MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mocante, w/ Mr. Grassi. w/ PB2. w/ BB, Coco, Shnth vids
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Mocante, w/ Mr. Grassi. w/ PB2. w/ BB, Coco, Shnth vids
smog
Been a pretty good year so far, picked up a Deerhorn Organ and finally a Plumbutter2 MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Of immediate interest my Mocante showed up yesterday! Its pretty wild, before hooking it up to the euro I recorded this little demo of what all of its outputs sound like "Tocante" style direct into my interface. At the end patched the Triangle CV out into the CV in while listening to Square Drones.

Finally got around to patching it with my IFM euro, sent its Triangle CV/Gate to a Denum along with its audio outs into a mixer. Was excited to finally hear how the IGM Keyboard sounds/responds and was pleasently surprised at the effect from touching the unpatched Mr. Grassi and Mocante at the same time....so recorded this little demo to show how that was going. As I went along I patched the Square Out of Denum to the CV in on Mocante to get some kinda of beat, and later patched Mr. Grassi into Bounds on Denum to mess with the beat.
dorkmorph
Miley Cyrus applause cool nanners
very cool. thanks for the vids!
now i want mocante very frustrating
smog
Do it thumbs up I wish I would have picked one up sooner, its so amazing. Lots of really interesting sounds, especially when you get to patching it with itself hyper Still have so much to figure out and experiment with. Cool results patching Tocante into the Square Drone out jack.

Of course I wanted to see how it worked controlling the Plumbutter, sure enough the Gate out triggers all the PB modules! I didn't get into patching the other Mocante outs to see if they would trigger PB Greens, nor anything to do with rollz or mwtrs yet.

I recorded this little demo of a basic patch with Mocante's Gate Out triggering an AVDog into action, with the Triangle CV controlling pitch on both AVDogs. First AVDog was triggering a Gongue which was triggering the other AVDog that's triggering the other Gongue. The AVDog's are FM mod the Gongues but didn't get into any cool verso/inverso stuff. Some out was triggering Snare and something was patched back into the Mocante CV in.

Patched the witches-tones into the Ultrasound. Sent Square Drone to be processed through the AUX inputs of Gongues and Deerhorn, wanted to have those in stereo so I had to use a passive mult and a couple stereo y-adapters to make it happen. Here I just go through how all of the modules were responding with it.
dadek
Wow Smog, you're really getting an amazing range of control in that last video and love the sounds. applause
Steelshank
Cool to see this in action with the IFM applause
smog
Steelshank wrote:
Cool to see this in action with the IFM applause

Mocante is so much more than I imagined. I didn't really know what to expect, but that's about par for the course for me and CL/IFM hihi I'm gonna be busy figuring out the many ways to use this.

dadek wrote:
Wow Smog, you're really getting an amazing range of control in that last video and love the sounds. applause

I was just loving how the two were getting on together. Mocante is a really great controller! I'm just in love with the PB. Only had it about three weeks now so still don't have much understanding of what I'm doing or what kind of signals to expect from the various PB outputs. I think getting familiar with patching the verso/inverso jacks will be major. But wow its incredible just patching anything to anything, sitting back and listening to it unfold. This is fun!

Soooo, been playing around with the Mocante into and controlling the Cocoquantus love Got side tracked and recorded this little demo of a trick I discovered for getting immediate sonic results from plugging a signal IN to the Square Drone OUT jack. At least this was working for the Tocante I had at hand. Details in the video info.
pugix
Cool. Thanks for the videos!

You may be injecting signal from Tocante to Mocante just by touching both of them. Try unplugging the Tocante from the Square Tones out and see if it still works.

I've just recently completed my Mocante rack.

http://pugix.com/synth/updated-mocante-rack/

One very cool thing is that I can inject a signal from Mocante into Unknown Pleasures, just by touching both. I'm about to start exploring this rack in depth. I'll be making more posts about it.
smog
pugix wrote:
Try unplugging the Tocante from the Square Tones out and see if it still works....One very cool thing is that I can inject a signal from Mocante into Unknown Pleasures, just by touching both. .

Hi, I've learned so much from your posts and website. Many thanks we're not worthy
That reminds me, why did you install a Banana jack on your Mocante? I've had success with a format jumbler, and can't figure out when a ground on the Mocante would be useful?

I just tried Tocante unplugged and didn't work seriously, i just don't get it But, I know what you mean and have had similar weird interactions between touch modules in my control rack.

I originally assumed touching the Square Area would be involved and perhaps in some settings/instances it might be necessary to touch circle/oval/square combos? When I was first just messing around I would get different responses touching the square/circle at same time with Tocante plugged in...but wasn't really paying attention trying to figure it out.

But, definitely found when plugged into the Square Drone with the Tocante BB, BT, or Phashi by just touching those first two circles with the Pitch knob above noon their signal is present on either of the witches-tones...its much stronger/louder out the Hard than Soft. Actually you only need to touch the single Circle that's on the attenuverter side to hear the injected signal. This works with Karper too but not string sounds, more weird damping kinda effect and other neat sounds. The injected signal is also present as you touch anywhere along the circle area, but it seems to be strongest starting right there near the knobs.

On the other hand I tried the same thing but inputting a signal from my Shnth and got no results...so there's much more to discover. Just how it goes with Peter's wonderful instruments, i guess hihi

Looking forward to see what you find!
pugix
smog wrote:

Hi, I've learned so much from your posts and website. Many thanks we're not worthy

I'm glad to hear that. Thanks!

smog wrote:
That reminds me, why did you install a Banana jack on your Mocante? I've had success with a format jumbler, and can't figure out when a ground on the Mocante would be useful?

I put a ground banana jack on everything (except Tocantes). I connect all the grounds together when playing multiple instruments, patching between cases, etc., so that all power supply grounds have a low resistance between them. Then I can patch across all cable formats without being concerned with a ground.

I still have the old wood case that Mocante came in. It has the ground banana jack. If anyone wants it, I'll sell it cheap.
smog
pugix wrote:

...so that all power supply grounds have a low resistance between them. Then I can patch across all cable formats without being concerned with a ground.

I still have the old wood case that Mocante came in. It has the ground banana jack. If anyone wants it, I'll sell it cheap.

ah, thanks thumbs up
deltaphoenix
Hey UncleGrandpa, cool to see you here.
yghartsyrt
fuck. now I want a mocante
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1