MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Infinite Jets by Hologram Electronics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Infinite Jets by Hologram Electronics
soundinett
Dream Sequence successor...

close to Montreal Assebly Zellerasn
stk
Looks interesting. I must say I am mildly obsessed with the Dream Sequence st the moment, though not enough to drop the cash for one. Seems cool, but also seems like it would make everything sound like itself.?
GovernorSilver
I don't see how this replaces the Dream Sequence pedal.

This video is worth watching in its entirety. By the time you get halfway through the video, it becomes really, really obvious that the two pedals are very different from each other. cool
soundinett
GovernorSilver wrote:
I don't see how this replaces the Dream Sequence pedal.

This video is worth watching in its entirety. By the time you get halfway through the video, it becomes really, really obvious that the two pedals are very different from each other. cool

True. Its not a simple Dream Sequence successor. But it can not hide where it comes from. Mainly because of this special micro sequencer.
GovernorSilver
I like the two channels of infinite sustain, the three trigger modes, etc.

Oh and the knob movement recording!
blackjam
This looks great, definitely hard to tell how useful it will be until more videos pop up, the two channel sustain thing though...
smetak
The "glitch mode" is equal to the Ct5.
Metatarsals
I have both of these on my shopping list. Guitarist in my former band now has both of them on his pedalboard.

I know which one of us I'd rather be.
Metatarsals
I have a CT5 - The Glitch mode on this looks more usable and subtle for me. Anybody else got a Charlie Foxtrot, whilst we're on the subject of Glitch pedals?
taylor12k
the glitch/sample time on this sounds to be a lot less than the CT5.. which falls under (among other things) a more proper loop pedal category.. with 4-8 seconds of loop time.

still, the infinite jets looks pretty great. especially the looping blur mode and knob recorder...
Metatarsals
taylor12k wrote:
the glitch/sample time on this sounds to be a lot less than the CT5.. which falls under (among other things) a more proper loop pedal category.. with 4-8 seconds of loop time

I think you're right. I think the CT5 makes a cool looper, but honestly not hugely impressed with it as a glitch pedal (in fairness, that was never why I bought mine).

/Edited because I read the manual.
GovernorSilver
I'd use it as yet another tool for making drone/ambient music.

I'd also use it on guitar and electric violin as a sort of "piano sustain" pedal. I'm of course inspired by classical pianists here, but Bill Frisell is also an inspiration.

The PLUS pedal looks the part, with a pedal that looks like it belongs on a piano, but it's purely cosmetic - just an on/off switch with no real continuous control over anything, unlike a real piano damper pedal.

Infinity Jets OTOH at least has an exp. pedal input for continuous control, plus the other features that interest me.
durwin
Not sure it was ever going be able to stretch out to the looper zone, but I think the glitch mode will be great, especially with expression pedals.

Will report back in a few weeks when mine arrives Russian Roulette
folpon
"People With Slightly Too Much Money Really, Really Try To Not Be Bored With Guitar Pedals" <--- hologram, affectionately
sduck
I put my name on the waiting list a while ago, still haven't heard anything.
folpon
sduck, the last preorder was in late May. Might be another soon.
durwin
I tried one recently, but it wasn't for me in the end. The gain to trigger the effect is sensitive (it can be changed) and I couldn't quite get it to trigger musically.

Still I'm sure lots of people will make great sounds with it!
sduck
Damn, they opened another preorder today. At noon, while I was out running errands. When I got back at 12:30 they were sold out already. I even sent an email to the guy begging to get in on this run, to no avail.
Scories
Anyone tried this pedal on pure/high pitched sounds? I'm considering this pedal for mangling my vibraphone in real-time.
I haven't been able to know more about samplerate and sample time on this device.
I hope the sensibility/triggering won't be an issue as well.

It could be a nice replacement for my Cocoquantus. The CQ is very hard to master as you play and the bitrate is so low.

EDIT: Also tempted by the Ottobit these days: seems to be super fun, more flexible but a little less oriented towards atmospheric music.
GovernorSilver
durwin wrote:
I tried one recently, but it wasn't for me in the end. The gain to trigger the effect is sensitive (it can be changed) and I couldn't quite get it to trigger musically.

Does this mean you had to play loud as hell to trigger it, or the opposite?
rowsbywoof
I love the Dream Sequence, but Infinite Jets does nothing for me. I can't really get excited about it at all. Not sure what it is... I feel like I'm missing something, but then, that means I keep a couple hundred extra in my bank account, I guess.
geremyf
Funny the dream sequence does nothing for me but this seems tailor made for monosynths. Anyone have one? Would love to see some synth demos. Pondering mating one with my Modal 001. I could do 4 note chords with this?
GovernorSilver
I'd like to know more about this trigger sensitivity issue.

Did the guy who report it here just get a bum unit, or is it a systemic issue that can be fixed in a firmware update?
sduck
I haven't experimented with the one I received today (yay!), but did find this in the box - maybe it's a clue:

soggybag
Wow that's pretty amazing. I remember the Roland guitar synth in '80s. You had to have a special guitar with a hexaphonic pickup, and it didn't really work that well. Normal people could not afford them.

Fast forward and today you just plug any guitar into a box through a 1/4" cable and the tracking is amazing.

EHX has series of pedals similar to this. I have the B9 and works really well the tracking is perfect and you can play a full 6 note chord.

If you ever wanted a Melotron, the cheapest route is to buy a Mel 9 and plug your guitar into it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2