MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

More extortion courtesy of ToneHouse Studios on evilbay
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author More extortion courtesy of ToneHouse Studios on evilbay
Crowyote
Tonehouse studios . . . the entities behind notorious price jumps on rare gear have just displayed their latest vulgar acquistion.

what a steal!!!
Kujo
lol..
metasonix
And if WE charged that much the company inbox would be swamped with hate mail and pathetic complaints. Had plenty of those when they were still being made, thank you.

If we did make something similar again there's a bunch of features I'd leave off. Because no one ever used them. But they did complain about them. "I don't understand the pulser, I don't understand the VCO, why did you put those jacks for the switching, why is it so big, it won't fit on my pedalboard, can I run it on a 9v battery, it sounds broken" etc etc.

We cemented the manual inside the lid of the early ones so they couldn't lose or ignore it, and people would yank it out and discard it (because it "got in the way").

Sorry I didn't make magic in a Malekko-sized pedal. Metasonix is not gonna do that because TUBEZ. (Repeating myself, aren't I? dammit. Memory's going.)
Kujo
New Metasonix slogan : It still sounds broken.
An evolution from your music still sucks...

(Do you have any "Your Music Still Sucks" stickers? Mr. Green )
otolathe
It really does take many years, after you buy one of these, to figure out what you've got. very frustrating SlayerBadger!
Crowyote
It's an amazing unit. Personally I never used the VCO. I loved the combination of pulser, comb filter and Ring Modulator.

I tried the F-2 and while I like the filter which has a similar quality overall, it didn't have the same sweep range or "impact" on the audio source as any of the Assblasters I owned nor did I care much for the distortion or popping sounds it produced. I'm glad I experienced it's sound for some ambient compositions, but I'm pretty happy with the Dreadbox Lambda module as a substitute for the intense sweep sound (the Bandpass 8-pole sound is so similar in tone and sweep range to the original Assblaster), but I really miss the pulser and ring modulator effects both of which I loved about the Assblaster.

Suppose I will buy one again if I win the lottery, but extortion is extortion Tonehouse is screwing up the used market. Some A-hole bought a D-1000 from them for $2500 a while back.
kwaidan
Are these vintage cables (each is 3 Ft. to 5 Ft. long)?

Yes Powder
Anyone notice that they're also selling a gold Klon Centaur for $2600? Like I'm pretty out-of-the-loop on effects pedals, but do they normally go for even half that these days?

It's funny how the price of the Assblaster makes me sad, but I find the price of the Klon hilarious.
metasonix
NEVER, EVER buy used patch or instrument cables, no matter how "quality" they are claimed to be. Cables from a commercial studio especially--chances are better than 90% that a substantial percentage of them are bad or intermittent.

These "Tonehouse" people are freaks. Somehow they've developed an underground eBay "fan following" and are selling to those people only. I'll never understand the darker parts of human psychology I guess.
bcomnes
hmmm... no wonder he wanted that unit so bad, I was happy to sell it to him on ebay for $1280 a couple of weeks ago....I had my fun with it but was not using it much so it was time to go ...even made a few bucks on it myself.....I wonder if he'll get his $3299...that's a lot of green for a unique sound with narrow application...btw that unit really is in great shape and the graphics are the best in town....
Crowyote
bcomnes wrote:
hmmm... no wonder he wanted that unit so bad, I was happy to sell it to him on ebay for $1280 a couple of weeks ago....I had my fun with it but was not using it much so it was time to go ...even made a few bucks on it myself.....I wonder if he'll get his $3299...that's a lot of green for a unique sound with narrow application...btw that unit really is in great shape and the graphics are the best in town....

Wow $2000+ plus markup. Tonehouse is truly vile.

I wonder if someone is that desperate. If I win the powerball, I'll buy it and relist it for $7,500 just to piss them off.
Paranormal Patroler
Crowyote wrote:
I wonder if someone is that desperate. If I win the powerball, I'll buy it and relist it for $7,500 just to piss them off.

After paying them $3300? I don't think they'll be that pissed. hihi
askthedust
He offered me 500$ for my custom TM-500 preamp w00t
Not related, but I decided to keep it.
Yes Powder
askthedust wrote:
He offered me 500$ for my custom TM-500 preamp w00t
Not related, but I decided to keep it.

$500 for a one-of-a-kind Metasonix unit— its parent unit costing nearly $500 while it was still in production? I would have simply taken a shit in an empty box and mailed it to them for that offer.
Steelshank
I sold them a D-1000 a while back. He contacted me after receiving it, saying it wasn't working correctly. d'oh! I told him it was, and then he proceeded to double the price and sell. Dead Banana Fuck that dude!
kwaidan
metasonix wrote:
NEVER, EVER buy used patch or instrument cables, no matter how "quality" they are claimed to be. Cables from a commercial studio especially--chances are better than 90% that a substantial percentage of them are bad or intermittent.

These "Tonehouse" people are freaks. Somehow they've developed an underground eBay "fan following" and are selling to those people only. I'll never understand the darker parts of human psychology I guess.

I was being sarcastic. Those Hosa cables go for around $6.00 to $7.00 new, depending on length. Are people that stupid or are they sheltering drug money?
Yes Powder
kwaidan wrote:
sheltering drug money?

Crowyote
Do you think they were able to stuff a QP of Swazi Gold in there?

Damn mighta been worth it! It's gone now.
bcomnes
Hey I just looked it up, it actually sold for $2999....

I mean it was a fun pedal and all but damn!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1