MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer A-100SSB power supply for small DIY skiff
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Doepfer A-100SSB power supply for small DIY skiff
CeeJay
Today I found out about the Doepfer A-100SSB power supply:
http://www.doepfer.de/a100_man/A100SSB_Manual.pdf
It is available for 75€

I think it is useful if you want to power your small skiff directly with mains power. It is very compact but unfortunately it has only 380mA for +12V and 380mA for -12V.

I immediately searched for the Recom RAC10-12DA which the A-100SSB is using and found it at Mouser and Digikey for 40€ (but no stock).

But then I found the RAC10-12DA at Pollin.de (Germany) for 4,95€ !!!

I think it is really nice (and cheap) for a small mains powered DIY skiff.
Plugler
Did someone made experiences with this A-100SSB?

I wonder about Doepfers warning on the product page:

"Important note: the load regulation of the power supply used in the A-100SSB is not as good as the load regulation of the "big" A-100 power supplies (A-100PSU2, A-100PSU3 and the power supply of DIY kit #1). That's why we recommend not to use the A-100SSB with modules which are sensitive to supply voltage changes. In the first place VCOs are affected. If modules with changing loads (especially modules with LEDs) are installed together with VCOs pitch modulations may be the result. The A-100SSB should be used only with modules which are immune to slight supply voltage changes (typically control modules like ADSR, LFO, random and most of the sound processing modules like VCFs or VCAs)."

This limitations are not mentioned at any webshop, which sells this nice PSU.

Has anyone used a VCO in combination with LFO and VCF (and maybe some other modules) with this PSU? Any problems, like Doepfer mentioned?

I want to build a small DIY case (3U / 42-60HP)

For my requirements the A-100SSB would be ideal, if only this restriction of Doepfer would not be.

I can not find any other good PSU for modular, which is nearly as cheap as this, INCLUDING a bus board.
phonodyne
Plugler wrote:
Did someone made experiences with this A-100SSB?

I wonder about Doepfers warning on the product page:

"Important note: the load regulation of the power supply used in the A-100SSB is not as good as the load regulation of the "big" A-100 power supplies (A-100PSU2, A-100PSU3 and the power supply of DIY kit #1). That's why we recommend not to use the A-100SSB with modules which are sensitive to supply voltage changes. In the first place VCOs are affected. If modules with changing loads (especially modules with LEDs) are installed together with VCOs pitch modulations may be the result. The A-100SSB should be used only with modules which are immune to slight supply voltage changes (typically control modules like ADSR, LFO, random and most of the sound processing modules like VCFs or VCAs)."

This limitations are not mentioned at any webshop, which sells this nice PSU.

Has anyone used a VCO in combination with LFO and VCF (and maybe some other modules) with this PSU? Any problems, like Doepfer mentioned?

I want to build a small DIY case (3U / 42-60HP)

For my requirements the A-100SSB would be ideal, if only this restriction of Doepfer would not be.

I can not find any other good PSU for modular, which is nearly as cheap as this, INCLUDING a bus board.

Curious to know about this too.
floris
Anyone using this?
Or anyone knows another place to get the RAC10-12DA so cheap? (Pollin doesn't have this anymore)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1