nother test for you folks

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

nother test for you folks

Post by Kwote » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:27 am

http://www.kwotemusic.com/wesesh.mp3

this beat is mixed much more gently. still no eq. the kick has way less low end from what i can tell. just want a consensus on whether the low end is shitting on things as hard as before?

i feel like i got way less to worry about but i haven't taken it out the studio yet as i just finished it.

thanks.
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:42 am

nice! i think the kick is too quiet in the mix but hey that's not what you asked

it sounds good. I'll explain what i'm feeling in totally subjective terms

"the kick sounds just a bit pillowy and could use to be a bit more round in my opinion"

i dunno if you know what i mean. i've had a bit to drink so this isn't my best time for thinking

still sounds really good though. well done and nothing to worry about

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:30 am

I like the first one better. I like the bigger more bombastic sound. This one is cool, in a sort of 80's drum machine way though. Actually, if you mixed a little of this one in with the original I bet you'd have gold! :party:

Nice work!

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:50 am

I wish I could offer something, but all I have at the moment are laptop speakers :doh:
which don't have any low end :waah:

But it was entertaining to listen to, even if I couldn't hear an accurate representation of the lowend 8)

Kwote

Post by Kwote » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:06 am

it's all good. the whole thing is too quiet for my tastes. i think the last one is way better too. i just can't seem to get it right. i might just stop posting for awhile.

tonight just hasn't been my night for music :bang: :doh:
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:48 am

I, for one, am totally sick of thunderous kick drums. They are everywhere: jazz records, country groups, etc... everyone wants a kick that works well in a hip-hop context but not within that context. Context is important.

I think that your kick is fine at its current mix level.

Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon

Post by Soy Sos » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:46 am

I may have said it before in other posts, but IMHO one of the best things you can do to test your mixes is compare it side by side to like minded material on a variety of systems. Put it on the same disc or MP3 player and listen to it in the car, on home stereo, friend's house/studio, headphones, etc. Put it up with your favorite artists and find what it is you like about those tracks and what you can do to push your own material in the direction you want. Gradually over time through trial and error you'll come across the techniques that work best for you. Posting on forums is good too!

Kwote

Post by Kwote » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:40 am

yeah. i made something more to my liking recently. i'm getting there slowly but surely. hell making things is half the fun anyways. i'm still planning on keeping sounds off the boards for a bit though. i really want to bring things to a place you guys haven't heard from me yet.

hopefully the next time i post it'll be a preview to the next EP. :party:
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

Return to “Your Tunes Here”