MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Deckard's Dream
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Author Deckard's Dream
ualslosar
How does one use the LOAD & SAVE functions on a DDRM, please?

- Does one LOAD several presets to achieve a desired sound?

Thanks,
Larry
whyfarer
ualslosar wrote:
How does one use the LOAD & SAVE functions on a DDRM, please?

- Does one LOAD several presets to achieve a desired sound?

Thanks,
Larry

No - my understanding is that LOAD will load a single saved sound. SAVE lets you save the settings for the current sound. If you want to combine multiple presets you'll have to do it manually.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
witchbutter
Am I missing something here? The output on my DD is really quiet. So quiet that even on a line level input there is quite a bit of tape hiss type noise because I have to crank the gain about 12DB.

Also, does anyone know if the Spektro VST ever happened? Seems to be nowhere to download such a thing?
Panason
Check cable and connections?

So what do you do if your DD arrives with issues? Does "Black Corporation" accept returns and who pays the insured shipping back to Japan ? Will carriers even insure such a high value item?
dubchild
Got a V.1 DD. How do I update the firmware?
The info on the website is vague at best.
Pando
witchbutter wrote:
Am I missing something here? The output on my DD is really quiet. So quiet that even on a line level input there is quite a bit of tape hiss type noise because I have to crank the gain about 12DB.

Also, does anyone know if the Spektro VST ever happened? Seems to be nowhere to download such a thing?

Is that with all factory patches? They should have a proper loudness and line levels should be at a correct volume. If you're using custom patches, those may have VCA/VCF levels or filter sliders turned down.

To my knowledge Spektro is still working on that. I don't know the ETA. Meanwhile I made a Windows-only editor you can try out.
Pando
Panason wrote:
So what do you do if your DD arrives with issues? Does "Black Corporation" accept returns and who pays the insured shipping back to Japan ? Will carriers even insure such a high value item?

BC has factory warranty on all prebuilt units (not on DIY). Contact support, last I know they handle shipping for warranty-related issues.
Pando
dubchild wrote:
Got a V.1 DD. How do I update the firmware?
The info on the website is vague at best.

NOTE: Use a Windows PC (important! Macs leave residual files that interfere with the firmware upgrade)

1. Power off, connect USB, then power on while holding Shift button on the panel, USB symbol shows, and your PC should open a USB drive

2. As a precaution, make a backup by copying the 2 user bank files from the USB drive and save them to your computer.

3. Using Windows explorer, copy the new firmware BIN file (last ver 1.2.5) to the USB drive.

4. Power off, remove USB cable, then power on again. The DD will show upgrade process and it will flash the new firmware.

If you have problems, join the Deckard's Dream Users Group on Facebook where help is available nearly instantaneously.
Panason
I don't have a DD, was just curious. I would only buy from a shop in the country where I live.

On a Mac there are various ways to show invisible files so you can delete those junk files that MacOS leaves behind on FAT formatted USB drives... I use Path Finder which is basically what the Finder should have been.
You have to actually delete the files -not put them in the trash- and then immediately eject the USB drive.

There may even be some free utilities specifically for this purpose, which can be found on Macupdate.com
dubchild
^
Thank you both!
Mac user here, but one of my kids has a PC laptop that I borrow from time to time to update synths and gear.
witchbutter
Panason wrote:
On a Mac there are various ways to show invisible files so you can delete those junk files that MacOS leaves behind on FAT formatted USB drives...

I use MacPaw CleanMyDrive, you can quickly dump the junk and then eject in the same interface.
sduck
The one I've found easiest to use on my mac is Eject for Windows - http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/decafish/EjectForWindows/EjectForWindow sE.html

Just throw a shortcut to it in the dock, then drag the icon of your usb drive to it when you want to eject it without all the mac crud.
iguano
Regarding warranty etc - I have a prebuilt and having some screen issues. They are working on a software patch for it but also willing to ship it back to them, fix it and ship it back to me all at their cost.
iguano
sduck wrote:
The one I've found easiest to use on my mac is Eject for Windows - http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/decafish/EjectForWindows/EjectForWindow sE.html

Just throw a shortcut to it in the dock, then drag the icon of your usb drive to it when you want to eject it without all the mac crud.

Very interesting. Did you recently acquire this? I've tried downloading it on their website but the file can't be found. Would like to try this out.
Panason
I used Hidden Cleaner for this job

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/27416/hidden-cleaner

of course you can do it all with a few Terminal commands but a typo error there can cause serious damage.
sduck
iguano wrote:
sduck wrote:

Very interesting. Did you recently acquire this? I've tried downloading it on their website but the file can't be found. Would like to try this out.

I've had it for a while, and yes, the download link seems to be broken at the moment. I've sent an email to them about that, maybe it'll get fixed. There are probably other aggregate sites that also have it - not sure if I'd trust them though.
sduck
Here's the download link he/she sent me to use for Eject for Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlsarvd3dqoi5eu/Eject%20for%20Windows.zip?dl =0
Artsy Moods
Did anyone made some demo of the DD with it's Expander yet? Cant find anything on the net...
ualslosar
I don't believe the Expander's been released yet, hopefully it will be soon. I've not seen any demos either, but I ordered one anyway.

- How do you get the BladeRunner sound out of the DDRM? Which preset do you start with?

Thanks
Larry
Artsy Moods
BTW, sorry for this newb question but I cant find any answer yet:

Did the CS80 had the Ring modulator at the end of the signal path, and was it only one ring modulator applied to the whole resulting signal?

I mean, was there anything related to the ring modulator section on each voices boards or was it a final fx at the end, hence my other question: will this expansion unit for the Deckards Dream be able to really reproduced the same kind of effects done this way?

Thanks for your help!
Pando
ualslosar wrote:
- How do you get the BladeRunner sound out of the DDRM? Which preset do you start with?

Two plain sawtooth waveforms just very slightly detuned (if any), no resonance or high pass filter, with a low pass filter set so that aftertouch will open the filter when keys are pressed down. It's a simple patch, the key to make it realistic is really in the performance.

I replicated the Blade Runner sound by repeating the same notes using Deckard's Dream over the original soundtrack. You can listen to it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUGIxaQsXjY
Pando
Artsy Moods wrote:
Did the CS80 had the Ring modulator at the end of the signal path, and was it only one ring modulator applied to the whole resulting signal?

Yes.

Artsy Moods wrote:
I mean, was there anything related to the ring modulator section on each voices boards or was it a final fx at the end, hence my other question: will this expansion unit for the Deckards Dream be able to really reproduced the same kind of effects done this way?

And yes.

The CS-80 ring mod sits immediately at the point in the audio path where all voices are mixed together. It then goes into a WAH circuit (foot pedal filter control) and then to the effects section (chorus and tremolo) before being sent to the output.

In the CS-80, the envelope of the ring mod is triggered when any keyboard key is pressed and is held active until the last one is released.

The expander is working the same way by using the MIDI note on/off information to trigger and hold the ring mod envelope until the last MIDI note off is received.

I played around with the final version of the expander at Synthposium last month. It does sound very close to the CS-80 ring mod. There are also more ADSR controls now available for the expander's ring mod than was available in CS-80.

The only known demo of the ring mod is at Black Corp's Instagram page, although this is before the expander's front panel got redesigned:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkc0N4LAIdb/
Artsy Moods
Pando wrote:
Artsy Moods wrote:

Yes.

Artsy Moods wrote:

And yes.

The CS-80 ring mod sits immediately at the point in the audio path where all voices are mixed together. It then goes into a WAH circuit (foot pedal filter control) and then to the effects section (chorus and tremolo) before being sent to the output.

In the CS-80, the envelope of the ring mod is triggered when any keyboard key is pressed and is held active until the last one is released.

The expander is working the same way by using the MIDI note on/off information to trigger and hold the ring mod envelope until the last MIDI note off is received.

I played around with the final version of the expander at Synthposium last month. It does sound very close to the CS-80 ring mod. There are also more ADSR controls now available for the expander's ring mod than was available in CS-80.

The only known demo of the ring mod is at Black Corp's Instagram page, although this is before the expander's front panel got redesigned:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkc0N4LAIdb/

Thank you soooo much for the clear and complet answer, really helpful!!!
I think this expander will be my next purchase...
nadafarms
Had a chance to dig into my deckards finally,

Can you turn off the sub oscillator? Seems like it’s always on the second voice even if I turn off the waveforms

I’m a little underwhelmed with the modulation, like can’t fm the oscillators?

Love the synth though!
sduck
nadafarms wrote:

Can you turn off the sub oscillator? Seems like it’s always on the second voice even if I turn off the waveforms

There's a sine wave fader over in the VCA section - perhaps that's what you mean by sub oscillator?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Page 30 of 32