MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Interest check : 208 ToolBox parts kits
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Interest check : 208 ToolBox parts kits
papz
Hi

Weedywhizz and Synthcube will offer parts kits for the 208 ToolBox DIY PCBs.

The parts are very common, no rare or obsolete component but all can't be purchased from a single supplier.

Here's the BOM.

Would you buy a kit ?

Thanks !
muncky
Very probably (if I get my 208 built first!!)
Synesthesia
Response edited to match original question

Thonk has stops 4U in general - it's great for euro stuff - I would prefer it to stay as it is.

I source parts myself for all my builds - and it is the same for a lot of Buchla builders - Kit's aren't available, so we are all used to source.

those faders are the same than for the 296, 248, 208 ...so i buy them occasionally. the more i buy, the better price i get.

I always get my switch cap and pc mount 9mm pots from Tayda. the rest from mouser... and sure - i'll get the edge connector from ebay.

It takes a lot of time to put kit together - so i do understand Thonk's pricing well, and do not dispute this - but it usually price me out.
Synesthesia
I'll even go a step further.

Having Thonk selling Rogan's in those kits will impact weedywhizz.

weedywhizz is the only place in the EU that sells Rogan nowadays, has stocks, sells boats at decent prices.

I 'd say - have weedywhizz sell a set with the edge connector and the rogans - maybe the caps even - and whatever he will agree to do.

I'll always advise Thonk or modular addict for someone looking for euro ( i know there is other shops but these are the one i have had the best experience with )

For Buchla - weedywhizz all the way.
captnapalm
I'd probably be keen to order a kit whether it was from Thonk or Weedywhizz or whomever, mostly because of the sliders. In the US it costs $20 for shipping on the sliders from Farnell, and last time I had awful customer service from them and waited over 2 months for sliders that said they were in stock when I ordered.
ArguZ
+1 for a Weedywizz kit and/or built modules
concretic
definitely.
lumin
I would buy from either.
papz
Hi

Thanks for your replies and suggestions.

Steve @ Thonk suggested Synthcube,I e-mailed him and Weedywhizz.

Actually, any person wanting to offer kits (complete or only sliders-connector-Rogans) to build the ToolBox can do it.
Include the PCBs in the kit should be possible as well. Cheapest tracked shipping actual cost for a set is about 14€, Bpost, the Belgian post, is outrageaously expensive, would be nice to save on shipping. thumbs up

Or if someone wants to manage it, a group buy is a good solution as well.

Here's a BOM, should be complete.
http://www.portabellabz.be/images/ToolBox_BOM.xls
Cobramatic
I'm definitely in for a kit.
I'd prefer to get everything from one supplier (whoever it is) so that there is only one postage charge and one supplier to deal with.
Plus everything comes at the same time so I can quickly get on with it.
w00t
missingtwin
I'm with cobramatic
I'd love to get a kit with all supplies at once.
much more likely for it to materialize on my easel
in a reasonable amount of time.
vanadl138
I too am interested in a kit.
thumbs up
weedywhizz
I will offer my services.

I don't know about the pricing yet for a full / partial kit but I can tell you that shipping via tracked mail will be 8€ to every destination on this planet Mr. Green

Rogans - in stock
Alps faders - ordered
Edge connectors - ordered
Switch caps - ordered
...will continue

Caps and resistors will be parts from Mouser. I usually go for TDK + Nichicon caps and KOA-Speer resistors. Switches will most likely be from NKK.

Changed priced to match Synthcube's. My prices still include 19% VAT which will be deducted for non-EU customer so still cheaper at the end.

A full kit without PCBs will cost 89€ incl. VAT + 8€ shipping (74,79€ EX-VAT)
A full kit including PCBs will cost 180€ + 8€ shipping (151,26€ EX-VAT)

Already added just the sliders to my website, more to come.

I can offer built modules as well but won't do that without Papz permission.

Cheers
Steffen
papz
Great !

Thanks Weedywhizz nanners
Cobramatic
weedywhizz wrote:
I will offer my services.

I don't know about the pricing yet for a full / partial kit but I can tell you that shipping via tracked mail will be 8€ to every destination on this planet Mr. Green

Brilliant - Im in.
Thanks SlayerBadger!
virginsoulcity
Yes. I too am interested in a kit.
Greetings from Germany.

papz wrote:
Hi

Thonk might consider offering parts kits for the 208 ToolBox DIY PCBs if there's enough interest.

The parts are very common, no rare or obsolete component but all can't be purchased from a single supplier.

Here's the BOM.

Would you buy a kit ?

Thanks !
virginsoulcity
Yes. I too am interested in a kit.
Greetings from Germany.

papz wrote:
Hi

Thonk might consider offering parts kits for the 208 ToolBox DIY PCBs if there's enough interest.

Here's the BOM.

Would you buy a kit ?

Thanks !
razzmtazz266
I want one

J
papz
Synthcube will offer kits in US. w00t
confusedmachine
I like the idea of a kit from a single source.
weedywhizz
papz wrote:
Synthcube will offer kits in US. w00t

Well - changed my pricing to match Synthcubes then. Still cheaper for non-EU customers as 19% VAT will be deducted !

Rockin' Banana!
weedywhizz
All parts on the way. Received sliders today.
dan_k
In for a full kit. Actually two, since I think I'm building one for ex_dead_teenager as well.

Thanks all for making this happen!
SlayerBadger!

And, just to echo the sentiment of not having to order parts from different suppliers is great. I would rather pay Synthcube or weedywhiz for the kit than give more money to multiple shipping companies.
weedywhizz
Added kits to my shop. Will be available in 2-3 weeks.
www.weedywhizz.com - Buchla parts section
papz
Here are the build notes.
Feel free to let me know if you think something is unclear or incomplete.
Thanks
http://www.portabellabz.be/images/ToolBox%20build%20notes.pdf
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2