MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Author Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout
ALM
New Pam is finally here !

‘Pamela’s NEW Workout’ is a compact programmable clocked modulation source for your Eurorack modular synthesiser system. It provides 8 highly editable outputs producing various control voltage signals correlated and synced to a BPM based master clock.

Building on the original ’Pamela’s Workout’, this new evolved model maintains the original’s form factor and intuitive workflow but greatly improves on and adds many new features with upgraded hardware, a new OLED display and rewritten software.

Each output is now able to provide not just clocked triggers but also rhythmic waveforms with many parameters controllable directly and via assigning to external CV control. Pamela has grown beyond a clever clock and now provides almost limitless synced modulation possibilities.

Improvements have been made to overall clock stability and integration with external clocks and devices. Also new are dedicated MIDI and Din Sync clock outputs available via optional expander modules.

Features

- BPM based clock with tempo rates 10-300BPM.
- 8 Clocked voltage outputs each with independent adjustable;
+ Clock divisors and multipliers from /512 to x48 including various non integer factors.
+ Gated, Triangle, Sine, Envelope & random base waveforms.
+ Waveform level and pulse width / skewing.
+ Phase, Delay and delay division (for complex swing)
+ Euclidean and random step skipping with beat based looping for rhythm creation
- All output parameters assignable to x2 CV inputs with individual software offset, attenuation and monitoring.
- Per output and group saving and loading to 200 banks.
- Voltage and direct control of clock stop/start, reset and rate..
- Sync to an external clock input at 48 to 1 PPQN.
- Realtime intuitive user interface with high resolution LED display.
- Provides dedicated DIN Sync and MIDI clock output via optional expander(s).
- Easy firmware upgrades via USB port.
- Unlikely to actually improve aerobic fitness.

For more info visit - busycircuits.com/alm017

Also the Pamela Manual covers all features in detail.

Retail pricing looking like ~ $275 / £230

==

There are also two optional expander modules now available - PEXP-1 & PEXP-2. Both offer additional dedicated fixed clocked outputs (inc MIDI Clock out).

PEXP-1 Features:

- 4HP
- Din socketed Din Sync and MIDI Clock dedicated outputs.
- 4 extra buffered fixed gate outputs – x1, x2, x4 & /4

PEXP-2 Features:

- 2HP
- 3.5mm jack socketed MIDI Clock output
- MIDI wiring orientation switchable (for differing 3.5mm wiring setups)
- Buffered x24 & run jack outputs

Neither of the expanders will work with the original Pamela!

For more info visit - busycircuits.com/alm017-ex

Retail pricing looking like ~ PEXP1 $115 / PEXP2 75$ (UK pricing tbc)

Also the Pamela Manual covers the expanders.

Beginning to ship to stores TODAY.

Please check the ALM Instagram and Twitter (links below) for more demo vids and the like.
strange tales
Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, what's the price on this new version?

Quote:
Unlikely to actually improve aerobic fitness.

waah
ALM
Sorry - updated now with pricing!
davide3737
ALM wrote:
New Pam is finally here !

Excellent!

Has the digital noise problem with the original Pamela been resolved?

When will it be shipping to distributors?
exper
ALM wrote:

Glad to see this out. The good thing is that it does so much more that it wouldn't be a bad idea to hang on to your original PW and add the new one.
noisejockey
Wow. Really nice job, ALM. Your ideas for improvements and expansion make total sense.

Even more excited once I read the manual! Built-in attenuation of the waveforms, banks of saved settings, external modulation of the internal modulators, mini USB updating of firmare...makes just want to hug y'all. I can't believe it's no bigger than the original.

Hats off to you.

thumbs up
strange tales
exper wrote:
ALM wrote:

Glad to see this out. The good thing is that it does so much more that it wouldn't be a bad idea to hang on to your original PW and add the new one.

Definitely intend on doing this. Leaving original Pam for clocks and divisions and going wild with this thing. It's awesome you can self patch the clocked waveforms into the CV inputs on the new Pam.
ALM
davide3737 wrote:

The hardware is completely different.

As well as local testing, there was an initial early run of 10 units for Beta testers with testing across a wide range of supplies with no reported noise (or other) issues.

davide3737 wrote:

Beginning to ship to stores TODAY! (will update post)
noisejockey
strange tales wrote:
exper wrote:
ALM wrote:

Definitely intend on doing this. Leaving original Pam for clocks and divisions and going wild with this thing. It's awesome you can self patch the clocked waveforms into the CV inputs on the new Pam.

Someone's gotta try some self-patched audio rate basslines with this thing. :-)
davide3737
ALM wrote:
davide3737 wrote:

The hardware is completely different.

As well as local testing, there was an initial early run of 10 units for Beta testers with testing across a wide range of supplies with no reported noise (or other) issues.

davide3737 wrote:

Beginning to ship to stores TODAY! (will update post)

Terrific +2!
bwhittington
How well does the MIDI clock out on the PEXP-1 follow tempo changes from the clock input? I would be completely enthralled by a video illustrating this feature.
ALM
bwhittington wrote:
How well does the MIDI clock out on the PEXP-1 follow tempo changes from the clock input? I would be completely enthralled by a video illustrating this feature.

See https://vimeo.com/204926725
evs
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Paranormal Patroler
Does this contain more clock divisors and multipliers than the original Pam? Says something about non integer options ...
propertyof
phase!! now i know which clock module that i want! w00t

anyway is it still made in england?
curious since it didn't state it like other ALM modules.
ALM
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Does this contain more clock divisors and multipliers than the original Pam? Says something about non integer options ...

Should be all the originals included.

New ones include /5.3, /2.6, /1.5, x1.3, x1.5, x2.6, x5.3

There is also a /512 divider (cant remember if original pam went that low) and a x48
ALM
propertyof wrote:

anyway is it still made in england?

Yes! I will add.
Battagiovi
WAAAAANT IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAADDDDDD!!!!!!!

Dead Banana
nimmen
noisejockey wrote:
strange tales wrote:
exper wrote:
ALM wrote:

Someone's gotta try some self-patched audio rate basslines with this thing. :-)

Guinness ftw! that sounds like side effect towards "improved aerobic fitness."
tebs213
This looks really impressive. Very excited for some demo videos. I'm trying to be strict about keeping my system a certain size for now and this might really open things up! Thinking about this with a quantizer would be a lot of fun in particular.
Paranormal Patroler
I really appreciate that you made the Pexp-2 to work with both Arturia and Korg. This TRS-to-MIDI standardization has been a pain in the ass for me, I'm writing an article about it hoping to get all Eurorack manufacturers to adhere to one standard. It's nice to see that you took the clever way out, thank you for that.
bobbcorr
Pexp-1 added to Modulargrid. Please review and edit as necessary, thx.
bobbcorr
Can you see a scenario in which you would need BOTH Pexp-1 and Pexp-2?
wonkychris
This looks like a huge improvement, with the Euclidean or division/multiply options and modulation. Extra straight clock out expanders also a big win.

I sold my old one as I couldn't get it to sync right to a clock (specifically an much tanzbar but I also tried a few others). Guess that's sorted now.

It's great having midi clock out but would be really awesome if that could also be used as midi clock in. Any chance?
Paranormal Patroler
Manual and site disagree on the Expanders' requirements on power. Site says Pexp-1 needs 15mA and Pexp-2 needs 25mA and manual says the opposite. Also, page 7 of the manual, first paragraph has "before before". Sorry, I write manuals for a living these days. I found a couple of other small mistakes, ALM let me know if interested.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Page 1 of 52