SoS: Abnormal behavior?

Gear, Suggestions and Discussion.

Moderators: Kent, infradead, computer controlled, flight

vav
Beer Master

SoS: Abnormal behavior?

Post by vav » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:28 am

So i got my SoS, and i love it. One odd thing i've noticed, though, is that anywhere below 9 o'clock on the Rate knob completely kills the signal, doesnt matter which output i use. Rather than just "Maxing out" the delay time, audio just totally stops. Is this normal due to the weirdness of the delay chip, or perhaps my unit?
Vactrols are the electronic equivalent of being drunk. -decaying.sine

TrashWaveform
Flesh Eating Angel

Post by TrashWaveform » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:34 am

A complete signal drop? I traded mine to Felix so I don't have it anymore but I don't recall any drops anywhere.
"Well, if you were never born, it wouldn't be your fucking birthday." - droolmaster0 aka Nelson Baboon

flight
The Plague Bearer

Re: SoS: Abnormal behavior?

Post by flight » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:55 am

vav wrote:So i got my SoS, and i love it. One odd thing i've noticed, though, is that anywhere below 9 o'clock on the Rate knob completely kills the signal, doesnt matter which output i use. Rather than just "Maxing out" the delay time, audio just totally stops. Is this normal due to the weirdness of the delay chip, or perhaps my unit?
Fear not! That is normal behavior. As you turn it to 9:00 and below, the delay gets increasingly rough, starts to behave erratically and glitchy, then cuts out entirely. The extra apparently-dead space on the dial is for when you also have a control voltage going to the Rate CV jack, which will offset the behavior of the knob. The specific point where all this begins varies from unit to unit and is due to variances (within the tolerance range) between components.

Of course, having said all that, if the sound just cuts out without any nifty glitchy goodness, something's wrong. :hmm:

<edit>
This should NOT, however, affect the Clean output.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

vav
Beer Master

Post by vav » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:11 am

Just as an update, i rechecked everything and everything Flight described is correct on mine, so there is nothing wrong with it.

Another win for Flight :)

Now where is the WAR module :yay:
Vactrols are the electronic equivalent of being drunk. -decaying.sine

flight
The Plague Bearer

Post by flight » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 pm

vav wrote:Just as an update, i rechecked everything and everything Flight described is correct on mine, so there is nothing wrong with it.

Another win for Flight :)
Phew!
Now where is the WAR module :yay:
It's on the list, but there's some others ahead of it. ;)
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

Return to “Flight of Harmony”