MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Landscape Stereo Field
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Landscape Stereo Field
Unborn Gore
http://www.landscape.fm/

Didn't see anything about this one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPlFz_-hoSW/
Unborn Gore
Processing a DX100

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN7TT-WBJmJ/
noisejockey
Not sure why this hasn't had a thread about it yet! Thanks for starting one, Unborn Gore.

I understand that the first units shipping to idiots dumb enough to pre-preorder one sight unseen should be sometime this month (March 2017). (Yes, that'd be me.) I'll be sure to post some demos!
Feinstrom
Very interesting instrument!
This could well be the enhanced Steim Crackle Box I was alwways hoping someone would build!
I'm sure you will have to spend quite some time learning to play that thing - and be prepared that under live conditions (heat, nervousness etc.) the tochplate might react completely different to your skin than at home (had that experience with a Drawdio last year - much louder, much more aggressive sound)...

Cheers,
Bert
Unborn Gore
Feinstrom wrote:
Very interesting instrument!
This could well be the enhanced Steim Crackle Box I was alwways hoping someone would build!
I'm sure you will have to spend quite some time learning to play that thing - and be prepared that under live conditions (heat, nervousness etc.) the tochplate might react completely different to your skin than at home (had that experience with a Drawdio last year - much louder, much more aggressive sound)...

Cheers,
Bert

Yeah, I think this will be a very unpredictable live instrument. But I'm fine with that, especially running a drum machine through it.

The best results will likely be at home in the studio, just recording long sessions, then editing the recording for the best bits. Might be cool to load a sampler with nothing but Stereo Field samples, then sequencing that stuff into terrifying rhythms.

Count me on the idiot list.
Feinstrom
On the list, too.

Cheers,
Bert
noisejockey
Got mine. Man, is this thing bizarre and wild. An the documentation online is pretty spotty.

Yes, it's a noise box, but I started having fun when I ran one of my unreleased ambient guitar tracks through it (source had no distortion on it, just clean eBow through delay and reverb).

Unborn Gore is right - with an Octatrack, Tip Top ONE, or OP-1, a sample chain of this thing's utterances would be damn nice.
Unborn Gore
Great vid. Thing looks and sounds beautiful!
abandonist
I'd love to hear the LSF standalone if you get a chance.

Looks right up my alley.
noisejockey
As requested, abandonist. Raw output, no filtered incoming audio, but delay and reverb added.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/319133218" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
Unborn Gore
Monstrous! Love the delay!
Paranormal Patroler
How much did you pay? I'm interested in one if the price is right.
noisejockey
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
How much did you pay? I'm interested in one if the price is right.

At or around what's on the website under "pre-order." Don't have it at my fingertips.
Paranormal Patroler
Too much distortion for my tastes. The UI is lovely; wish I could get one that's more focused on panning, phase inversion and filtering of sounds. Seems like a very playable device but crackle-crackle-crackle is not what I'm currently after.

Still, the design is very intriguing.
SPIKE the Percussionist
chaos generator noiz weapons...

dan_k
SPIKE the Percussionist wrote:

Fantastic video! love those skull knobs SlayerBadger!

You're making the wait hard for my Stereo Field to arrive..
High Wolf

Awesome man! Care to explain a bit? What's the other box with the skull knobs + who's doing what to whom?
SPIKE the Percussionist
High Wolf wrote:

Awesome man! Care to explain a bit? What's the other box with the skull knobs + who's doing what to whom?

ok...

you are hearing all three noiz weapons in the viddy.

there are two points from the Double Knot that are sending impulses into the Stereo Field making it warp a bit randomly.

the Stereo Field is sending CV into the the filter and resonance of the Blippoo Box

the skull knobs are on the Blippoo Box.

thanks for listening to the noiz...
smetak
I have their hand-manipulated tape machine, which is very unique to say the least - got some 15 second endless tapes and having a hell of a time, brilliant stuff! The guy who runs the show showed me this new machine from Landscape and was taking pre-orders. Found it quite up there, but having burnt all my coin on a Brother and Ottobit, had to give this one up.
jmelland
Hey Muffers! How is this as a CV controller of Euro stuff? Is it just kind of "wild", as in it just sends random cv, or can you control it a bit? The demo's I've seen just sound like random squelch noise. Even when it's controlling other things...

Also, does it send out touch gates?
Tumulishroomaroom
noisejockey wrote:
Got mine. Man, is this thing bizarre and wild. An the documentation online is pretty spotty.

Yes, it's a noise box, but I started having fun when I ran one of my unreleased ambient guitar tracks through it (source had no distortion on it, just clean eBow through delay and reverb).

Unborn Gore is right - with an Octatrack, Tip Top ONE, or OP-1, a sample chain of this thing's utterances would be damn nice.

Very nice ! This thing looks gooood. I'd like to know how it works as a controller for the modular too.
SPIKE the Percussionist
acquired a second one...
(thank you @noisejockey)
wired them to each other as well as some noiz into them for a performance last Thursday.

ASTROGENIC HALLUCINAUTING is at 42:32

Nelson Baboon
just got mine and played with it for the first time tonight. I'm actually quite thrilled with it. I mean, it looks so great, that I almost wouldn't care if it made no sound.

I was quite confused by it for awhile - is it working properly, why does only the left output knob work? Why does only the right output knob work, etc, etc.....

so many interacting inputs and outputs, and the documentation is really pretty lousy. This will take much experimentation.

thus far I haven't had good results using cv in the 1/8" inputs. Anyone have some tips for that?

The core of this is obviously the noisebox sound, which I've always quite liked. However, most of them are quite inflexible, and get boring pretty quick. This really seems to be quite flexible, so the next question is how to get some control over it. I do not get the impression that it's random - it makes sense, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out in one evening.

did I mention that it looks great? I could really imagine having 2 of these interacting... i will have to formulate a plan to carve out the required space, as well as the required funds.
SPIKE the Percussionist
Nelson Baboon wrote:
I could really imagine having 2 of these interacting... i will have to formulate a plan to carve out the required space, as well as the required funds.

see the above vid for two of them wired into each other...

i am still discovering noiz with that thing!
slicetwo
I saw this online a few weeks ago and immediately sent the video to my writing partner. This thing is like a dream box for me. I just wish I could afford it. Being able to both control and process my 0Coast with it would be bananas.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2