MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doesn't respond to emails (personal experience)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Doesn't respond to emails (personal experience)
Epignosis567
Seriously what's up with this company? He never responds to emails. For what is essentially an overpriced digital design you would expect at least SOME customer service. For real, customer lost and I'm selling this shit. Get it together man. Your stuff is ridiculously expensive for what it is and then you don't even back it up?!?
Mephitif
He's always responded to mine, what email are you using? He's also fast to respond to facebook messages.

What modules of his are you planning on selling?
mt3
Epignosis567 wrote:
Seriously what's up with this company? He never responds to emails. For what is essentially an overpriced digital design you would expect at least SOME customer service. For real, customer lost and I'm selling this shit. Get it together man. Your stuff is ridiculously expensive for what it is and then you don't even back it up?!?

Que paso?
oranginafiend
Epignosis567 wrote:

I think you need to just chill out. I'm pretty sure it's one dude doing literally everything from conception to creation to production to marketing to customer service.

He makes innovative, original modules and I'd hardly call them overpriced or ridiculously expensive in the context of Eurorack.

Have a beer mate. Guinness ftw!
Infinity Curve
Ya, he has like 3 or 4 new modules coming out in the very near future and he is working on the oscillator system for the BFF as well, so he is probably pretty loaded down right now.

I am also waiting on a reply from him regarding a repair, but I'm not in any particular rush, so I'm not hounding him. I dont use facebook or any kind of social media aside from the odd forum like Muff's, so email is my only option really.

As far as pricing, nothing unreasonable there, perfectly inline with other manufacturers. While I can agree somewhat that he needs better documentation on some stuff, personally I would prefer he keeps focusing on bringing out crazy new modules for us. More often than not, anything you can't find info on the Harvestman site, you can find answers here or in the euro forum, and short of that, post and ask and somebody can probably shed some light for you

I know it can be frustrating when people dont get back to you right away, but in a one man show type operation like this, you need to cut a little slack here and there.

His modules are fantastic, and quite original for the most part, so it seems silly to throw that away because he isn't returning your emails. Just relax and be patient.

Have you ever had to contact a major manufacturer with issues? Often you are lucky to get a response at all, let alone a timely one.
acgenerator
He responds to emails.

Furthermore as OP posted on Mar 2... more likely than not he was prepping/on the road to here:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/02/10/sync02-coming-to-portland -march-4-2017/

Industrial Music Electronics (the new company name) is listed third under exhibitors.
Kent
Emails going to Spam/Jerkoff folder?
rean1mator
i've sent like 3 or 4 emails to them to try to purchase an expander and programmer directly and have not received a single response back. when you look at how active other module manufacturers are here on muff and how reponsive they are, industrial music gets a D- in my opionion. As a business, being too busy should never be an excuse for not responding to customer requests, if he's too busy hire an assistant. this is just my personal experience with them and the modular industry has so many great products and companies these days that i'll likely think twice buying another module from them.
acgenerator wrote:
He responds to emails.

Furthermore as OP posted on Mar 2... more likely than not he was prepping/on the road to here:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/02/10/sync02-coming-to-portland -march-4-2017/

Industrial Music Electronics (the new company name) is listed third under exhibitors.
Infinity Curve
Just got word back from him the other day on my repair. Apparently he has been having email issues and things not showing up, he hadnt received 2 of my last emails, but a follow up I sent made it through and he responded right away.
coolshirtdotjpg
Just piping into to say, IME have been awesome about replying to my emails and service generally any time I've been in touch with them.
mt3
My experience is that all others aren't much different with lack of replies or time to reply. Not a big deal to me, that's just how things can be.

Example, here's a thread about Toppobrillo's amazing Mixiplexer, which took a few years to get a reply to regarding current consumption:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2474911&highlight=#2 474911
Epignosis567
Thanks for the replies (mostly) everybody.

No, he still hasn't responded, despite polite followups.

This is the second time he's failed to respond, I just gave up the first time about a year ago when he failed to respond, and I just lived with the malfunctioning module. Not going to do that this time.

I don't care how busy he is, his stuff is more expensive than others of higher quality, especially for what it is, and other companies always respond within a week or two. If he's that busy it means he's making money, ergo he can hire someone part time to respond to customer service issues.

Also, don't tell me to chill out. This is bs and if you can't recognize that you need to chill out. I spent several hundred dollars for a malfunctioning module, with two problems now, and no response from the manufacturer. I'm well within my chill zone.

And I'm selling it because if you think that I'd send in a module to a manufacturer who has been unresponsive for over a year you're crazy, I'd probably never see it again.

If you've had good luck with him, good for you. I haven't.
coolshirtdotjpg
I am sorry that you have had bad experiences. I don't think it's fair to say IME stuff is more expensive than stuff of higher quality, because I literally don't think there are companies that do most of the stuff they do. Only example I can think of where a similar product costs more is the Evin 209 versus the Doepfer Matrix Mixer.
Infinity Curve
I just PM'd you some info, hope it helps
joskery
In my experience, the support is just as described in this thread...

It stands out from other Eurorack manufacturers, who seem to be very responsive compared to companies in other fields.

Very much puts me off from buying their modules in the future.
infradead
i messaged scott on FB. hope that helps
governor blacksnake
Hi, please use the support@industrialmusicelectronics.com address for all support-related communications. We have had some severe problems with our email host and are changing providers. Everything goes to the jerkoff folder.

Anyone in this thread who are missing communications with me, please resend using the above address.
kevstah
joskery wrote:
In my experience, the support is just as described in this thread...

It stands out from other Eurorack manufacturers, who seem to be very responsive compared to companies in other fields.

Very much puts me off from buying their modules in the future.

+1

I've been trying to contact Industrial Music Electronics for a while and gotten no response at all. My email client tells me that my emails are being received and read, but still I get nothing.
jasev
I must admit i sent an email to the email address a few posts up 2 weeks ago, still no reply
mt3
jasev wrote:
I must admit i sent an email to the email address a few posts up 2 weeks ago, still no reply

Superbooth season?
sendepause
Scott told me at Superbooth they have serious email issues. Best way to contact them at the moment is through Facebook messenger.
jasev
sendepause wrote:
Scott told me at Superbooth they have serious email issues. Best way to contact them at the moment is through Facebook messenger.

Bit hard when you don't do facebook

I understand issues arise I'll just be patient. The Stillson is a keeper
kevstah
Alright, so I have given up in getting any sort of response from The Harvestman. I have e-mails dating back from April 2016 that were never responded, I tried with the new email address and facebook direct messaging with no luck.

If anyone is reading this I recommend that you do stay away from buying Harvestman modules, it's not worth the risk of them dying and having zero support service.
mt3
kevstah wrote:
Alright, so I have given up in getting any sort of response from The Harvestman. I have e-mails dating back from April 2016 that were never responded, I tried with the new email address and facebook direct messaging with no luck.

If anyone is reading this I recommend that you do stay away from buying Harvestman modules, it's not worth the risk of them dying and having zero support service.

I agree email and support need improving (I just fried my Stillson mk 1 and awaiting service).

I disagree with avoiding their modules, that's a decision or conclusion probably made from frustration. Feeling like you are being ignored always sucks, but we also need to temper our responses in kind. The modules aren't known to inexplicably "die", that's a quality issue which their modules do not suffer from. In my case, it's user idiocy.
Kujo
For the record, I've had only pristine and functional modules from Harvestman/IME , Kermit/StillsonMK2/DAMK2 and counting. Never had to deal with customer support so I can't comment on that.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2