MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

is macromachines storage strip discuntinnued forever?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author is macromachines storage strip discuntinnued forever?
timoka
Mungo wrote:
Southfork wrote:
I asked a couple questions on the disting 4 forum. The disting will be a recall device like the load bit of the storage strip but won't have saving ability so fine for varigate/gatestorm/tempi etc but no go on the mungo modules unless you have some presets saved first.

I did quiz nico on the storage strip and mungo modules a while ago and if I remember rightly the presets are actually saved on the mungo module. All the storage strip does is send a command to save and command to recall.
Its the combination of the zoom + Program Change message which does saving, so if anything is sending recall requests then they are a save request by simply holding the zoom in.

If MM are going south and there is enough interest we can make whatever design people want, but it would need some consensus on what to actually build.

i would love to have a small mungo module with the same functionality as the storage strip but with better buttons and able to drive more than three mungo modules!!
FatRocky
timoka wrote:
Mungo wrote:
Southfork wrote:
I asked a couple questions on the disting 4 forum. The disting will be a recall device like the load bit of the storage strip but won't have saving ability so fine for varigate/gatestorm/tempi etc but no go on the mungo modules unless you have some presets saved first.

I did quiz nico on the storage strip and mungo modules a while ago and if I remember rightly the presets are actually saved on the mungo module. All the storage strip does is send a command to save and command to recall.
Its the combination of the zoom + Program Change message which does saving, so if anything is sending recall requests then they are a save request by simply holding the zoom in.

If MM are going south and there is enough interest we can make whatever design people want, but it would need some consensus on what to actually build.

i would love to have a small mungo module with the same functionality as the storage strip but with better buttons and able to drive more than three mungo modules!!

+1 here for Mungo brand expansion for his modules,,
jameswalk
Oh man, me too. In a heartbeat.
FatRocky
help seriously, i just don't get it Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance sad sad
Paranormal Patroler
listentoaheartbeat wrote:
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Bump for need of a module that does save/recall and all the Mungo features.

Everyone who wants this should reach out to Os from Expert Sleepers, talked to him about it at SB and afterwards when my Storage Strip blew up (fixed now luckily). He might be up for doing this, easy enough to do and the demand is there.

Seems like the right person to talk to, I'll give it a shot. Unfortunately it seems like the module he proposes is just a simple DIN input access module for the bus. That would require external control, whereas I prefer a module that handles it by itself.
listentoaheartbeat
That’s the one he announced. I talked to him about a module with Storage Strip functionality and he seemed open to the idea.
timoka
btw i asked john from mungo, he doesn't think there's enough demand for it...and he's probably right.
Southfork
timoka wrote:
btw i asked john from mungo, he doesn't think there's enough demand for it...and he's probably right.

Pretty much zero demand for any select bus saving and recalling outside of the Malekko modules. The document is out there and would be easy enough to whip up code for an MCU that could send and receive midi messages over a wire plugged into the bus board but honestly who can be bothered?

John provides a midi module soloution similar to the expert sleepers one. Just deal with the extra midi equipment you need.
Southfork
Here’s the protocol document that Macromachines was working to, if it hasn’t be published here yet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YhPvAI6oliwLYSHhDholdAUym-TfBDGlxS T-zDCP-qw/mobilebasic
Buttons ARE toys
Will the Expert Sleepers Select Bus module work for saving and recalling Mongo module settings? MIDI would have to be stored and sent externally of course.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2