MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Nerdsynth NerdSEQ - eurorack tracker/sampler
glassofwater

Looks insanely cool!
Coming "early 2017", apparently.
http://nerdsynth.com/nerdseq/

TRACKER STYLE SEQUENCER
A full CV and Trigger sequencer based on oldschool trackers (like Fasttracker2, ImpulseTracker or LittleSoundDJ)

CV AND TRIGGER I/O
18 outputs for CV and Trigger sequencing. CV’s are free assignable for Note-scale and/or Modulations. 4 Multi purpose Inputs

SAMPLES
2 additional outputs for 4 sample tracks allow sample sequencing including special sample-FX

SEQUENCER TOOLS AND SPECIALS
Automation, (Wave-)Tables, Quantize, Glide, Retrigger, uneven patterns, Groove and many more

LOADS OF SEQUENCER MEMORY
255 sequencer rows, 176 patterns with each up to 64 steps can hold many songs for one project. Tons of projects manageable through a SD-Card.

EXPANSION MODULES
Special expansion modules allow the usage of a SEGA Gamepad for edititing and playing or the Synthesizer Cartridges from the Nerdsynth
GuyaGuy
According to the display, my flight to Cleveland is delayed.
gein
amazing sequencer, can't wait to get one. If you are familiar with little sound dj on gameboy, yo know how endless the sequence and modulation possibilities are.
coolshirtdotjpg
Not sure how I feel about 90s rack interface aesthetics coming to eurorack...
gein
The sega gamepad is a very ergonomic interface to program the sequencer.
I've used gameboys a lot and it always amazed me how quick and effective you can program stuff on it with only a few buttons.
joem
Kind of funny since I moved to eurorack to get away from trackers... I'm sure this'll be good for some people though.
hawkfuzz
GuyaGuy wrote:

applause
glassofwater
gein wrote:
I've used gameboys a lot and it always amazed me how quick and effective you can program stuff on it with only a few buttons.

Do you have any experience with this module? Is it similar to LSDJ in operation?
gein
glassofwater wrote:
gein wrote:

Do you have any experience with this module? Is it similar to LSDJ in operation?

I only had a short time with the module, Operation is more or less the same. If you can work with lsdj ,you can work with the nerdseq as well. It's a bit easier to navigate than lsdj, because you have buttons for the different screens.
AlanP
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
Not sure how I feel about 90s rack interface aesthetics coming to eurorack...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FastTracker_2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scream_Tracker

They're more shooting for a FastTracker 2 retro feel, I suspect.
Koryo
I've been checking the NerdSEQ page for months now with the little progress bars always maxing out at the same level.

A serious lack of activity, might be best to look elsewhere. Has anyone checked in to see if they are ok?
franman69
He was talking April last time I asked him.
DSC
If it is as dense as LSDJ, then it can't exactly be an easy product to make. Consider LSDJ is on firmware 5.1 or something which also begs the question on how long this would be supported. Even if the manufacturer makes it open source, it would require a lot of love from a decent amount of folks to keep the home fires burning. I have special love and interest for LSDJ, especially with eurorack thumbs up

gein
Koryo wrote:
I've been checking the NerdSEQ page for months now with the little progress bars always maxing out at the same level.

A serious lack of activity, might be best to look elsewhere. Has anyone checked in to see if they are ok?

I spoke to the maker last week , and the module is almost there. The firmware is mostly finished. He had to search for new screens , but that was done as well. I think a few months max. and it will be there. His plan was to have some units finished for Superbooth.
glassofwater
Spoke to him last night, actually. Asking a few questions. If the MIDI expander will make it do polyphonic sequencing (it will! In a future update, 3 note polyphony).
gein
glassofwater wrote:
Spoke to him last night, actually. Asking a few questions. If the MIDI expander will make it do polyphonic sequencing (it will! In a future update, 3 note polyphony).

And you can use a midi (or Cv) keyboard to record sequences .
nimmen
interesting stuff, might try making some space for it, oh the hours spent with ft2 in the days...
davidh
oh yeah, soundtracker, noisetracker, impulsetracker, screamtracker,Fasttracker2, Buzz Rockin' Banana!
firestARTer
Hi there,

first the most important thing: Progressbars updated hihi

Now some information. I am Thomas Margolf, the developer of the Nerdseq (and the Nerdsynth), founder of XOR Electronics which is my one man company name for the synth products.
Actually i didn't want to post anything about it here before i had it finished, but here we are.
The project is in full development, maybe it doesn't look like this, seeing the website progress (which got a little less priority i think),
but i put every free minute in it (next to a full-time job and wife + 2 kids ).
I will get there soon!
In general, i am at the very last steps for the release. At this point there is a beta-tester batch in production which will be ready within 2-3 weeks and then the beta testing starts.
I still got to put some work into the firmware but all critical parts are working well, all main functions are working stable.
They are some minor features where i got to put some more work in. Also, even after the release i will add more features also based on requests form users. The firmware can
be safely updated with the SD card...a matter of 2 minutes.

Because it is quite a complex module, i want to have everything right, so it takes and took a bit longer than expected.
I think April is a good indication for the first real batch. I do my very best to get a first production done until then.
I also booked a table at Superbooth, so if you are interrested, come by and play with it and ask me any question you want.

And also feel free to ask me any questions here.

PS: I am sure this is not a module for everyone, but i am also sure i can make some people very happy with it (including me).

http://www.xor-electronics.com
brandonlogic
the expanders!

LowOver
firestARTer wrote:
Hi there,

I also booked a table at Superbooth, so if you are interrested, come by and play with it and ask me any question you want.

And also feel free to ask me any questions here.

PS: I am sure this is not a module for everyone, but i am also sure i can make some people very happy with it (including me).

http://www.xor-electronics.com

thats great news , got my ticket already and this kind of module could be an all time fav. will check for sure.
The Illuminaire
I mean, it is a tracker/sampler. It is definitely going to function very similar to tracker apps for Win/OSX and naturally, LSDJ used on DMG-1 gameboys.

Very rad addition to the eurorack world, but also very niche.
Check Mate
I visited one of the guys yesterday at Superbooth and he gave me a great overview of the Nerdseq and the additional expanders.
I really like the idea I must admit. There will be all kinds of Cartridges (even C64).

TechForze
Ohh, can use samples also!
2 questions;
A) Is it possible to record samples?
B) Is it possible to set gate length in tracker-style? (not only triggers)
BaloErets
GuyaGuy wrote:

Best quote of the week... now I gotta clean up the beer that sprayed all over my desk due to an unfortunate timing of a swig and laughter hihi Guinness ftw! hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4