MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Released! disNdat - alternate firmware for Disting - Mk3!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Released! disNdat - alternate firmware for Disting - Mk3!!!
deadvolume
Greetings,

This is my first release of the disNdat firmware for Disting (PICkit3 required for Mk1 and 2 versions). Containing a selection of new (and old but useful) algorithms including trigger and CV sequencers, envelope/LFO recorder, dual quantiser, a sampling waveshaper, a chord oscillator and a pattern switching multitap delay…. Enjoy!

Testers are welcome

Downloads - click the links then click download all:

Manual:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14zIXyp0boBrsEKv_7Jf9YDhsmWZX49DSIx O9djVEbFs/edit?usp=sharing

Mk1&2 hex files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B15JnnZJIYXPR2MzUmNIaW9uUjA

Mk3 hex file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B15JnnZJIYXPUTJqOHdiMmc0WFU

Demo videos with my boring voice (cheers Chris)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSdB2mpSoFz3zCrS1pWBdJPtRHF6LtN FV

I'm using hex files for now but intend to release the full code if people are interested.

Cheers
Kev
os
w00t w00t w00t
os
Embedding a video in case people miss that there is video (like I did originally).

deadvolume
Thanks Os!
scrichton
Brilliant,

Thanks for getting this out in the wild and sorry for harassing you via you tube. Great work. Just hope the post arrives with my programmer soon.

Steve
deadvolume
scrichton wrote:
Brilliant,

Thanks for getting this out in the wild and sorry for harassing you via you tube. Great work. Just hope the post arrives with my programmer soon.

Steve

Ha, no worries, it was your interest that reminded me I had to get it finished.
Let me know how you get on.
pisrecords
excellent ! we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy Guinness ftw!
deadvolume
Mk3 version now available (see top)

For anyone willing to take the plunge, feedback is most welcome.
pisrecords
deadvolume wrote:

thanks , gonna check it ! nanners
Shledge
Good to see people making custom algos for these - I'd love to learn myself, but I don't have much time and patience.
a100user
Just ordered a XCSOURCE Pickit3 Pickit3.5 so I can try this out.
pisrecords
deadvolume wrote:

chordmode is beautiful , applause

check this video
pisrecords
deadvolume wrote:

i have disting mk3 , my module crash and restart in algorithm 1-a - Toolbox with 9.5volst positive and negative at input Y . Funcrions 10 - Randomness 11 - Thru zero FM LFO
deadvolume
Cheers pisrecords,

Cool video, good to see you got it up and running thumbs up

I'll take a look at the crashing issues, if you encounter any more problems let me know (this is still early days so there probably will be!). Will aim for a release in a couple of weeks time.
Shledge
Is it possible to put these into a blank bank for the mk3?
robman84
Cool, just received my PickIT so about to give this a shot. Hope I don't fry anything! As an aside, in your videos you use a module to create positive and negative voltages. Can I ask what it is?

Thanks

edit: Worked out the logo and scoured Mutable Instruments site - it's Shades, right?
robman84
Sorry, newbie question. I've managed to read the Disting MK2's memory and dump it to a file. But when I open the MK2 project I get this error:

Project "disNdat_mk2.X.prebuilt" refers to file "hello_disting.X.production.hex" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.

I've set the config stuff as per your documentation but when I press “Make and Program Device” not much happens other than the “Make and Program Device” button greys out.

Any tips? As I said - newbie, who has never used a Pickit3 before.

Thanks
deadvolume
I'll release the .hex file and get everyone to update using the IPE instead.

There was a reason I did the pre-built thing but can't remember what that was now. hmmm..... either way it doesn't seem to be working as expected.

Check back tonight

PS: It was shades!
robman84
Oh right, thanks. Thought I was doing something wrong! I did manage to re-write the original hex after messing up the calibration though smile
deadvolume
Shledge wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have any of the "official" code so am unable to do this.
captainhooke
this is excellent. was just playing around with the multitap meta delay and it's really really great fun and sounds amazing! can see myself using this a lot. made a small video of it:

PopGoblin
Hey - I seem to have had the same issue as robman. Looking forward to the hex-file smile
captainhooke
deadvolume wrote:
Shledge wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have any of the "official" code so am unable to do this.

that's 2 bad, what be great to have some of these algorhitms together with the official firmware… maybe os can help us out? smile i'm sure he has nothing better to do.
deadvolume
Hey guys,

I've changed the links and updated the manual. Let me know how you get on and if the manual is clear enough on how to do everything.
robman84
Cheers for the hex files. Do we still preserve the program memory range as before?
edit - ignore me. I didn't notice the manual was updated oops
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2