MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What amps are you using for your synths?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author What amps are you using for your synths?
abandonist
If I missed the topic, I apologize, but I couldn't find one.

How are you hearing your synths? Monitors? Bass/guitar amp? Singing Bowl?

I'm curious what other folks are using.

My setup is bi-amped:
Orange Bass Terror, SWR 8x8, Bag End Infra 1x18
Orange AD30R 2x12 Combo

The AD30 isn't ideal since it colors the sound hugely at volume, but it has a nice character - and makes everything louder. smile

So, what'cha got?
rjungemann
Fishman Loudbox Mini. It's an amp meant for acoustic guitar and vocals, but it doesn't color the sound and it's got an onboard EQ, chorus, and reverb. I got it for playing small shows and not for synths but it's worked well.

I'd like to try a Roland Jazz Chorus for synths sometime too.

I bet the Orange amps would be fun to mic up and record synths through!
Just me
Pair of Peavey Combo 300 amps and a box of mids and tweets tied into the built in crossovers.
StringEmil
Has anyone by any chance run their modular through a Kemper Profiling Amp?

I think my next big guitar gear purchase will be a Kemper, and it would be awesome to colour my modular sound in different ways with it!
Tronman
Onkyo TX-8511 powering a pair of JBL 4311's.
hairychris
Desk & monitors at home, straight into the desk & PA at rehearsal studio.

I have run an ABY into my bass rig but I'm not sure that it does the cab much good.

Bass rig is Gallien Kreuger MB800 into a Barefaced 1x15. 500w @ 8 ohms, I can lift it all with one finger. Mr. Green
smetak
A pair of ZT jr via an Allen & Heath mixer.
Parmesan
For noodling I'm using Yamaha THR-C (flat mode) and it is ok, but for the recording or some more concentrated playing I like synths through the monitors/monitor headphones more.
p.j.
smetak wrote:

I use the ZT Lunchbox. Great amps for synths and bass.
smetak
p.j. wrote:
smetak wrote:

I use the ZT Lunchbox. Great amps for synths and bass.

I also have the Lunchbox with the cab - nice practice amp and with a headphone jack, which always comes handy. Though, I must admit, that I never quite understood the "200 watts" of power - kind of a joke - I don't think you can get even 20watts out of it. I have a 20 watt all tube amp and there's no comparison with the Lunchbox - it just blows away the ZT.....
abandonist
My partner and I tried a new setup over the weekend and decided to crank the amps to see how it sounded. I haven't had a chance before then to really pump it up with the Prophet 6, and DAMN!
fuzzonaut
Dynacord Eminent II and a pair of old Peavey SP2 PA Speakers (BW).
Raven_Martin
Straight into a MOTU 828mkii, using the pre-amps for quieter synths if needed. Then straight out to active Adam A7Xs. Lovely clear tones.
nosamiam
When I'm recording, I run into a Presonus interface to Yamaha MPS5 monitors with a Presonus Temblor 10 sub.

For gigging, if I'm just playing synths I use a Traynor K4. If I'm splitting my set between bass and keys, I just use my bass amp: a Fender Bassman 500HD head and either a Carvin 1x18 cab or a Sunn 6x10 (loaded w/OEM Ampeg drivers)
MindMachine
Ampeg VT22 w/ Sunn 18" PA cabinet.

Acoustic B15.

Fender Frontman 25R (x2).

They sound much better than my Event monitors. But I also need to wear ear filters these days when I rage.
controlFreak
tube guitar amps... lots of color added.

can't currently do anything with bass though.

have a crate PA amp in the basement but its better to just not use it. ever.
VinceL
I run my modular and other synths through Motion-Sound Amps

keyofnight
Fairly strange setup.

1965 Blackface Fender Pro Reverb. The Pro Reverb has a sweet, sparkly, clean sound to it. It also has a lovely spring reverb unit in it and a simple tremolo circuit. It is a 2x12 combo, but I don't use the built in speakers. Instead, I have it running into a Bill Fitzmaurice Jack 210 cabinet I had built for me by Leeland Crooks (of speakerhardware.com). It's a horn-loaded 2x10 cabinet made to have a more flat response with louder output than traditional bass cabinets. I have it loaded with Eminence Basslite S2010s.

Dead Banana Dead Banana
seamonkeyman
I use an old Fender Bassman 135 tube amp head, it seems to handle the lows, out into a huge 2x15 cab. It's loud...
JohnLRice
VinceL wrote:
I run my modular and other synths through Motion-Sound Amps

Drunken Homer Simpson
keyofnight
seamonkeyman wrote:
I use an old Fender Bassman 135 tube amp head, it seems to handle the lows, out into a huge 2x15 cab. It's loud...

Wow. My dream setup. eek!
mt3
Shadow Hills guy likes a Supro.
durwin
Roland JC-77 has been great - anything solid state really. Can also take a buffered split at the end of the chain and send that to FOH, then link to whatever amp for colour and drive, that way you have the best of both worlds. we're not worthy
wsy
At home: Roland KC-60 (40 watt 10" + piezo)

Out on battery: Crate 50 Limo. Actually it sounds about as good as the Roland, and has onboard effects.

- Bill
bassmeng13
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2