MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Deckard's Dream
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Author Deckard's Dream
ualslosar
Is there any recent news on the progress of the Expander, please? Should be out soon, no?

Thanks
Larry
nadafarms
sduck wrote:
nadafarms wrote:

Can you turn off the sub oscillator? Seems like it’s always on the second voice even if I turn off the waveforms

There's a sine wave fader over in the VCA section - perhaps that's what you mean by sub oscillator?

thanks, and i feel dumb haha.

so noticing that the there is definitely some bleed from voice II when i put the mix to voice I, but no bleed from voice I when put the mix slider to voice II, is that normal? I don't really care but seems odd, this synth is all about gooey sounds anyways

I'm a little confused about the envelope situation, what is envelope amount? VCF Level is the amount of VCF Volume in the mixer right? What is envelope amount? IL AL?

Wish the LFO was a tad slower and faster hmmm.....

I feel like I have to move the sliders a couple times up and down in order to get it to active the function, am I wrong?

Is there a manual?

This is my favorite synth of all time right now, have owned most vintage synths and this is my jam SlayerBadger!
iguano
No manual at the moment. I'm in the facebook group and there's a lot of resources on there including some who have worked on the design of it. Some people have pointed to old CS-80 manuals as being a good source of information. Apparently a manual is coming but no timeframe on that.
ualslosar
- What's the latest word on the Expander, please? (are any shipping, yet?)

Thanks
Larry
sduck
We're all still waiting. Follow the dark corporation on facebook and/or instagram and you'll know as soon as the rest of us.
nadafarms
Is there unison mode? How to do I access it?

God it’s frustrating there is no manual
sduck
A manual is being written it seems - someone posted a preliminary version of it on the facebook group. Attached. Don't take it for gospel, a lot of work still needs to be done.
synthpriest
Following this thread, greatly interested in the DDRM. hyper
donato
The posted manual is about 80% done and quite a bit more thorough than I anticipated. Joining the Facebook group is a must. Took a big chance with this one, but so far it’s my favorite polysynth I’ve ever owned/played.
GavRL
Just ordered a Deckards prebuilt and a Roli Seaboard Block. Sold a whole tonne of stuff to buy it, some of which was a real wrench... but my god I’m excited
locust_locust
GavRL wrote:
Just ordered a Deckards prebuilt and a Roli Seaboard Block. Sold a whole tonne of stuff to buy it, some of which was a real wrench... but my god I’m excited

You can always buy another Jazzmaster. :)
witchbutter
Is anyone mounting their DD at a diagonal? I don't really like having it in a standard rack case. Suggestions?
SOPiiAC
I have mine racked in a rolling mixer stand at an angle. Great to work with from a seated position.
sduck
The tiny screen is nearly invisible when it's vertical, unless you're on eye level with it. So yes, mounting it at an angle is a great idea. Mine has been sitting on a chair, with the front propped up on a box to get an angle for the last few weeks.
exwel
I posted this post also on Gearslutz.

Sorry for my english.
I am a Hard EDM producer from Holland.

I owned a CS60 for 10 years, maintence and tuning was a terrible of my machine.
Sold it because it didn't had midi and it was a money pit for my but i loved the sound and i loved the Ringmod what i missed on the original Deckard's Dream.

I got mine DD with the Expander (all pre build) had a problem with the midi card of the DD.
Bob of Black corparation was very nice to me and the communication was perfect. He helped me with a lot of patience. he send me a new midi card and i installed the card in just 2 minutes (6 screws frontpanel, 2 connectors, and 2 connections of the jackplug, no soldering or what so ever) Everything works now perfect.
I was impressed how the machine looked inside, very clean and well constructed.

The sound of the Ringmod in combination with speed depth and ADSR. is to my ears very good sounding and brings the DD to the next level what i allready hoped. Chores is not special and simpel yet usable. Delay is nice and Reverb is also good enough.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvHGeKUgm_N/
cl516
delete
Karl_Joseph
Can you just plug in a Roli Seaboard MPE controller directly in to use the MPE functionality?
Birth_Chord
Hmmm, looks like it can be had for around $3,000... Really tempting...
witchbutter
Can anyone explain in short what the difference is between revision 1 and 2?
ultravox
witchbutter wrote:
Can anyone explain in short what the difference is between revision 1 and 2?

I believe rev 2 was redesigned with less components on the voice boards and the PSU was redesigned.

I have a rev 1 and the photos of the rev 2 seem to bear this out.

Sonically they're supposed to be the same.
ndf
Does anyone know or have access to the information on the Deckard's Dream MIDI implementation?

I have seen a controller message list posted somewhere, but that does not seem to be a complete listing confused For example: How to flip in and out of panel mode? How to load or save an entire patch?

Is there even a manual?
seychmar
Absolutely unbelievable that something as expensive as this doesn’t have a manual and full MIDI implementation notes.
Panason
I was thinking that until I understood a bit more about the hardware scene.
Why bother when people are going to pre-order and buy the thing anyway? Black haven't provided documentation because it is not necessary in order to sell the synth. For every person that says Nah, there is at least another that says Yeah!
ndf
Panason wrote:
Why bother when people are going to pre-order and buy the thing anyway?

This is the saddest thing I've seen in a long time. Sorry for your loss.
Panason
It's OK , thanks. The funeral was yesterday.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Page 31 of 32