MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Choices patch examples
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Choices patch examples
Glitchmachines
I have searched and read through tons of posts, and the light bulb in my head is still a bit dim.

I get the general concept of how the Choices works and have read the manual, but I would greatly appreciate some further direction or patch examples.

It must be possible to pull off some tricky shit with this thing - please advise!

SlayerBadger!
MrBiggs
Anything you can modulate, you can send through or control with Choices. It's really simple.
What makes it neat to me is that one can attenuate or amplify a signal on each axis, and you can offset the signal on each axis. Oh and you can send manual gates and triggers too. Before I got to play with one I was all like "whatever man, a joystick." But once I started looking at all the CV inputs on my 9U, I could see the possibilities.

-Like, manual control over the rotation of the Rotating Clock Divider. (Which is what made me go "yes okay I must have one of these.")
-Manual control over the Log/Lin/Exp control of the Maths, which when clocked can end up controlling the speed of the clock as well, since the Maths doesn't retrigger on the rise.
-Manual control of the Time Base of the Model 10.
-Either of the above on one axis with, hmm, the Change parameter of the Noisering on the other.
-Change AND Chance on X and Y. Manually clock the NR with the trigger out.
- Manually reset any or all sequences of the Z8000 with the trigger as CV from one or two of the tracks is routed through Choices. Holy shit!
- Send the manual gate to a VC Switch, so you can have the stick going to two different sets of parameters, and merely by hitting the gate button on the Choices you can control what you're controlling.

I could go on. I just got the barebones kit in the mail and heck if I don't have time to build the thing for a week or two. I want to hook it to an Arduino and make it go pretty lights as I twiddle and stuff.
MrBiggs
Oh wait, I forgot:

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! Band Band Band headbang headbang headbang
Soy Sos
Thanks MrBiggs,
I'm glad a better typist with writing skills got to it before me.
Try all the ones above and soon you'll think of 100 more.
MrBiggs
I forgot an obvious one.
First, manual control over the speed of an LFO. Okay, pretty cool right? Now try X controls the Rise time of a Maths, Y controls the Fall time. This means one bad ass LFO. Independent control over rise AND fall! And knobby control attenuating or offsetting this control.

mmffgghhbrbrr. Drool.
Glitchmachines
Thanks a ton, Mr. Biggs!

lots of great suggestions/ideas - now I'm really starting to see the bigger picture

thanks for taking the time to help - very much appreciated
SlayerBadger!
dude
vc scroll through wavetable banks is my favorite. is also fun to use with a cgs slope detector. axis>quantizer>vco>vca and then gate>eg>vc of vca = awesome playable tonal instrument. sorry if any of this has already been stated.
brandonlogic
Bump! Anyone have any more examples? Considering one of these and looking for more useful/interesting ways people are using them.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1