MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Folktek Mescaline is live on Indiegogo!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Folktek Mescaline is live on Indiegogo!
Ruiner
Don't know if i should put this here, the synth thread or general gear so feel free to move it but this can integrate into a eurorack so placing it here.....

Anyways.. been waiting for this!! Early bird price is SUPER nice too!

GO GO GO GO... buy, ask questions later

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/folktek-mescaline-3-part-synthesis- and-sequencing/x/10025398#/

Mescaline is a synth design by Folktek which merges art, design and synthesis into a tool which encourages exploration and experimentation in sound. A synthesizer system with a different approach which works standalone or within the eurorack modular system. (more on the indiegogo page)

I've been watching the videos all day waiting and just got the copper version.
talfred
I went for a silver one, even though I can't really afford it. Great price, $400 for the first 100 units. In two hours the first batch will be gone..
Ruiner
talfred wrote:
I went for a silver one, even though I can't really afford it. Great price, $400 for the first 100 units. In two hours the first batch will be gone..

Yeah, with a $700 street price and priced well below dealer cost you really can't beat that!
starthief
Hmmm. It's cool and that seems like a nice price for the whole thing, but I'm really not sure I understand some of what's going on here. Overall it seems like its strongest aspects wouldn't fit well with my workflow.

The optocoupler stuff, for instance -- what's going on with that? How is this different from using CV? Can the small patch points (as opposed to the Euro ones) work well with something like Kastle, Bitranger, Olegtron*4060 etc.?

I really want to see some demos of Mental and Channel as individual modules -- Mental doing drums, Mental doing drones or as part of a synth voice, some example applications for the breadboard. Channel played manually, sequenced (if that's even possible without Motion?), and processing external audio.

I also think a one-part frame option might be useful.
blinosynth
wow i love this things!

but it looks a bit fragile

and i dont like those litle cable with in/out hmmm.....
Futuresound
To my great surprise I went for a copper one over silver.
Drakhe
Pledged, and wowza, this thing took off like a rocket, already 125% funded in the first couple of hours!!!
Infinity Curve
Thanks for posting this. Just backed for a copper system, couldn't pass it up at that price. Looks really cool, and right up my alley sound wise
julien
Mescaline Copper ordered cool
Ruiner
Supposedly the sounds are based on the Folktek Matter module but a whole different world of functionality and exploration here
Futuresound
That was fast, early birds are gone.
nickbaba
[/img]
nickbaba
Only kidding. Mescaline Copper ordered.
___tomk
Picked up a silver one. I was going to pull the trigger on a Matter one of these days, but may as well check this out at the early price point.
Fiddlestickz
ok this is very cool..

I wish I had more money... waah
scottmoon
How did I miss this? woah I better grab one in the next tier.
Tropic Al
As a Matter owner, I was interested in this, but those pesky mini patchbays has put me off. They're very fragile and not easy to use at all, kinda discourages me from wanting to use it even though I love the sound.
Phil999
it certainly looks cool, in the rack, but the sounds I heard so far are not interesting at all. Which makes me doubt if anything meaningful or musical may ever come out of this project. I hope I'm wrong.
thetechnobear
backed (copper) - even at the $449 tier this is great value.

I'll admit I jumped in, a bit on faith ... as I don't think the videos and description describe very well what this is about.

In particular the 'mental' part with the breadboard section is pretty unique, even if your not an electronics wizard, others users will be able to post small diagrams on how to wire up different ICs and you'll get new behaviour. (and ICs generally cost peanuts)

I also wonder if the channel DSP section is hackable/upgradable after its shipped. e.g. perhaps the extra DSP effects could be added later.

Im pretty excited by this, its a bit of a leap into the unknown, great for exploration.
mr.sibs
sounds great!
Synchronon
Ordered one for the early price. I have Matter and rarely have problems with the small size of the patchpoints. It's a bit tricky sometimes but nothing to seriously worry about (imo). Anyway...I am looking forward to glitchy and drony experiments without end this summer.
Liddlepud
Copper ordered, probably some overlap with my Matter & Conduit but I like the standalone format.
Ruiner
new video added 8 hours ago

Futuresound
Phil999 wrote:
it certainly looks cool, in the rack, but the sounds I heard so far are not interesting at all. Which makes me doubt if anything meaningful or musical may ever come out of this project. I hope I'm wrong.

Heheh, I think that's rather extreme, don't you? It's not about the tools, it's about what you do with them.
Phil999
you are right, what I wrote is too extreme. But still I get the impression this thing is nothing else than a plugin or pure data project with some hardware control. For me, a single MakeNoise 0-Coast offers more.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8