Discontinuity problem

Discussion and support for users and builders of Oakley Sound musical products.

Moderators: Kent, Synthbuilder

tobias
lovesbacon

Discontinuity problem

Post by tobias » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:32 pm

I recently finished building a discontinuity module in MOTM format but I'm having a problem. Something seems to be wrong with the input socket, I think. I'm extremely amateur when it comes to DIY, but I've had pretty good luck with everything else I've built. When i insert a 1/4 in jack i dont hear anything on the output. However, if I put the jack in halfway it seems normal. I've tried desoldering and replacing the input socket on the socket pcb and everything looks normal, but that didnt fix it. My other guess is maybe theres a problem with the 3, 4, or 5 pin connectors between the pbcs. If i knew a little bit more about how to opperate a mutimeter I'd probably be a lot better at trouble shooting this kind of stuff.... Can anybody please help?

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Discontinuity problem

Post by Synthbuilder » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:37 am

tobias wrote:My other guess is maybe theres a problem with the 3, 4, or 5 pin connectors between the PCBs.
I think it could be this too. It'll probably be the 5-way SKT-TOP one. Check that this has been wired correctly. That all pins are joined and that pin 1 goes to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2 and so on.

Make sure too that all headers are positioned correctly and the ones on the socket board are on the side of the PCB that is not printed on. That is, only the 1/4" sockets should be on the side that has the white print.

Also, make sure that both pins 2 and 3 on the power supply header are connected to 0V on the power supply.

Tony

tobias
lovesbacon

Post by tobias » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Thank you Tony! I'll check it out this weekend

Return to “Oakley Sound Systems”