MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SoS: Abnormal behavior?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author SoS: Abnormal behavior?
vav
So i got my SoS, and i love it. One odd thing i've noticed, though, is that anywhere below 9 o'clock on the Rate knob completely kills the signal, doesnt matter which output i use. Rather than just "Maxing out" the delay time, audio just totally stops. Is this normal due to the weirdness of the delay chip, or perhaps my unit?
TrashWaveform
A complete signal drop? I traded mine to Felix so I don't have it anymore but I don't recall any drops anywhere.
flight
vav wrote:
So i got my SoS, and i love it. One odd thing i've noticed, though, is that anywhere below 9 o'clock on the Rate knob completely kills the signal, doesnt matter which output i use. Rather than just "Maxing out" the delay time, audio just totally stops. Is this normal due to the weirdness of the delay chip, or perhaps my unit?

Fear not! That is normal behavior. As you turn it to 9:00 and below, the delay gets increasingly rough, starts to behave erratically and glitchy, then cuts out entirely. The extra apparently-dead space on the dial is for when you also have a control voltage going to the Rate CV jack, which will offset the behavior of the knob. The specific point where all this begins varies from unit to unit and is due to variances (within the tolerance range) between components.

Of course, having said all that, if the sound just cuts out without any nifty glitchy goodness, something's wrong. hmmm.....

<edit>
This should NOT, however, affect the Clean output.
vav
Just as an update, i rechecked everything and everything Flight described is correct on mine, so there is nothing wrong with it.

Another win for Flight smile

Now where is the WAR module applause
flight
vav wrote:
Just as an update, i rechecked everything and everything Flight described is correct on mine, so there is nothing wrong with it.

Another win for Flight smile

Phew!
Quote:
Now where is the WAR module applause
It's on the list, but there's some others ahead of it. wink
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1