MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Onde Magnétique OM-1 Cassette Synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Onde Magnétique OM-1 Cassette Synthesizer
krv
It sounds very interesting!!!

http://www.ondemagnetique.com
Paranormal Patroler
Page doesn't work for me hmmm.....
modulator_esp
http://www.ondemagnetique.com/
noisejockey
Love mine. CV and gate in. Highly, nay, rather urgently recommended. Same guy made me a tape delay with the same Marantz deck as the Space Case Tape Echo but for half the cost.

It was user Diablo here that turned me onto Scott Campbell's work - can't find his original thread at the moment.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQarE5GgSz6/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQY8R_fgvyN/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNP7zFPAja9/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNP_VGOgzN5/
rowsbywoof
Too bad these have been sold out for a long-long time now. I keep popping onto the page periodically to see if there's an update, and or news of another run. This thread made me hopeful for a split second... :(
noisejockey
rowsbywoof wrote:
Too bad these have been sold out for a long-long time now. I keep popping onto the page periodically to see if there's an update, and or news of another run. This thread made me hopeful for a split second... :(

Just reach out to him and ask! The more proactive interest he hears, the more he might be encouraged to do another run.
krv
noisejockey wrote:
Love mine. CV and gate in.

CV in is what I really love, does it react to negative values?
Also have you ever tried to work with non continues tone, like for example, a field recording or else?
noisejockey
krv wrote:
noisejockey wrote:
Love mine. CV and gate in.

CV in is what I really love, does it react to negative values?
Also have you ever tried to work with non continues tone, like for example, a field recording or else?

Away for a few days, will need to test negative CV this coming weekend; I've only used Pressure Points and other sequencers so far.

I've not tried field rec's, as I tend to put those into a Radio Music, iPad, or the HC-TT; the HC-TT is great with non melodic material and that's been my preference so far. Easy to test though.
Hans-g
do not see it
krv
Hans-g wrote:
do not see it

Fixed d'oh!
krv
noisejockey wrote:

I've not tried field rec's, as I tend to put those into a Radio Music, iPad, or the HC-TT; the HC-TT is great with non melodic material and that's been my preference so far. Easy to test though.

That would be great, I'd love to hear it with everything non melodic and even non musical like filed rec or tv/radio show recording or...anything SlayerBadger!
noisejockey
Woohoo, first video I've ever posted to YouTube (though my Vimeo account has other more polished stuff)...so, by request...

Short demo of OM-1 playing rhythm and drone. Ciat Lonbarde Plumbutter played into overdriven cassette, then played back via the OM-1 into a Red Panda Particle delay, routed through my Eurorack modular.

You can hear the un-warbled source material here.

This setup, under CV control, can be heard here.

rowsbywoof
noisejockey wrote:
rowsbywoof wrote:

Just reach out to him and ask! The more proactive interest he hears, the more he might be encouraged to do another run.

I should. I've signed up for his mailing list to get info on the OM-1 and have been hoping to hear something, but I am not holding my breath for another run. That being said, I should reach out and just say I'm interested.
krv
noisejockey wrote:
Woohoo, first video I've ever posted to YouTube (though my Vimeo account has other more polished stuff)...so, by request...

Short demo of OM-1 playing rhythm and drone. Ciat Lonbarde Plumbutter played into overdriven cassette, then played back via the OM-1 into a Red Panda Particle delay, routed through my Eurorack modular.

You can hear the un-warbled source material here.

This setup, under CV control, can be heard here.

Thank you very much for audio/video demo... this is amazing!!!
unexpectedbowtie
Scott's a good guy. I got one of his tape echo units as well a while back and it's great.
SmartBits
Pre-ordered one last friday! screaming goo yo
For those that already have one, a small question. Are the tape players also modified, or are these standard? I'm wondering if it might be interesting to buy another taperecorder for duophonic purposes.. Would that be possible?
rowsbywoof
SmartBits wrote:
Pre-ordered one last friday! screaming goo yo
For those that already have one, a small question. Are the tape players also modified, or are these standard? I'm wondering if it might be interesting to buy another taperecorder for duophonic purposes.. Would that be possible?

I should update here too, as I was crying like a little baby about not getting one last year. I was in Scott's last preorder group, and got my OM-1 last December.

You won't be disappointed. The entire package is fantastic. I bought his two new tapes this last preorder run just to show my support. Fantastic machine.

The tape deck is standard, as far as I can tell. Unless Scott has done something internally, but I don't think he has. You could probably split the CV out to do some cool stuff. Haha. I bet that would definitely work, and you could mess with the sound enough on each tape to handle different tones/chords/etc.
SmartBits
Good to hear, might be interesting then! I'll wait until I receive my OM-1 before searching for an additional deck. Judging from the few pictures I've seen Scott uses sony TCM-20DV decks? I figured they might have been modified like the Crudman. That uses more or less the same type, as far as I can tell.

I went for the complete package with my order, the OM-1 plus pitch ribbon and the two cassettes. Otherwise I'd probably later regret that I didn't order any of the additional stuff and shipping would make it too expensive.
scttcmpbll
Hi all! Scott from Onde Magnėtique here.
First off thanks to those who've picked up an OM-1 in the past or just recently placed a pre-order.

To answer the question about the cassette player, yes they are modified.

Here's a recent piece I recorded of the OM-1 through a Strymon Magneto

BTG
Scott, for those of us that didn’t get into the preorder what are our options?
scttcmpbll
BTG wrote:
Scott, for those of us that didn’t get into the preorder what are our options?

You can sign up for the mailing list to be notified when more become available.
I can only do these in small batches because they won't work with just any cassette player. Unfortunately there aren't any portable cassette players being made now than are high enough quality.
SmartBits
Scott, do you have an estimation on the shipping date for the latest batch?
SmartBits
Heads up: friday there will be a new batch on sale!
rowsbywoof
Oh nice. New tapes on Friday. I’ll definitely snag those.
indexofmetals
did the new batch of the Onde Magnétique sell out already? I checked late afternoon and it looked that way.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2