MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel Springray 2?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Intellijel Springray 2?
z3r01
Was looking to get a Springray, but saw that Intellijel were going to be releasing a Springray 2.

Thought I remembered Danjel saying that it was almost ready to be released (in production, or something along the lines of that), in the NAMM videos but haven't heard, or seen anything about it after.

Just wondering if anyone heard any news/updates about it lately?
Jamnuska
They have that 1U version. That just got released. Digiverb.

I was about to pull the trigger also on one and now you have me in a holding pattern.
exper
Jamnuska wrote:

I was about to pull the trigger also on one and now you have me in a holding pattern.

I plan to have both. Will be ordering the 1u one asap, and I think the Springray2 sounds really nice with the new parametric eq sweeps.
z3r01
Yeah the slight tweak to the features on the Springray 2 looks good, and it does seem to tick all the boxes for me. The redesigned opto-limiter looks like a plus as well.

Hoping to hear more about it soon (updates, demos, etc). Mr. Green
Roy72
I think its supposed to land in March, along with the Shifty and maybe the 4 VCA?
Gorsky
Quad VCA is already released - I just ordered one from Musicstore.de smile
z3r01
Roy72 wrote:
I think its supposed to land in March, along with the Shifty and maybe the 4 VCA?

Yeah, thought I remembered Danjel mentioning that the Springray 2 would be released around the same time as the Quad VCA in the NAMM interviews, unless I misinterpreted it.

Also, it seems that the Intellijel website has been updated with the images of the announced modules, but not the Springray. Hmmm...
kisielk
Jamnuska wrote:

Digiverb is really totally unlike the Springray.

Springray 2 is at least another few weeks away.
z3r01
kisielk wrote:
Jamnuska wrote:

Digiverb is really totally unlike the Springray.

Springray 2 is at least another few weeks away.

Great to hear that, and thanks for the update, kisielk!
indigoid
Don't let that stop you buying an original Springray. Just add a Springray 2 later :-)

Multiple spring reverb modules is way more awesome than I ever expected.
z3r01
indigoid wrote:
Don't let that stop you buying an original Springray. Just add a Springray 2 later :-)

Multiple spring reverb modules is way more awesome than I ever expected.

My apologies, didn't see your reply earlier. Haha yeah, that would be tempting, to be honest. However, space constraints mean I can only have one. sad banana

Anyways, sorry to bump this thread again, but I was wondering if there are any updates with regards to the Springray 2? Mr. Green
RussiaZero23
I have been looking at the web site to see any word on availability and when people have bought it. It seems like spring reverb do not get much love or are just not in the limelight.

I have been on the fence in getting the Version one vs version 2.

Since there are no test out or demos I can not judge the quality of the new version compared to the old one.
indigoid
all those voltage-controllable bits on Springray mean it's a whole lot easier to do some patches

Eg. You can just feed an envelope into the Springray feedback CV. Music Thing Spring (which is otherwise a very good spring reverb module) doesn't have feedback CV though, so you need extra modules around it to create the VC'd feedback path
z3r01
The Springray 2 made a brief appearance in this recent video posted by Intellijel:

Hopefully, this means that it is almost ready to be released. Fingers crossed.
echox
FYI:
I ordered a Springray 1 at Schneiders in Februrary. Due to some internal missunderstandings it took a little while and they told me last week that Intellijel won't be shipping Springray 1 modules anymore because of to many technical defects and returns.
Springray 2 is on its way but any release date or price unknown.

I was a little bit surprised hearing of technical problems because I haven't read anyone complaining on muffwiggler or anywhere else. Bought a Maths instead and now waiting desperately for hte Springray 2 :-)
exper
echox wrote:
FYI:
I ordered a Springray 1 at Schneiders in Februrary. Due to some internal missunderstandings it took a little while and they told me last week that Intellijel won't be shipping Springray 1 modules anymore because of to many technical defects and returns.
Springray 2 is on its way but any release date or price unknown.

I was a little bit surprised hearing of technical problems because I haven't read anyone complaining on muffwiggler or anywhere else. Bought a Maths instead and now waiting desperately for hte Springray 2 :-)

I'd take things they say with a grain of salt. I had a springray and loved it. Only sold it to make way for the 2 version because the new filtering sounded so good.
RussiaZero23
z3r01 wrote:
The Springray 2 made a brief appearance in this recent video posted by Intellijel:

Hopefully, this means that it is almost ready to be released. Fingers crossed.

its a shame it was not used at higher levels or going crazy with modulations.

I hope intellijet makes a statement on the springray2 soon. I check their web site and nothing yet on this.
WaveRider
exper wrote:

I'd take things they say with a grain of salt. I had a springray and loved it. Only sold it to make way for the 2 version because the new filtering sounded so good.

yeah what is the difference anyway?

might be the opportunity to get a v1 cheaper....
exper
WaveRider wrote:
exper wrote:

might be the opportunity to get a v1 cheaper....

EQ change to parametric (sounds great doing phaser like sweeps), vactrol controlled limiting, etc. I think overall, its a complete re-design of how the tanks are driven as well...
CF3
WaveRider wrote:

Voltage versus current driven design. Better frequency response, for one. Plus some other new stuff.

Dan explains it here starting at about 8:10 in...

Been eagerly awaiting this one hyper
intellijel
echox wrote:
FYI:
I ordered a Springray 1 at Schneiders in Februrary. Due to some internal missunderstandings it took a little while and they told me last week that Intellijel won't be shipping Springray 1 modules anymore because of to many technical defects and returns

This is not correct at all. Not sure if it is a translation mistake or a misunderstanding. There are no technical problems and we had very few returns/fails with the Springray 1.

The reason for discontinuing the Springray 1 is because we made a new and different version and debuted it at NAMM. For this reason it would not make sense to produce anymore v1 modules but unfortunately we are a bit stuck because we have some issues with the first batch of v2 that we built (none of which have been sold/shipped) but we are out of stock of the v1 module.

The problems with v2 have to do solely with the limiter circuit not functioning to our desired satisfaction when feedback is high. We have a couple of plans for this that we are still in the middle of evaluating and it has unfortunately taken a bit lot longer than originally anticipated.

We apologize for the delays and hopefully we will have some good news soon!
damase
Thanks for the update
Loved my v1
Excited for v2
RussiaZero23
intellijel wrote:
echox wrote:
FYI:
I ordered a Springray 1 at Schneiders in Februrary. Due to some internal missunderstandings it took a little while and they told me last week that Intellijel won't be shipping Springray 1 modules anymore because of to many technical defects and returns

This is not correct at all. Not sure if it is a translation mistake or a misunderstanding. There are no technical problems and we had very few returns/fails with the Springray 1.

The reason for discontinuing the Springray 1 is because we made a new and different version and debuted it at NAMM. For this reason it would not make sense to produce anymore v1 modules but unfortunately we are a bit stuck because we have some issues with the first batch of v2 that we built (none of which have been sold/shipped) but we are out of stock of the v1 module.

The problems with v2 have to do solely with the limiter circuit not functioning to our desired satisfaction when feedback is high. We have a couple of plans for this that we are still in the middle of evaluating and it has unfortunately taken a bit lot longer than originally anticipated.

Thanks for that update as well. I look forward to getting some 70's verb out of your new Springray2
echox
As I said I was a little bit surprised of this answer.

The guy on the phone was a little bit in a hurry since he tried to figure out why the ordered module wasn't already shipped. Looks like this was mixed up ;-)

Thanks for the update! :-)
z3r01
intellijel wrote:

Appreciate the update, Danjel! Even more excited about it now. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5