MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MT Archimedes(Bipolar CV Rectifier & Limiter) Kickstater
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author MT Archimedes(Bipolar CV Rectifier & Limiter) Kickstater
archerofloaf
Hello all. I am Scott from Metzger Technologies and I've started a Kickstarter campaign in order to get my debut module Archimedes into production.

Here's a link to the campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1411638041/archimedes-a-bipolar-c v-modulator-and-limiter-euro

And here's a link to a YouTube video I put up 8 months ago which shows off the controls rather extensively. The demo uses a beta version of the module that has a green panel and backwards clipping LEDs which have been fixed in the final version:

I'm currently trying to finish the manual for Archimedes by showing some patch suggestions and other things. The manual will definitely be ready by the time I am ready to ship modules out. Sorry that I don't have that available yet, but the YouTube video does a good job of showing some possibilities.

Archimedes is 10hp, 38mm deep. Current Draw: 90 mA +12 / 90mA -12.

This module has a lot of uses: CV able bipolar half wave rectification over the positive and negative sections of a bipolar input signal, full wave rectification, VCA, Bipolar VCA, offset, CV able bipolar limiting rails, feedback path destroyer, wave shaping, distortion, asymmetrical & symmetrical clipping, and more.

I tried to keep the price as fair as possible considering that some of the ICs are freaking expensive. Normally the module would retail for $200, but I'm selling them for $180 only during the Kickstarter campaign. If you buy two of them, you save a considerable amount of money. Should be a decent incentive for those of you with large systems that are in dire need of BDSM.

The module will come with your typical silver / grey anodized aluminum panel from MPC, but I'll also throw in the black and gold panel in case you want to roll that way. I prefer black myself, but I know how you're all crazy for that matte grey.

The module has been finalized and I built up 5 of them to make sure that the pilot was good to go. Although I stated a 3 month shipping time from the end of the campaign, chances are extremely high that you will only have to wait 2 months (damn MPC panels take forever these days).

I've attached a nice high resolution picture of the black panel version of Archimedes for you to check out.

The website is currently being worked on but there's at least a pittance of something there for the time being: http://metzgertechnologies.com/

Thanks for checking this out, everyone! Hopefully you'll be interested in helping me launch this product so that I may get it out into the wild and into your local modular shop ASAP. I've got a slew of other modules that are on the way once Archimedes has been released.
spudboyblues
Congrats, this looks lovely. Guinness ftw!
zyxt
thumbs up applause
Tropic Al
Gorgeous panel, love the black and gold! And sounds great! nanners
beersbikesbuns
I keep wanting to see a bondage themed panel with the continual references to BDSM XD
acgenerator
I remember the video from a while back, now that this effort is a go...

Can you provide a signal flow block diagram (picture) through the different features? After a few steps it's hard to follow the order of signal transformation.

Signal IN -> offset -> rectifier -> 4-QuadMult -> clipping? -> (+) Out; (-) OUT); Summing

something like this:
http://www.kilpatrickaudio.com/images/modular/kformat/basic_synth.png
archerofloaf
acgenerator wrote:
I remember the video from a while back, now that this effort is a go...

Can you provide a signal flow block diagram (picture) through the different features? After a few steps it's hard to follow the order of signal transformation.

Signal IN -> offset -> rectifier -> 4-QuadMult -> clipping? -> (+) Out; (-) OUT); Summing

something like this:
http://www.kilpatrickaudio.com/images/modular/kformat/basic_synth.png

Glad that you remembered! Here's a crude diagram for you of the signal path:
archerofloaf
Thanks to a couple of people from here, I was able to hit my goal in just over a day and a half from the launch of the campaign. Thank you so much!

Rawk!

It's been pretty cool having a campaign going alongside Synthesis Technology and LimaFlo. I'll be celebrating with Paul soon enough. Ren, I hope you're reading this ... you're only 2 sales away from getting Motomouth funded!
maltemark
Since the CFM doesn't seem to be happening? (and very expensive) I'm considering backing this, but a bit concerned about shipping charges to the EU
maltemark
I ended up being to late on this, but still interested in how things are going. It's a cool design for a module!
archerofloaf
maltemark wrote:
I ended up being to late on this, but still interested in how things are going. It's a cool design for a module!

Thank you!

I ordered most of the parts that are needed for the first run and am getting help in sourcing the other things I need from a local company that's offered to help out. I'm meeting up with them in just a couple hours from now.

Ordering PCBs and MPC front panels this weekend, and also getting some shirts made for those who were a part of the Kickstarter campaign.

There will be modules available to purchase around the beginning of August and I'm planning on contacting dealers next month to see if they'd be interested in carrying Archimedes this autumn. If people ask their local (or preferred) synth dealer to carry them, that would certainly help.
sceledra
It would be great to get an update on this.
Thanks
MARK27
Well, that's weird.

I know Worley is still working on manufacturing the Kickstarter batch of Archimedes, but apparently someone is selling a prototype or something on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metzger-Technologies-Modular-Archimedes-Eurora ck-Synth-Module/263323157394

Hmmm....

hmmm.....

But then again, if you look closely at the pcb in the pictures, it looks like a manufactured board, not some homemade job...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1