MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BARTON DIY - Two Modules BMC39 BMC45
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author BARTON DIY - Two Modules BMC39 BMC45
XPump
I really dig these (2) BARTON DIY Modules: BMC39 BMC45
Very inexpensive and lots of fun

BMC45. Matrix Router

Store and recall 16 analog switch routing patches
Select patch 1 - 16 with CV input and send a pulse to Load it
{Send any of the 4 inputs - triggers, gates, cv’s, audio - to any of the 4 outputs }

BMC39.Step Rhythm Sequencer

Select any on/off sequence within even numbered note events 4,8,16 up to 32) and Save into channel A and B to later Load any (2) of the saved 16 patches

Pictured is a set of each ( I have another Matrix Router not shown)
The panels a flat black w/ cheap label maker

bonjourmyfriends
The Router is awesome. I have a whole bunch of gates/triggers going in and I use it to route those rhythms to various envelope generators.

One thing - is it supposed to delete all your saved matrices every time you switch off the power? Mine does and it's a real bummer.
XPump
Unfortunately when the unit powers down it doesn't save it settings .I recently got an upgradedchip from Barton that fixed a CV and gate input problem I was having.if you don't have this new chip I urge you contact him as it made a huge difference
omiindustriies
Those look great
DSC
I added four mute buttons to mine. This module is very useful!

Eric the Red
I am finishing up a build of 4-BMC-045 sequencers right now. Looking forward to finishing them up soon.

-Eric
XPump
Cool "Mute - ant" hihi

Ive been using 2mm LED's from http://led-switch.com
Mounted flush to a panel they illuminate so much cleaner than the regular ones - a perfect solid dot of color w/o all the over-shoot and annoying flashing- the "pure" green and red ones are really nice (i don't understand why Euro Manufacturers are not using these ) - they need ~ +5k or so ( -adjust to your taste )

here is a screen shot -
- and no .. i did not drill them panel holes! : }
Kent
Are there any full kits or, at least, panels for the BCM45?
XPump
No full kits that I am aware of..

BARTON site has the (2) PCB set w/ the PIC (40 pin IC) and also a panel available
http://www.bartonmusicalcircuits.com/router

but you’d have to source all the parts for this .
There is a detailed BOM in the .pdf
http://www.bartonmusicalcircuits.com/router/documentation.pdf

He has order instructions in his site - (and a lot of other fun diy PCBs and panels hyper )
Email him your order and PAYPAL info and he invoices you.

This build for this one is very simple & straightforward - I think a beginner could tackle it if they have reasonable soldering skills and are patient. Theres nothing to adjust
Perhaps try a simpler build 1st - like = https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/cfm-bipolar-half-wave-rectifier/

Theres also this site (there may be other sites ):
http://modularaddict.com/manufacturer/barton/barton-programmablerouter -pcb
you can order Barton pcbs thru
….they might someday have a kit for this
XPump
bonjourmyfriends commented thats settings were lost after pwr down

I have some new chips from M. Barton for some many months now
and i wanted to mention my settings are always saved
XPump
bonjourmyfriends

Hey - sometime back i posted info on Bartons Matrix mixer and you
commented that settings were lost after pwr down

I have some new chips from M. Barton for some many months now
and i wanted to mention my settings are always saved.
He fixed the load pulse as it was buggy
Ping him and Im sure he'll send you a new pic

( you may get my post on this if your subscribed to that thread )

cheers!
acidicfeces
DSC wrote:
I added four mute buttons to mine. This module is very useful!

what did you use for the panel? some kind of finish?
XPump
the finish is just (4) coats of Flat Black quick dry lacquer on alum panels supplied from Barton with a label maker -- not very sophisticated but its enough -- next DIY project try some of these smaller LEDS i recommended -- Used on Bartons Rhythm sequencer its 100X cleaner looking then the normal choice for LED's
toneburst
The matrix router looks great, but I’m not a fan of the specified tactile buttons.

If I knew how to do circuit-layout, I’d do a version of it with illuminated buttons, instead of the separate buttons and LEDs.

a|x
mome rath
toneburst wrote:
The matrix router looks great, but I’m not a fan of the specified tactile buttons.

If I knew how to do circuit-layout, I’d do a version of it with illuminated buttons, instead of the separate buttons and LEDs.

a|x

good call
BMC supplies all the schematics so you could prob make that happen with a tiny bit of study
rosch
Idk about these specific modules but I bought a bunch of kits for convenience (instead of just board and pics from Michael) from synthcube. They have kits for probably all boards they offer.
But with a proper stock of diy material you probably only need to get some pushbuttons, stuff like that.
BMC rocks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1