MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Working on fixing the 'session logged out' issue - please log out and log back in as there is a new cookie name. It MAY be worse for a while, sorry. We'll see... I'm working on it. Thanks

Is there a Moog Mother 32 for video synthesis?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Is there a Moog Mother 32 for video synthesis?

Eagleclaw

Is there some super practical lower cost piece of equipment that can get someone into video synthesis? Where to start?

tronotape

3TrinsRGB+1c

destroythings

I would say the visual cortex is a close comparison to the Mother 32 in terms of comparable features. ie self contained unit that has all stages required for video synthesis.

Its the perfect starter module and can be expanded on with a variaty of different brand modules once you get comfortable using it.

hinotori

I would agree with the 3trins as a great starter.
It is the closest to a standalone yet expandable semi-modular video synthesis system. However I do feel that the Mother32 has far more creative possibility, even though its difficult to compare audio with video synthesis, but generally speaking there has to be a far greater investment in an entry level system to really do anything other than very simple shape and gradient direct video synthesis and/or basic colorisation and image processing.
If I were starting out in video synthesis right now and wanted something that is a kind of equivalent to a mother32/0coast semi-modular system I would make my own panel and DIY a load of LZX cadet modules together.
The other alternative is to get the 3trins and a visual cortex and build the expander so that you could use the 3trins oscillators into the VC.

nerdware

Amoung the suggestions here, there are two basic categories: DIY and non-DIY. The obvious one-stop non-DIY option is the Visual Cortex. I'd add the Ming Mecca as an alternative. It won't process video like the VC but it will at least generate video.

I can't comment on the DIY options. I don't even know if DIY is an option for the OP.

nerdware

Also worth mentioning: the Dave Jones MVIP. That'll integrate very well into an existing modular system.

moogboy

Big plus one for the MVIP. I bought the MVIP, got really jazzed on video synthesis, built a small LZX system, sold the LZX, and have focused really intently on getting the most out of the MVIP. I'd still like to get back into LZX style video synthesis at some point, maybe when I've got time to properly learn it, but the MVIP always surprises me with new things to coax out of it.

FetidEye

well, if you go the DIY route, check the Cadet series of LZX.
I've build the System 21 set (21 modules). which is very affordable and extensive in features.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1