MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What is the BEST DELAY for you, what sounds Best???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author What is the BEST DELAY for you, what sounds Best???
leeski
What delay really gets you to the place of dreams.

I love Spaceecho Re-301 and was really fond of the Quadraverb ping-pong with pitch shifting.

What floats the boat?
boboter
I absolutely love my Chase Bliss Tonal Recall. Sounds great and can go from gentle to crazy.

My current second favorite is the OTO Bim.
casterbro
- MG Space City echo
Mr. Green
tron23
Bel BD-80, Bugbrand PT Delay, Modcan 30A Guinness ftw!
TimeRaveler
Strymon El Capistan. I can't help but use it on EVERYTHING.
strange tales
In Limbo 80 Tape II. The III has since come out, but it's by far the best sounding delay I've ever owned. Has Gain for the repeats only and has some great modulation capabilities (ARP modulation on delays eek! ).
Muzone
Don't have the budget for the really fancy stuff bit find my Carbon Copy and and Back Talk pretty satisfying, also use my desktop evo for some harsher variation ~ would like to try.one of the high end units tho, have to get saving...........
slicetwo
I'm a fan of my Alter Ego v2. It's nothing crazy, but the Toneprint gets me some cool stuff. The other settings are great. It helps a lot that it's stereo.
porphyrion
TC D-Two or the 2290 if you have the $$.
I'll second the Strymon El Capistan, Timeline or the Roland RE-201 (even though it breaks down half the time whenever I want to use it, it's still the most magical I have).
Sony D7 also is capable of some cool delays when you put in the effort.
Tronman
TC Electronics Flashback for modular synth
MXR Carbon Copy for primary guitar setup
Zoom MS-50G & MS-70CDR for secondary guitar setup
Lexicon MX300 for mellotron
oldgearguy
Publison DHM 89-B2

other in-rack favorites: Roland DSP-550, Eventide H8000FW
gruebleengourd
korg stage echo 500
symmetrix 606
4ms dual looping delay
leeski
I like waves super tap pingpong when i don't have me quadareverb to hand, gives some great movement.

anyone use the Fulltone Delay really pricey but a new tape delay must sound awesome.

Just grabbed the Metric halo delay for cheap, and seems good
Futuresound
strange tales wrote:
In Limbo 80 Tape II. The III has since come out, but it's by far the best sounding delay I've ever owned. Has Gain for the repeats only and has some great modulation capabilities (ARP modulation on delays eek! ).

huh, I did not know about this one, but it looks amazing. Any demos of it with synth-y stuff?
tron23
oldgearguy wrote:
Publison DHM 89-B2

other in-rack favorites: Roland DSP-550, Eventide H8000FW

w00t
digable-me
Strymon El Cap all day long. In stereo it's just the sexiest delay I've ever heard.
Nightly Closures
Moog MF 104M SD has the sound and playability that I enjoy the most. I several delays and generally have my Mixer's two FX loops set as follows:

1. Moog MF 104M SD
Mutron Phasor 2 (not always present due to noise)

2. Rat
Boss DM-2 (set relative to DM-3)
Boss DM-3 (set relative to DM-2)
Boss PS-2
Boss DD-5 (usually in stereo or reverse)
Tumulishroomaroom
digable-me wrote:
Strymon El Cap all day long. In stereo it's just the sexiest delay I've ever heard.

Same here.
Aiyn Zahev
Very limited experience with hardware delays, but for software I have to say Ubermod takes the cake.
leeski
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
digable-me wrote:

Same here.

That's good to know i'd seen the buzz with them and then the stereo one came along. Do the 2 sound the same. seriously, i just don't get it
hex
I've got a Strymon DIG and I think it sounds really good.
strange tales
Futuresound wrote:
strange tales wrote:

huh, I did not know about this one, but it looks amazing. Any demos of it with synth-y stuff?

I'm busy tonight so I will get back to you tomorrow with something!
stk
RE-201 of course, it's just a classic and hard to beat for any money. Even better in stereo. It's the delay the Capistan wants to grow up to be someday smile
Add to that the Deluxe Memory Man for shoegazing haze.

(to be fair I do remember liking the 'Cap, and it's like 1/3 the price of a 201).
kwaidan
I'm curious about the Benidub delay:

Benidub

Needless to say, the RE-201 is a thing of beauty. Someone asked about the Fulltone unit, and the tube echo delay is pretty great, but I would take the 201 any day. Plus, I had to buy a reamp box to use the Fulltone with synths.

As for analog delays, my favorite is the Waza Craft. I prefer it over the Moogerfooger, EH, and Carbon Copy.
kwaidan
I'll add that sometimes you can find the RE-150 pretty cheap.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6