MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anybody using a Lorre-Mill Double Knot with their CL?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Anybody using a Lorre-Mill Double Knot with their CL?
deltaphoenix
I was thinking about picking up a Double Knot to go with my Coco. Seems like all should be good patching these 2 because they both use Positive CV only.

Also the manual states "Aspects of this instrument are inspired by techniques used in the designs of Rob Hordijk, Ciat-Lonbarde, and Serge synthesizers."

Should be good fun.
chrisdermo
Ive one incoming I plan to use with my tetrax. Smog is getting one too.
Will definitely report back when I have it but will be a couple of weeks.
deltaphoenix
Hey Chris,

Good to see you here. I already ordered one too. Mine should be here by this weekend.

-Dustin
smog
eyyy, ilf'ers This is fun!

my Double Knot arrived yesterday, its so good! got around to patching it with a Tetrax. They play perfectly together. Using a format jumbler to go from nana to 3.5mm the RED, BLUE, and ORANGE can all be used as clock for the Double Knot! Recorded a little demo, first barre RED out is clock. The other's are cross modulating, R2R and Envelopers into the main pitch/chaos. Sequencer Bits into the Glitch's of the other three oscillators that are patched together lows to high. I kept the clocking oscillator unpatched with the others because it was harder to show what was going on.

deltaphoenix
RAD. I look forward to having mine on Friday and having some fun this weekend. i will post some vids too.
horaflora
smog wrote:
eyyy, ilf'ers This is fun!

my Double Knot arrived yesterday, its so good! got around to patching it with a Tetrax. They play perfectly together. Using a format jumbler to go from nana to 3.5mm the RED, BLUE, and ORANGE can all be used as clock for the Double Knot! Recorded a little demo, first barre RED out is clock. The other's are cross modulating, R2R and Envelopers into the main pitch/chaos. Sequencer Bits into the Glitch's of the other three oscillators that are patched together lows to high. I kept the clocking oscillator unpatched with the others because it was harder to show what was going on.

Aren't there individual clock inputs for each shift register that you could patch directly into? Or does the master clock get normal led to those anyway?

Just got one myself and was having a bit of trouble syncing to PB, but my life is topsy turvy right now, so may have missed a trick in attempting this..
smog
deltaphoenix wrote:
RAD. I look forward to having mine on Friday and having some fun this weekend. i will post some vids too.

Nice! Looking forward your vids It's peanut butter jelly time!

horaflora wrote:

Aren't there individual clock inputs for each shift register that you could patch directly into? Or does the master clock get normal led to those anyway?

Just got one myself and was having a bit of trouble syncing to PB, but my life is topsy turvy right now, so may have missed a trick in attempting this..

Yeah, that was how I first patched it up. I grounded the Tetrax and DK together, then patched a RED output from the Tetrax into the Clock In. And it worked once I dialed in that oscillator just right. But when I started messing with the knobs/slider on the Tetrax, the Double Knot would just lose the clock and I would have to start over again pressing its buttons. Was kinda frustrating. Then thought to try patching through a jumbler into the 3.5mm clock input and no problems at all.

I tried patching an Orange from a rollz on my PB into the Double Knot individual clock inputs, also into the Data inputs with no problems. Maybe the Double Knot banana clock inputs are looking for a more square wave? I havn't tried it out with any other sources, yet.

I made another demo of using the Tetrax to clock the Double Knot. This time I patched all four Tetrax oscillators together with their glitch inputs, then patched all the press/release into various glitch inputs.
smog
Was playing around some more patching straight from the Tetrax Red to a Clock In and found it WILL work this way too.

Seems I was having trouble because initially I only tried patching from the outs of that shift register back to the Data In to get a loop going. Patched that way pressing the Lo-bit or Hi-bit buttons wasn't doing much of anything...just having all the bits Hi or stopping altogether.

Today I was able to get good results when I used a different source as the Data In. Triangle or Square outs from the "other half" of the Double Knot for instance. Pressing the lo/hi buttons is kinda interesting this way. Fun chaotic beats. When running through the jumbler/3.5mm clock input I can use any of the related step register outputs as Data In with no problem, and pressing the lo/hi buttons respond as expected.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1