MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Yarns clock functions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Mutable Instruments Yarns clock functions
Numanoid92
So, i saw the incredible functions of Yarns as a MIDI to CV interface but i'm not clear on some functions, particularly this one:

I want to slave my eurorack sequencers tempo to the DAW tempo or from some other hardware drum machines with midi...

Can someone enlighten me on this function?

Basically, i want to connect the midi out from my audio interface (or Machinedrum) to the midi in of the Yarns and then send clock to my Zularic Repetition and Renè to keep them to the DAW (Or Drum machine) tempo.
AMillionMonkeys
I'm glad you posted this because I'm having some trouble myself. As far as I can tell, you just need to send clock out from your DAW, make sure Yarns is in a LAyout mode that sends clock out, and set the TEmpo to external. That is definitely working to send the clock out of the designated jack for me but it also seems to send those same clock pulses out of the CV jacks for voices 1 & 2.
cityz3n
Best way to sync daw to eurorack is with a sync track.

I'm using erm multiclock.
But Bastl has something new to do this:
http://www.bastl-instruments.com/instruments/klik/
AMillionMonkeys
cityz3n, are you saying that Yarns can't do this? I can see why that could be useful if I didn't already have a module that offers this functionality but it seems like I'd be better off learning how to use what I already have if it can do it.
void23
Yarns can do this easily, it's the main clock in my system. The manual is available online and explains this configuration very well.
blitit
I use yarns in 4M mode and use one of the channels as a clock, listening to a midi track that has a note every 1/8, and send it into a divider.

As far as i know, Yarns doesnt have a clock out, you have to "make" one.
Montgomery Word
blitit wrote:
I use yarns in 4M mode and use one of the channels as a clock, listening to a midi track that has a note every 1/8, and send it into a divider.

As far as i know, Yarns doesnt have a clock out, you have to "make" one.

this is exactly what i do, as well.

except- i make 4 sequences;

one has a note every 1/4 note, one 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32.

then in ableton i send that out and play with speeds.

it's fun.
Hateplow
definately read the manual a few times over. Its a super dense featured module so the manual can be pretty overwhelming amount of info to try to take in. There are a few good "cheat sheets" out there that cull the info down a bit.

'2M' mode will give you two free channels and then clock and measure clock.
make sure to set your clock to 'EX'.
'4M' will give you 3 channels and clock that you create yourself.
noisejockey
And remember to go back to the MIDI basics: You must send MIDI clock to Yarns in your DAW. I'm betting your DAW isn't routing MIDI clock to Yarns properly. In my DAW, I need to explicitly say to do so. As soon as that's done, though, boom.
risome
In 2m mode midi clock is sent out on Gate/trigger output 3 .Send Yarns midi clock from your Daw.Connect gate/trigger output 3 from Yarns to clock in on your desired seq. Miley Cyrus
billyk419
Also go into the "Output Clock Divider"...

I figured it was suppose to be set to "/1" but it also has PPQN setting. I slave my Pams Workout at "96"
pynchy
risome wrote:
In 2m mode midi clock is sent out on Gate/trigger output 3 .Send Yarns midi clock from your Daw.Connect gate/trigger output 3 from Yarns to clock in on your desired seq. Miley Cyrus

Also your run/stop is the gate under that, gate 4... For mod sequencers.

Other modes you can assign the clock to an output.
Throwgnilli
I'm fine clocking my sequencer with Yarns from gate 3 but when it comes to sending a reset from gate 4 (in 1m mode) i'm confused.

In the manual it states that Yarns sends a start pulse at the beginning of a new pattern. Is it possible to send a reset instead?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1