ADDAC810 DIY?

New Interfaces for Analog Synthesizers.

Moderators: Kent, __ag

calaveras
Super Deluxe Wiggler

ADDAC810 DIY?

Post by calaveras » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:12 am

Seen the ADDAC810 on Thonk. Checked the info on their site, as well as the ADDAC site and see no info on opamps used. Just curious if this is a 'good enough' preamp for stuffing a sample into a sampler module. Or is it relatively hi-fi, and good enough for just listening to stuff?
Also curious if there is a version of the kit that is fully buildable from scratch. Or is it only pre-soldered SMT with teh connectors and pot left to the customer?

visible cow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by visible cow » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:00 am

Bumping this as I'm.also curious about the first question.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: ADDAC810 DIY?

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Fri May 19, 2017 11:35 am

calaveras wrote:Seen the ADDAC810 on Thonk. Checked the info on their site, as well as the ADDAC site and see no info on opamps used. Just curious if this is a 'good enough' preamp for stuffing a sample into a sampler module. Or is it relatively hi-fi, and good enough for just listening to stuff?
Also curious if there is a version of the kit that is fully buildable from scratch. Or is it only pre-soldered SMT with teh connectors and pot left to the customer?
It uses good opa2134's! Unfortunately there's no kits available to be build from scratch. Went to Dansk Modular meeting recently and atte persuaded me that SMT soldering is possible by hand. The ADDAC kit has SMT parts presoldered it seems.

Hope I've answered your questions!
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

lud
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lud » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:04 am

Anyone picked one of these up and can offer feedback?
Looks like a good unit, is it unique in eurorack or are there other phone preamps?

ADDAC System
Common Wiggler

Post by ADDAC System » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:23 pm

lud wrote:Anyone picked one of these up and can offer feedback?
Looks like a good unit, is it unique in eurorack or are there other phone preamps?
It's the best one :hihi: Seriously though, let me know if you have any questions.
Questions? Assistance? Hit me up via PM or send us an email!

ADDAC System | [www.addacsystem.com]

Return to “ADDAC System”