MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Benidub Delay & Reverb
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Benidub Delay & Reverb
kwaidan
Both boxes are aimed at performance, but I have not seen much about them. Does anyone have experience with either one of them?
grillo
wow I had never heard of these and they sure look great! screaming goo yo
Hope somebody comes through in the thread with some hands on experience
Futuresound
The delay looks awesome, but for that price, the lack of tap or clock input is a serious omission.
Mr. Roboto
During the last few weeks I was several times only a second away from pulling the trigger for the Echo Delay.
But as it has no tap-tempo, no feedback loop break out and (most annoying) is mono only I always could resist. For this price I do expect a little bit more.

Anyway, I'm also still interested in further videos and sound examples beside the two ones on YT.
NU
Mr. Roboto wrote:
But as it has no tap-tempo, no feedback loop break out and (most annoying) is mono only I always could resist.

The fine BPM dial seems as good or better to me than tap tempo. But re: mono, more to the point it's only meant to be used with Aux send/return, passes no dry signal at all. Definitely a specific sort of delay unit.. not for me but not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: BPM knob isn't actually very fine. meh
kwaidan
Does anyone own the reverb? Since there are no dry and wet demos, it is hard to tell how it really affects the sound.

Since MeMe Antenna sold out the first batch, someone must have an opinion.
R.U.Nuts
Resurrecting this thread:
I have a Benidub Delay since two days now and I must say it's great. It sounds awesome and the interface is brilliant. Most of the stuff contributors in this thread find lacking about it doesn't bother me. I never need a dry/wet mix since I hook up delays to aux channels anyway. For tempo synced delays I have a 4MS DLD in my eurorack and stereo delays are something that can become pretty tiresome to listen to IMHO. What's great about the Benidub is that it has all those nice well-spaced knobs to wiggle with. Something I seem to have missed using mostly eurorack gear.
You can find a nice sounding delay time easily with that big knob. I actually use it mostly in unquantized mode.
The filters and the overdrive sound great and the feedback can be controlled nicely. There are a lot of BBD and tape emulating digital delays out there which allow the choice of different models but with the use of the modulation and the filter on the Benidub you can continuously sweep between a dark BBD sound to a saturated tape and then to a clear digital delay.
Now I need the spring reverb Dead Banana
CF3
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Now I need the spring reverb Dead Banana

I’ve had the Spring Amp MKII for awhile.... very cool. If you’re into spring reverbs, can’t go wrong.
Funky40
I want a Benidub Echo. tl;dr....is set in bold,
https://www.benidub.com/digital-echo/

but: the additional costs are too much to justifie to order just one unit from spain ....since swiss is not EU, and the Barcelona shop seems even not to count the EU VAT off for me.

So:
i just made a request to gear4music to add the Benidub Echo to their sortiment
( since G4M is great for me to order from swiss out of several reasons / import related)

please double my request at G4M
in case you sit in Europe and you´d be also interested in the Benidub Echo !!!
info@gear4music.com ( or: .ch / .de )

on topic:
i thought about it. The lack of stereo IS a lack ! since a stereo unit could be used in mono also wink
no tempo sync is allways a lack, in my book even a NOGO, no exuses...somehow.
BUT: the Benidub Echo seems to be layed out so very much for one specific use that it seems that they´ve donne their thing *very* right otherwise.
I´m not into Dub, ...i just understand now that jamming *IS* their thing ! wink
......and thats my thing too we're not worthy
also seemes the filter setup to be donne very well

i see me personally having two BeniDub echos run side by side and jamm the hell out of just a few samples, even just one sample per echo.
imagine one or two such benidub units hooked to a Octatrack (or similar boxes)

I want one !
In best advertisement Voice: please make your request at G4M now ! hihi
nodog
Funky40 wrote:

please double my request at G4M
in case you sit in Europe and you´d be also interested in the Benidub Echo !!!
info@gear4music.com ( or: .ch / .de )

Done. It's a pity it's just a tad expensive for what it is. Still eventually going to buy it though. ;-)
Funky40
nodog wrote:

Done. It's a pity it's just a tad expensive for what it is. Still eventually going to buy it though. ;-)

Thanks !

Yeah, its on the boarder for me also.
289€ would have been perfect. But then, look what other boxes cost.
If a Box is donne sweetspotty right things become more relative......but i can´t know upfront.

shit:
i overlooked that there is allready a (small) uk store carrying the Benidub Echo

i keep sitting behind this wink
R.U.Nuts
nodog wrote:

It's a pity it's just a tad expensive for what it is.

That's right. Compared to other delay stompboxes it's pretty expensive and the limited feature set (no dry/wet control most of all) makes it an absolute niche product. But if you're the type of guy who's into what the Benidub Delay offers, you'll get a box full of sweetspots and a gorgeous UI.
nodog
It won't replace my OTO BIM but I think I'll sell my SDE3000 after buying this. I expect it to be a proper replacement for that.
nodog
Well, that was a big succes: https://www.gear4music.nl/en/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Benidub-Digital-Echo/3 4D3

They have it now but it's over 200euro more expensive applause applause applause
Funky40
haha, LOL.......can´t be right,
340€ at the other shop in UK and also at mutanmonkey in Barcelona

i ordered in the meantime from Mutanmonkey,
they gave me a coupon to compensate for the EU VAT which would be applyed otherwise also for my country.
So price was fair ( not willing to pay EU VAT, beeing in a non eU Country, but paying my countrys taxes then on top )
nodog
Ah, you got that one! Now I have to wait two weeks. d'oh! hihi
Got a little discount also after I asked for it politely. About the same as the shipping cost which is nice but far from the 20% you seem to be getting! applause

Have fun with it!!!
Funky40
nodog wrote:
Ah, you got that one! Now I have to wait two weeks. d'oh! hihi

lol

and:

hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1