MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next [all]
Author Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout
sutekina bipu-on
lohacker wrote:

I've sold TU and kept PNW just for space reasons but I agree that LFSR and trigger sequencer are missing the most, also iirc TU has stronger voltages outs than Pams

Hey thanks for this. I have a uTemps so its 8hp either way. Hmm, gaining cv attenuation/offset seems really cool and if i have a separate trig sequencer then i get the additional bonus of waveforms from Pam.

May just have to get a Pam and try it out Mr. Green I can't really imagine if i'd use the waveforms or cv functions that much until i try it.
Rafi
There is a post or vid that shows the front panel of Pam removed and a plastic film taken off of the OLED screen for better visibility. Does anyone have a link or info on this? hmmm.....
Zymos
I just asked him, there's not much to it.
" Pull off the knob, unscrew the rings from around the jacks and encoder shaft, lift off the front panel, and the display will literally fall out - it's in there loose. I left the hole open, but one could get some transparency film and cover the hole if they're afraid they'll accidentally poke the display etc. "
ALM
Zymos wrote:
I just asked him, there's not much to it.
" Pull off the knob, unscrew the rings from around the jacks and encoder shaft, lift off the front panel, and the display will literally fall out - it's in there loose. I left the hole open, but one could get some transparency film and cover the hole if they're afraid they'll accidentally poke the display etc. "

Please please please DONT attempt this and risk damaging the unit and voiding your warranty. The display is very fragile and can be easily damaged when disassembling the unit. Leaving the display exposed or with a cover other than that supplied is also likely to cause issues.
Whatisvalis
Any one have issues with the encoder pot? I just got a new Pam and scanning to the left is smooth - however when i turn right sometimes it does not register the turn - especially when scrolling fast - so the menu location does not change.
depaffect
Whatisvalis wrote:
Any one have issues with the encoder pot? I just got a new Pam and scanning to the left is smooth - however when i turn right sometimes it does not register the turn - especially when scrolling fast - so the menu location does not change.

doesn't happen to me!
Whatisvalis
depaffect wrote:
Whatisvalis wrote:

doesn't happen to me!

OK - looks like I need a replacement.
aroom
I had an issue with my pot as well, it was skipping steps. I replaced the unit and it was working better.
tdallas
Hi there!

I've observed a little issue while wiggle with the channel parameters. After changing one parameter to CV1 or CV2, every other entered parameter afterwards is directly set to the previously choosen CV. For example:

# Set 'Offset' of a channel of your choice to 'CV1'
# Now switch to parameter 'Width' and enter to modify it
# Boom ... the already existing parameter is directly relaced with 'CV1'

It's not a big deal, but I wonder if someone else also experience this?

Sorry if this question was already asked, I couldn't find anything (Muff Wiggler newbie here It's peanut butter jelly time! ).

Thanks in advance!
ALM
tdallas wrote:

Sorry if this question was already asked, I couldn't find anything (Muff Wiggler newbie here It's peanut butter jelly time! ).

Yep known niggle sorry... not managed to free up enough space to fix it. Fortunately just a minor wierd annoyance that anything serious.
tdallas
ALM wrote:

Yep known niggle sorry... not managed to free up enough space to fix it. Fortunately just a minor wierd annoyance that anything serious.

Thanks for the fast response! thumbs up Yes, not a big deal on my side. I was just a little confused.
Southfork
Am I the only one that would buy a 1u (intellijel format preferably) version of PNW? Dunno just feels like it would work well in 1u format.
Crimesofthecrown
Southfork wrote:
Am I the only one that would buy a 1u (intellijel format preferably) version of PNW? Dunno just feels like it would work well in 1u format.

I certainly would for an Intellijel format one.
DJMaytag
ALM wrote:
bwhittington wrote:
How well does the MIDI clock out on the PEXP-1 follow tempo changes from the clock input? I would be completely enthralled by a video illustrating this feature.

See https://vimeo.com/204926725

Sorry I’m 2 years late on this, but this seems important: is there a 1-bar delay on the synchronization, or one hell of an audio delay? The audio in this video doesn’t seem to start at the same time you pressed play.
MossGarden
Crimesofthecrown wrote:
Southfork wrote:

I certainly would for an Intellijel format one.

I would LOVE an Intellijel 1U version, with the expaders integrated. It would be an instabuy
shellfritsch
Bobbyr77 wrote:
I have checked through this (very long) thread and the user manual and cant seem to find any reference to a problem I have been having

I want to use PNW for rhythmic loops to trigger drum modules etc using rskip and loop, and use external CV to set the loop length. This works as expected, I can get a recurring 8 step loop. However I expected that when I set the loop length to 0 (send 0v to CV1 in) and then back up to 8 steps (using Maths Ch2 for example) that I would get a new loop, but I don't. Its the same if I use the stepped random - I end up with the same loop. Yes I can change the length of the loop but not get it to 'reseed' (correct terminology?) at 0.

Is this normal behaviour? user error? is there a way that I can get a new loop using external CV or will this only work if I manually set to 0 and then up again to 8 in the module?

Thanks in advance

Any luck resolving this issue? I’m having the same problem...
hinterlands303
DJMaytag wrote:
ALM wrote:
bwhittington wrote:
How well does the MIDI clock out on the PEXP-1 follow tempo changes from the clock input? I would be completely enthralled by a video illustrating this feature.

Sorry I’m 2 years late on this, but this seems important: is there a 1-bar delay on the synchronization, or one hell of an audio delay? The audio in this video doesn’t seem to start at the same time you pressed play.

Maybe a video issue on your end? When I watch it starts right on time. Vimeo can be weird sometimes.
hinterlands303
On another note - how are people finding the Pexp-2? Is the sync solid over midi? The extra 24ppqn clock and run signal would be useful for me as well but I would be most interested in clocking drum machines etc. It has oddly mediocre reviews on Modulargrid so I was wondering if there were any issues people were having?

I could get the Pexp-1 but the Pexp-2 would fit better in my case without shuffling too much around.
DJMaytag
hinterlands303 wrote:
DJMaytag wrote:
ALM wrote:
bwhittington wrote:

Maybe a video issue on your end? When I watch it starts right on time. Vimeo can be weird sometimes.

Definitely something weird with my phone going on. It was fine on the Vimeo app on my AppleTV.
DJMaytag
hinterlands303 wrote:
On another note - how are people finding the Pexp-2? Is the sync solid over midi? The extra 24ppqn clock and run signal would be useful for me as well but I would be most interested in clocking drum machines etc. It has oddly mediocre reviews on Modulargrid so I was wondering if there were any issues people were having?

I could get the Pexp-1 but the Pexp-2 would fit better in my case without shuffling too much around.

Is it not possible to use both expanders?
zerodivide
guys I haven't looked through all 56 pages so excuse me if I missed it but are there any cool ratcheting tricks using Pam's you could share? I've tried assigning one of the clocks to CV1 and passing different values but its hard to control this way
benofbrown
Is there a way to flip the screen upside down? I don't actually want to do this but I was jamming yesterday and noticed that it had flipped itself somehow. I can't find anything about it in the manual or searching in here. I ended up powering off my rack and turning it back on again and the display went back to normal.
MossGarden
zerodivide wrote:
guys I haven't looked through all 56 pages so excuse me if I missed it but are there any cool ratcheting tricks using Pam's you could share? I've tried assigning one of the clocks to CV1 and passing different values but its hard to control this way

What I sometimes do, is have a faster clock multiplier and use Rskip with a high % to remove most of the clocks, it then randomly allows bursts to happen in time with your clock. Obviously this is not predictable but it can provide a lot of dynamic events.
megarat
I hope I'm not asking a question with an obvious answer: is it possible to set Pam's tempo using a tap tempo approach, perhaps using the clock input?

I don't mean to have PAM sync to an external clock, but to provide a few (3-6) taps from a controller to set the tempo.
benofbrown
benofbrown wrote:
Is there a way to flip the screen upside down? I don't actually want to do this but I was jamming yesterday and noticed that it had flipped itself somehow. I can't find anything about it in the manual or searching in here. I ended up powering off my rack and turning it back on again and the display went back to normal.

I emailed ALM, and they've never heard of it happening before, so not a secret mode or anything. Hopefully it won't happen again, if it does I'll send them a picture of it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next [all]
Page 56 of 57