MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doesn't respond to emails (personal experience)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Doesn't respond to emails (personal experience)
Paranormal Patroler
kevstah wrote:
If anyone is reading this I recommend that you do stay away from buying Harvestman modules, it's not worth the risk of them dying and having zero support service.

That's a bit harsh, innit?
hawkfuzz
I just sent one and was responded to immediately.

I make no claim to know what a person should do to run a business in this realm and nor should anyone else.

I'm not going to say, "I'll never be doing business with *insert* again." What's the point of the statement? I see it way too much in this realm. There's a difference between a business that has a customer support department and a business that is a few people doing everything. I understand frustration, but come on.
Infinity Curve
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
kevstah wrote:
If anyone is reading this I recommend that you do stay away from buying Harvestman modules, it's not worth the risk of them dying and having zero support service.

That's a bit harsh, innit?

Seriously!! I fried a brand new mk1 Bionic Lester plugging it in backwards, contacted Scott and he said no problem, send it back and I can probably fix it. He is STILL working on it, and from the sounds of it, he has had to replace a ton of stuff on it and trouble shooting galore. He could have just said sorry, this is beyond repair and I would have been fine with that, but the fact he is doing everything he can to get it working speaks volume to his commitment and customer service. This was not a defect, this was user stupidity, so he didn't have to do anything, especially on an out of production module.

They have been having email issues, it seems som people are getting through, others aren't. Not sure what the deal is. I get pretty much immediate responses from them with the new IME addresses.
mecanikill
Add me to the list of no responses for a second time. I do not believe for one second that none of my emails for the past 3 weeks are not getting there. I am at the end of my rope with this and last time it took a couple of months to get a response and who knows how long this time will take. Dead Banana
Infinity Curve
Ya, I'm not getting responses either at this point. Followed up a week or 2 ago to see if any progress on my repair, haven't gotten a response yet
guestt
Not excusing anything, but one man can only do so much... sad banana

When the support is there it's great, but when it's not, it really isn't there and it would seem that there are periodical lapses!

Super frustrating when all you want to do is get going again and part of your system is missing!

I want to be generous, and would help in any way possible, but not sure how? seriously, i just don't get it
Infinity Curve
I got a reply. I think he's just stupid busy right now and spread too thin. Several new modules in the pipeline, sounds like he's traveling a fair bit as well.

Not making excuses or anything, just saying. In all honesty, I love his modules, that ain't changing anytime soon. Could his customer service response time be better sometimes? Sure. In my situation I am still kind of amazed he's still working on it for me. Most people would have given up and said 'sorry, next time plug it in the right way'. That kind of thing goes a long way to keeping a customer like me happy. Every time I touch base I fully expect him to say he's done all he could but she ain't coming back, but he responds with all of things he has already done and the next things he will be trying. At this point, he's probably going to have rebuilt the entire thing. Who does that? For a user error problem even. On an out of production module he is about to release the mk2 of. That's customer service excellence to me!!
Orwell
I sent Scott a note of appreciation for his amazing and outstanding modules and he responded quickly.
He then answered all my questions quickly this week.

Here's what I wrote.

Hey, just dropping a note of appreciation.

Just letting you know I had an amazing night working with a full harvestman modular (every module) -

Haven't found a modular system like a buchla which I can just pick up and play thaT is logical and easy. No silly markings, just logic and access. And the sturdy knobs. And well, "The sound," revivals the Buchla system...

Everything made sense, accept once I had to look up the sustain option on the Andore manual, that's it!

Needless to say I'll be picking up the Honda, donut and andore.
Keep up the great work.
Infinity Curve
Just got word that Scott fixed my Bionic Lester and it's on the way back to me. Oh, and the amount they charged me was laughable considering how much work he did on this, from discussion, he basically ended up rebuilding most of it to isolate and fix the faults.

All this after I cooked it plugging it in backwards, on a discontinued module that has a MKII coming out soon...

That's service!
Infinity Curve
I received the module yesterday, all working and good to go nanners
mt3
Infinity Curve wrote:
I received the module yesterday, all working and good to go nanners

w00t
placebo92
(Edit) upon further thinking I don't really have a good reason to be airing my grievances yet.
mt3
placebo92 wrote:
(Edit) upon further thinking I don't really have a good reason to be airing my grievances yet.

Ah, there's nothing wrong with grievances. That's one of the main features of this forum.
w00t

Nonetheless, others have mentioned using Facesbookofdeath and sending a PM there usually guarantees a response:
https://facebook.com/industrialmusicelectronics

Also I will PM you secret Caknucklehead modular tips.
Rockin' Banana!
placebo92
I can always use more modular tips!

It's just when I'm in huff n puff mode I can get a bit self centered and forget who it is I'm dealing with. That these are small operations and not huge companies with departments for everything, so a bit more leeway is appropriate.. Especially considering how much I value the service you provide. thumbs up [/b]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2