MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next [all]
Author Announcing ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout
skeller047
Just pulled trigger on pre-order. CONTROL gonna be bizzzzeeeee....
rikrak
propertyof wrote:
rikrak wrote:
Any idea where I can pre-order in the UK?

nickbaba wrote:
Ah OK, I see - yeah, me UK too

Can't find any UK pre-order... guess Matt will have them but he doesn't do pre's

Rubadub has it listed for pre-order. including the expander.
http://www.rubadub.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=pamela

Excellent - cheers!
digits
Detroit Modular has them for preorder too, they're also good people worth supporting!
hawkfuzz
Forgive my stupidity. This puts out syncable LFOs and random CV? Not just a pulse?
Vcoadsr

https://youtu.be/2w--qmhEqxE

A short ambient drone demo using only Pamela's New Workout for all CV duties/modulation. Using the Randon CV mode + the Loop mode (think Turing machine) for the reoccurring melody parts, Sine/triangle/saw LFOs for Akemie's Castle modulation & gates to the Taiko's.

I've been using a pair of these for the last 3 months during the beta testing and they have become the clock & modulation heart of my system. My guess is this will become as ubiquitous as Maths.

(NOTE: The Pamela's New Workout in this video is a prototype hence the custom red encoder knob - this will be blue for the commercial production runs.)
ugokcen
Great patch Vcoadsr! Nice to see Pamela in action.

There's also a nice video posted on the ALM website, but to be honest it doesn't really explain what the module does. Hopefully someone will post a review soon.

Now the million dollar question: does Tempi offer any advantages over the Pamela's New Workout? With ridiculous number of division/multiplication options, plus the lfos, euclidian rhythms, and that nice screen it seems to me that ALM has built the quintessential clock module. But I know that there are many people who swear by Tempi so I'm curious...
evs
ugokcen wrote:
Great patch Vcoadsr! Nice to see Pamela in action.

There's also a nice video posted on the ALM website, but to be honest it doesn't really explain what the module does. Hopefully someone will post a review soon.

Now the million dollar question: does Tempi offer any advantages over the Pamela's New Workout? With ridiculous number of division/multiplication options, plus the lfos, euclidian rhythms, and that nice screen it seems to me that ALM has built the quintessential clock module. But I know that there are many people who swear by Tempi so I'm curious...

i think they build the quintessential clock module.
however, the only downside is, that it can not be clocked from a very very slow clock. maybe the tempi can..(?)
like you have a maths running, as a very slow lfo, and you would like to use the eoc as the main clock.
this would be not possible with the pam, as it can not go lower than 10bpm...

i somethimes whish it would, but i can live with that.
Vcoadsr
evs wrote:

however, the only downside is, that it can not be clocked from a very very slow clock. maybe the tempi can..(?)
like you have a maths running, as a very slow lfo, and you would like to use the eoc as the main clock.

The clock goes down to 10 BPM but then you can have a division of /512 at 10 BPM which would give you 1.17 beats per hour if I did my sums correctly. Pretty slow.
Tumulishroomaroom
Ahah indeed ! Can't for for this to hit Modularsquare's shelves
evs
Vcoadsr wrote:
evs wrote:

The clock goes down to 10 BPM but then you can have a division of /512 at 10 BPM which would give you 1.17 beats per hour if I did my sums correctly. Pretty slow.

No, you did not understand, I was not talking about the outgoing clock.
But about the ingoing clock. It's a matter of how you patch. If you always start with Pam it's no problem, no matter how slow your stuff is. If you start with something different and want to derive clocks from there and you have slow music, you can not use Pam.
hawkfuzz
Tempi's clock settings are delegated by buttons so that's easier than programming...but I think that might be the only advantage. I'm debating the switch....
High Wolf
Just to make sure, is it possible to have one output sending regular trig, one output sending a lfo, one sending a euclidean pattern and one sending enveloppes? Meaning every output is completely independent (except for the tempo)?
Vcoadsr
High Wolf wrote:
Just to make sure, is it possible to have one output sending regular trig, one output sending a lfo, one sending a euclidean pattern and one sending enveloppes? Meaning every output is completely independent (except for the tempo)?

Yep, 8 independent channels completely configurable It's peanut butter jelly time!
High Wolf
Vcoadsr wrote:
High Wolf wrote:

Yep, 8 independent channels completely configurable It's peanut butter jelly time!

WOW...I really want NOT to want that as I've already have the old Pam but hard to resist!
nickbaba
RubaDub (UK) has them in stock today.
miles_macquarrie
Anybody keeping their old PAM while getting the new one as well?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to sell old for new or just add new. The original pam has always been the heartbeat clock device for me and they just upped the ante big time!
rustyjaw
I was about to order a multiway envelope generator, but I think the new Pam's will fill that need and more.

miles_macquarrie wrote:
Anybody keeping their old PAM while getting the new one as well?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to sell old for new or just add new. The original pam has always been the heartbeat clock device for me and they just upped the ante big time!

I can see keeping the original for clock mult/div duties. Also perhaps as a dedicated Euclidean sequencer, although I never upgraded the firmware on my original to allow this. I heard the firmware upgrade process can be a bit of a nightmare.
zolar_czakl
Vcoadsr wrote:
High Wolf wrote:

Hot damn I need this in my life SlayerBadger!
reflecto
Hopefully the clock input issues sorted out . I sold my mk1 because of that but would give this a try if it reports ok.
uebl
Wow, I was pretty set on getting something like a MN Tempi + XAOC Batumi for clocked modulation duties, but Pam's New Workout lets me seriously reconsider this. Some "menu diving" apart, what would you guys say are the disadvantaged of Pam's New Workout compared to said combination?
evs
uebl wrote:
Wow, I was pretty set on getting something like a MN Tempi + XAOC Batumi for clocked modulation duties, but Pam's New Workout lets me seriously reconsider this. Some "menu diving" apart, what would you guys say are the disadvantaged of Pam's New Workout compared to said combination?

what i said above.
in short: if you don´t want to use pam as a master clock and would like to have it synced to a very very slow clock: not possible. pam goes down to 10 bpm.
all clocks below this will not be accepted.
i see that this is for most people rarely the case.

about the menu diving: its super simple and the best menu you can imagine. i for instance hate menues. had the original pam, and it never was a problem. so intuitiv. and you don´t forget it, even after a long time of not using it..
pitri
Vcoadsr wrote:

https://youtu.be/2w--qmhEqxE

Where is that high pitch noise coming from thats constant all the way through? sounds like a LED hiss - hopefully not caused by the pams zombie
Vcoadsr
pitri wrote:

Where is that high pitch noise coming from thats constant all the way through? sounds like a LED hiss - hopefully not caused by the pams zombie

Hi Pitri,

I hadn't noticed it until I turned the volume right up!

It's 100% coming from the audio interface I was using (Audio Damage ODIO) that connects into my camera - it's categorically nothing to do with the modules in the video.

I double checked this morning and found that the constant high pitch tone is present on the ODIO when nothing is plugged into it - I use the ODIO for convenience when making these vids rather than having a second audio interface/mixer and on the whole it works fine for most things.
strange tales
Just preordered from Perfect Circuit. Now the waiting begins (and have an Akemie's Taiko coming with it as well) It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
rikrak
nickbaba wrote:
RubaDub (UK) has them in stock today.

Received mine from Rubadub this morning!

Racked it up but haven't had chance to play yet.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next [all]
Page 3 of 57