MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[IC for another run?] Custom euro panels
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author [IC for another run?] Custom euro panels
julian
8hp allocated to Scott
julian
bumping this
julian
Im closing this off on Monday morning. If there is any left over space, ill fill the gaps with some of my own stuff to get the job underway.
synchromesh
julian wrote:
Im closing this off on Monday morning. If there is any left over space, ill fill the gaps with some of my own stuff to get the job underway.

So does that mean we're underway? hyper Boat
julian
Parts are cutting as i type this.

A bit later than i intended - i was waiting on an email that had actually been sent to me, but i just had not spotted it : /

(sorry)
julian
hmmm.... [need to update]
Silver
The panels look great!
Chugging Beers
julian
Silver wrote:
The panels look great!
Chugging Beers

Your plague bearer panel worked out particularly nicely. I was not convinced about it when i saw it on screen (no technical issues, just subjective) but in the flesh the design works really well.
Silver
great! I was also kind of worried about the knob indicators on those, but didn't have a better way to do it in front panel designer. Happy to hear it worked!
Jarno
Good to see that this went ahead, I was actually expecting this to be more popular. Don't have something right now (still unpacking stuff, we've moved), but I'd really like to participate.
julian
Thank you.

I thought it would be more popular also, but then i often mis-judge these things!

It would be nice if it were busier, not just for my 'profits' but also if it were more current, then it would be a quicker turn around for participants.

Imagine if there was a weekly run, or something like that. It would enable diy builders to get a nicely finished unit very quickly with lower cost than other methods.
euromorcego
julian wrote:

I thought it would be more popular also, but then i often mis-judge these things!
[...]
Imagine if there was a weekly run, or something like that. It would enable diy builders to get a nicely finished unit very quickly with lower cost than other methods.

i think in general there is more interest for such kind of services ... for me the "no holes (drill your own)" was the dealbreaker. With "no holes", i see no real advantage over buying blank panels ... doing labels is usually ok ... i just fail at drilling holes that are evenly spaced and look good, so for me having the holes in would be rather essential.
julian
But then you're back to an fpd style service again. Which I offer all the time!

I feel I'm missing your point?
Silver
I just received my panels and they look FANTASTIC! Better than I could have hoped for. Thanks Julian!!!

applause applause applause
tojpeters
The key to perfect holes is having a circle engraved to show where the hole should be with some kind of crosshairs to show the center.
Use a center punch as normal. Drill with a step drill. Some of your holes will be off center. Stop drilling before you cross the line that defines your hole and then use a file to finish.
julian
Just wondering if there are any photos of anyone's finished builds yet?
Silver
Waiting to get access to a drill press which may take a while, but will post as soon as I do.
julian
New run started in 2mm silver, with center holes.

See this thread -

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181156
gbiz
Here's one of the Dervish panels from that run last month.

(Sorry julian for my tardiness in getting a pic done. I'm just building a few for customers so finally i have a panel-less Dervish to try it out on for pics).

julian
Hey,

Anyone else actually built up any of these panels yet?

(got any photos to share?)

: )
synchromesh
Last night I finally got around to drilling & filing my R-54 panel. It all came out fairly nicely, other than the infill using the Edding 780 paint pen wasn't hugely successful - cleanup with acetone failed to remove all the paint, so there's a bit of a red "cloud" remaining. d'oh!

Never mind, overall I'm pretty pleased with it. Guinness ftw!

julian
Thank you for sharing.

Ill pm you as to how to resolve the red... I have in mind that i offered you free infill.... (!)
synchromesh
Thanks Julian, any tips appreciated...

By the time you mentioned the free white infill I'd already bought the paint pens, so I thought I'd give it a go. If I did it all again I'd take you up on your offer... This is fun!
julian
Thinking of re-running this offer, if there is any interest?
christie
I'm interested.

As of right now I have a 6hp and 2 4hp panels I'd like made.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3