MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Author Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
Bitmud
I do a test run.
It works for me thumbs up

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/317701874" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

thanks!
jkammerl
Cool! Thanks for sharing the sample!
starmandeluxe
I hate to be "that guy" but it seems like the site is now down and I can't get the wav file anymore. Any good souls have an alternative link/dropbox/PM? waah
Tonemod
starmandeluxe wrote:
I hate to be "that guy" but it seems like the site is now down and I can't get the wav file anymore. Any good souls have an alternative link/dropbox/PM? waah

You're not alone. Would love to try out this firmware.
Bitmud
Tonemod wrote:
starmandeluxe wrote:

The download link should work again:

www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/

hf
Bitmud
This is just a tiny sheet for the Kammerl beat repeat effect:

Freeze = On / off
Loop start | Loop size | Pitch

Gain | Loop size modulation | Slice Step | Bend

Tonemod
Bitmud wrote:

hf

Downloaded and installed, thank you.
10 Miles High
I was also confused that the module did not work as expected with 0.3 firmware.

But now, with 0.31 on, everything is just fine Driving

Thanx for the cool effect and for the reverb pre/post fix !!!

10 Mh
starmandeluxe
Bitmud wrote:
Tonemod wrote:
starmandeluxe wrote:

hf

Awesome! It works!! A few thoughts and tips for everyone:

1. I was getting some very audible "click" sounds every single time the beat repeat triggered (either freeze or probability), which made it really annoying and just about unusable. After a few re-installs of the firmware with no luck, I tried re-calibrating the pitch of Clouds per the original manual. Sure enough, that seemed to fix the problem entirely.

2. This is probably true for stock firmware and Parasites, but the install failed a few times until I made sure the input level gave me 3 LEDs instead of 2 during install, and that let it complete all the way.

3. One of the more recent Parasites firmware features was a "quick mode change" function where pressing both load and mode buttons at the same time allowed you to bypass the really annoying 5-second long press. I know people asked for the post-reverb from Parasites, but this quick mode change is even more desirable to retain for me personally. Any chances...?

All in all, thank you so much for this amazing work. This takes my setup to a whole 'nother level Rockin' Banana!
JonathanBedrava
I've played with this some this morning and am really liking the sounds I'm getting out of it. It might be my new favorite Clouds firmware.
JonathanBedrava
Yeah, I'm really digging it.

I whipped this bad boy up this afternoon while messing around with this firmware:

Moderator edit: if you get rid of the 's' in the 'https' the video will embed properly. thumbs up
nectarios
Works here too

mwvm
starmandeluxe
OK I wanted to report more problems after trying out version 0.31 some more.

If I use this for a significant length of time (about 20-30 minutes) and get some really short repeats with the Position and Size knobs at low settings, it causes FM-like pitched oscillations. While that sounds cool, if I do that too much my entire Clouds hangs and just freezes on a high-pitched tone. Nothing works after this and the long-press won't even change modes, so I have to power off.

Unfortunately this renders it unusable for live performance... Anything I might be doing wrong? Anyone else having this issue?

Another strange thing is, when I calibrate with the 1V and 3V, it sets correctly the pitch of the stock Clouds modes, yet for the Kammerl beat repeat it always thinks "neutral" pitch is at 3 o'clock (a quarter turn above default!). No idea what that's all about...

At any rate, I've reverted to Kammerl v0.2 to avoid the feedback hanging the entire module (and the fact that I love that distortion, it's perfect for drums).
cliffemu
^ I've had it freeze up like that once, so you're not the only one.
jkammerl
Thanks for the bug report. I kept the beat repeat mode running for several hours with different settings but wasn't able to reproduce the bug. However, I went over the code and found one potential issue. Could you give this build a try and let me know if it fixes it?
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 032.wav
Thanks!
Bitmud
Hi,
I made a testrun with the revision 0.32.
Works nice so far! thumbs up

For the update I used Ableton Live with 100 BPM and Expert Sleepers ES-3 directly to the Input L of the Clouds module.

I used an old skool jungle beat with 170 Bpm. Have a listen If you like:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/320552209" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Patch notes:

Beat from Ableton via Reaktor Blocks:

hf It's peanut butter jelly time!
jkammerl
Cool! That's a great sample & patch description! Thanks for testing it!
jkammerl
Here's a preview of a new mode I'm currently adding to the firmware. It'll also bring back the "warm distortion" effect.

The Spectral Clouds mode is a high-resolution multiband filter with randomly modulated frequency bands that creates cloud-like frequency spectras.
vonbeak
Will the Spectral Clouds mode be integrated in the beat repeat effect or will it overwrite a stock effect?

*Liking where all of this is going* love
FadingCanvas
jkammerl wrote:
Here's a preview of a new mode I'm currently adding to the firmware. It'll also bring back the "warm distortion" effect.
The Spectral Clouds mode is a high-resolution multiband filter with randomly modulated frequency bands that creates cloud-like frequency spectras.

I hear drone, I hear ambient hihi
starmandeluxe
jkammerl wrote:

Oh my goodness! This is even better! I might be interested to use this instead of the beat repeat for my next live show...since it has the distortion too! Any chance I can get a build to test? hihi
Chopper
Jkammerl is on a roll!!! we're not worthy
jkammerl
Sorry this meant to be a PM.. still learning how to wiggle smile please ignore this post.
dudeman
time to get another clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Page 5 of 18