MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

El Capistan users
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author El Capistan users
swhic
Overused? too much tapey stuff the last years...think I need to get rid of it...
somonochrome
Noooo... el cap is way more capable than just to be used as a tapeechoonetrickpony... there are so many great sounds in between!!!

and the reverb IMO is gold... one pedal and you got tons of great spaces!
swhic
that's encouraging! how do you use it in the chain?
loydb
One of my mixer aux busses is dedicated to mine. Love it.
JohnLRice
It's an awesome pedal! w00t screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! Even though I really don't "need" one again I still want one!

I sold my V1 during a money crunch, because I wanted the V2 and planned to re-buy it but since then I've obtained a BigSky, Timeline, DIG and DECO so, those along with my Modcan Dual Delay and Roland RSP-550 . . . it seems silly to think about getting the El Cap but . . . I'm pretty silly! hihi Cheesy!
Tumulishroomaroom
I love the tapes sounds but you don't have to crank the wobble and tape age to the max so that it can be pretty subtle too... I love mine and use it on everything pretty much...
In stereo it is simply mind-blowing.
Popski
I bought 2 actually.. Mk1 from way bck when and a new back-up. The lo-fi junky-eqsue setting ( mix 100% time at shortest, max crinkle, flutter and wow) plus the reverb, plus the looper setting make this the most used pedal on my deck. It also trails so beautifully.

one other thing that is a major bonus IMO, is that all the inputs are on the rear side of the pedal. It can nest perfectly next to another strymon, or other pedal with no side jacks. space saver on a travel board.
pushthatbutton
having mine since one or two weeks now.

cant decide if it will stay or go.

on one hand it sounds pretty good and it is quite small on the other hand the secondary functions making it not so hands on and fast as i hoped.

im still learning it downs and ups.
hope it will stay actually - the search for delay should come to an end here.
but i allready think if a second deco would make more sense for me since i have some delays allready.
my deco is married to the main out of my octatrack.
a second deco would be ace for the cue outs...

but i will give the el cap more time.. maybe i fall in love with it afterwards.
pushthatbutton
just for the book:
i will keep the el capistan!
needed a while to find the sweetspot of it, but since then im very happy with it.
de_raaf
nice pedal, although it advertised as going well with line level and so on, it still sounds best if you use it with low level/guitar level and not much more i think
Nick Jackson
best delay i've used. although i may have to invest in a space echo soon for some LEGIT tape sound!
pushthatbutton
honeymoontime is over i would say.
el cap is ace!
i dont agree that its sounding this revolutionary good.
but nothing to complain about how it sounds either.
it sounds superb for a digital tape pedal!
what makes the magic is really the playability. amazing hands on!
i have it after the main out of my octatrack before a deco.
crazy good combination el cap and deco.
good job strymon!
anarchy4bits
+1 for el cap before deco. have it in the same order. awesome pedals.
esotericmetal
I've also been using an el cap into a deco (on an electric piano) and t sounds great, especially with the deco in super wide stereo mode. Been thinking about switching it around though, or adding a reverb at the end as i like to use the deco for distortion and that tends to eat up the reverb on the el cap a little too much depending on what I'm going for.

Let's not forget about the SOS mode either. This little guy is a beast and I don't think there's another pedal that does all that it can do in a small package.
durwin
It's the best degrading looper going around - nothing else on the market can change and slowly manipulate your sound into a beautiful mess!

......and a great delay seriously, i just don't get it MY ASS IS BLEEDING
bougie
have a mk1 since when they came out, still using it everyday. thinking of picking a mk2 for the stereo in and soft-clickless switches (for desktop use). hihi

love running stuff through it with 100%wet, delay time at 0 to get wow and flutter and tape saturation in real-time. then use the delay time knob to make things drift.
Tumulishroomaroom
The stereo is mind-blowing. I used it for 6months in mono because I didn't realize you needed a proper split cable but once I finally bought it my life changed.
tronbeardsley
bougie wrote:
love running stuff through it with 100%wet, delay time at 0 to get wow and flutter and tape saturation in real-time. then use the delay time knob to make things drift.

I've been meaning to pick up a favorite switch just for this setting. Although not as versatile, it's a good alternative to shelling out for a Lo-fi Junky or Warped Vinyl for the warble effect.
durwin
bougie wrote:
have a mk1 since when they came out, still using it everyday. thinking of picking a mk2 for the stereo in and soft-clickless switches (for desktop use). hihi

This ^^
kbithecrowing
durwin wrote:
It's the best degrading looper going around - nothing else on the market can change and slowly manipulate your sound into a beautiful mess!

Agreed, the sos mode is the real star of this pedal in my eyes, especially in conjunction with another looper. And a subtle slapback in stereo gives whatever you put through it a wonderful stereo spread.
esotericmetal
Personally I think it shines way more as an effect for keyboards/synths or as an outboard effect for mixing. A lot of the amazing nuances can really get lost when running into the front of a guitar amp. I keep wanting to sell all my unused pedals and put the money into eurorack modules, but I can't bring myself to sell this one, or any of my Strymon pedals for that matter.
anarchy4bits
esotericmetal wrote:
Personally I think it shines way more as an effect for keyboards/synths or as an outboard effect for mixing. A lot of the amazing nuances can really get lost when running into the front of a guitar amp. I keep wanting to sell all my unused pedals and put the money into eurorack modules, but I can't bring myself to sell this one, or any of my Strymon pedals for that matter.

I think it depends on the amp. If you go in a very clean amp like a fender tube amp or a roland jazz chorus you don't lost much of that nice nuances. Also the signal flow, how much and which other pedals you use before and after will change the sound. I love it for guitar also with amps.
folpon
Wow, this thread is making me want to enable the stereo mode on my deco...
Tumulishroomaroom
You definitely should. I took me 6months but then you can't go back. Incredible.
durwin
kbithecrowing wrote:
durwin wrote:

Agreed, the sos mode is the real star of this pedal in my eyes, especially in conjunction with another looper. And a subtle slapback in stereo gives whatever you put through it a wonderful stereo spread.

Ah yes, another looper post is a great idea.....or pre for that matter! And the stereo really is special. Just nudges it to either side to let the centre shine.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2