MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New nw2s 16 output module - boards arrived...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s  
Author New nw2s 16 output module - boards arrived...
scottwilson
Finally got a 16 balanced output version of the nw2s::io running.

https://www.facebook.com/nw2smodular/photos/a.861009050617020.10737418 28.844558775595381/1415327221851864/?type=3&theater

Got a few of the boards. They're testing great. The panels are on their way. Should have a few available for sale next week if anyone's interested hit me up.

-s
resynthesize
Any update on these? This is exactly what I'm looking for! Don't see them for sale on the nw2s site yet.
scottwilson
resynthesize wrote:
Any update on these? This is exactly what I'm looking for! Don't see them for sale on the nw2s site yet.

No, I'm migrating to a new ecommerce platform and they'll be on there.

There's a shipment on its way to Analog Haven though!

Thanks,

Scott
metalbox
hmmm..... 16 outs
scottwilson
metalbox wrote:
:hmm: 16 outs

16 *balanced* outputs.
ignatius
oh nice! this is good news.
Bambou
There will be a unbalanced version of the o16 ?
scottwilson
It's possible. I'm evaluating options of possibly buffering the output rather than making it a completely passive audio circuit. I have some prototypes lining up to get sent out, and this would be among them, but isn't near completion yet. It won't be before later in the year... Oct/Nov/Dec likely.

-s
Bambou
Thanks for the detailled reply.
I think I will wait for this version, it seems just perfect for my situation ! Ideal for studio work and multitracking, good job thumbs up
Guinness ftw!

What's the avantage of buffered ouputs rather than passive ?
scottwilson
Passive is fine as long as the last stage of your modular patch is a low impedance output capable of driving an array of different types of inputs and can provide a decent amount of current.

Passive is less ideal if the last stage of your patch is some super old filter design that doesn't have its own output buffer and is passively multed to three other weird modules and your spring reverb tank and then patched into the output interface...

Okay I'm making all that up and assuming the worst designs possible, but you get the idea: A buffer serves as a high-impedence endpoint that will not affect the audio signal and will prevent anything further downstream from impacting your audio signal as well.

I don't think any current unbalanced nw2s::io owners have ever had a problem with it... but like I said - it's worth considering. It does mean I'd need to go 100% SMT for that design rather than the unbalanced 'io which as thru-hole makes it a lot easier as a kit.

-s
Bambou
Thanks for the detailled reply.
Very interesting, I never tought about all this but it's make sense.

I'm even more looking forward ! Please keep us updated about your design chose and the avancement of this module thumbs up
Bambou
Any news about the unbalanced version of the o16 ?
Guinness ftw!
Bambou
(hides)
Armstrb
Are the nw2s:io available looking for 2? Not getting any response in the website?
Bambou
Armstrb wrote:
Not getting any response in the website?

Same here confused
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s  
Page 1 of 1