MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Polivoks High Pass?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Polivoks High Pass?
gpants
The governor mentioned somewhere on the forum that he could add a high pass to newer polivoks. I remember he said it wouldn't have the same style resonance as the low and band pass but it would definitely expand the functionality of the module. Is this available now? Has anyone heard it?
dude
i have had trouble nailing down possible updates to harvestman modules myself. there have been suggestions of a lot of possible updates to a number of modules. some may have happened. i do not know. i am sure he is busy making modules. i would love to get the upgrade to my tyme sefari but i don't like bugging him about it when his emails are fairly terse to begin with.
VanEck
I don't think it is available just yet. But I have had the chance to experiment with it, as we have an early prototype.

I enjoy it a lot. Just like the LP mode, it has a couple sweet spots. It functions similar to the BP mode, but has a wider bandwidth where as the BP tends to be rather thin.

I can probably record a quick demo tonight.
gpants
VanEck wrote:

I can probably record a quick demo tonight.

If you can find time, that would be great!
governor blacksnake
The HP-capable polivoks filters are shipping to all distributors on Monday. The upgrade is accomplished by returning the module to me with $15+postage. It has one drawback: the "hump/fuzz" at the extreme lower end of the cutoff dial (its audibility varies from unit to unit) is made much more audible with this modification.
nrdvrgr
I wouldn´t necessarily call that a drawback wink
dude
governor blacksnake wrote:
The HP-capable polivoks filters are shipping to all distributors on Monday. The upgrade is accomplished by returning the module to me with $15+postage. It has one drawback: the "hump/fuzz" at the extreme lower end of the cutoff dial (its audibility varies from unit to unit) is made much more audible with this modification.

any word on tyme sefari upgrades on processor and added feedback jack?
computer controlled
I might have to have this done!
lionelfischer
Is the HP polivoks available as upgrade or only as brand new?

Is there a third output jack, or does the high pass replace an existing output?
felix le chat
governor blacksnake wrote:
It has one drawback: the "hump/fuzz" at the extreme lower end of the cutoff dial (its audibility varies from unit to unit) is made much more audible with this modification.

Only in HP mode? Or also in LP and BP modes?

Are there any other sound differences in LP and BP between the old and the new Polivoks?

And yes, as lionelfischer asked, does the new Polivoks have the same inputs and outputs as the old version + one additional HP output?

One last question: in case there is a big difference between both versions, is the old Polivoks still produced?

Best,
Flc
giorgio
just got one of these, apparently modded, which is cool. it the hump adjustable? not really a huge deal but just curious. cool mod though and so far seems like it is gonna be a nice filter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1