MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
jkammerl
nectarios wrote:
So here's wavepicker making a melody out of a drum loop.

Loving the stereo image!

Nice! Thanks for sharing.. That sounds much more like wave picking smile

Ah I forgot about the trigger reset you suggested - I'm concerned that it will add mostly clicks since it leads to hard jumps in the wave form but I'll give it a try. Another idea I have for the trigger input is to jump to random positions in the buffer.
nectarios
Is the random position jumping, not going to give clicks? I mean that would also be great for even more randomness, I was thinking about the reseting to give more controllable results...is there a way to implement a software fade of a few samples at the reset?

In any case, loving the FW mate, great job applause
gimber
jkammerl wrote:

Another idea I have for the trigger input is to jump to random positions in the buffer.

Maybe the trigger input could trigger an internal envelope/vca? Not sure where the envelope control would go (just decay would be my vote). That would allow the mode to function as a complete voice.
starmandeluxe
nectarios wrote:

I just moved into a new house with the missus so studio is in boxes and this is a recording through the macbook's onboard line input.

This is great though!

Awesome sounds! I still wonder why mine sounds so clicky though and nobody else seems to have that issue. It's clearly audible in my live video. Maybe it's something to do with my very early serial Clouds model.
donrock
starmandeluxe wrote:

Awesome sounds! I still wonder why mine sounds so clicky though and nobody else seems to have that issue. It's clearly audible in my live video. Maybe it's something to do with my very early serial Clouds model.

I think it might just be down to setting the knobs - mine sounds clicky at times and not clicky at other times. But I'm yet to figure it all out, so I suggest trying to play with the knobs a bit more.
Bitmud
nectarios wrote:
Loadsafun

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/333614768" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

soo glitchy ... like thumbs up
ienraid
ola

just trying this and find it very creative
but i still regret my parasite for the triggered reverb with oliverb.
will there be a firmware with kammerl and parasite ? does anybody can program this with the 2 codes ?
if not wich module can do this on/off reverb ?

second question :
which position of buttons/cv in would make the repeating sound like Tak tak tak taktak tatatatattttttt ? with drum
like in most of the demo video (make me think of autechre)
thanks
Adrien
Emmanuel G.
I've been switching firmwares all day, between parasites, kammerl and original.

for some reason, I think parasite's granular mode doesn't sound nearly as good as the other ones, but it has reverse grains, which is the only thing I do miss in other firmwares (that, and maybe the sync'd delay)

but so far, kammerl FW seems to be my favorite, great job ;D
jwise
nectarios wrote:
So here's wavepicker making a melody out of a drum loop.

Loving the stereo image!

Just needing to keep the props going for Nektar on this test of the Wavepicker FW....
Chopper
jkammerl wrote:
Another idea I have for the trigger input is to jump to random positions in the buffer.

hmmmm... interesting!
Emmanuel G.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXfYxRxnvOk/

got an orchestra hit from my mom32 grin

wavepicker mode, pretty cool !

I was also working on drones, using long envelopes as modulation

(not sure how to post an instagram video)

really great new mode, the wavepicker <3
swhic
had the chance finally to try kammerl. Big Thanks!
Oblivion
Emmanuel G. wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXfYxRxnvOk/

got an orchestra hit from my mom32 grin

Nice, I need to check out that firmware when I have a free day.

Quote:
(not sure how to post an instagram video)

I've not found a way - could only ever link.
Worwell
This firmware is a lot of fun.

Orwell
Worwell wrote:

nice example - thank you.

I'm going to check out the firmware tonight!
Worwell
Orwell wrote:
Worwell wrote:

nice example - thank you.

I'm going to check out the firmware tonight!

Orwell,

Thank you

Worwell
jameswalk
Man I'm still loving the beat-repeat firmware, thank you so much for that! Wavepicker mode looks interesting too, will try that.

Can I add my voice to the others to beseech you to include a version with the oliverb from parasites on the next update ?
adh82
hey, the wavepicker looks amazing!

Having an issue with the download link on mac chrome.

Has the link been taken down?
Oblivion
The link on this page http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/ works fine here (Mac/Chrome).
adh82
Oblivion wrote:
The link on this page http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/ works fine here (Mac/Chrome).

Thanks!
Thins link dosent seem to include the wavepicker as that seems to be in version 0.5
The main link is for v0.42, does that have the wavepicker in it?
Oblivion
Sorry, my misunderstanding. The author has a note earlier upstream to PM for the .5 version. The DL link previously provided for that was deemed temporary and indeed seems gone. That's what I get for trying to be helpful. wink
adh82
cool, ill pm him. Cheers!
Emmanuel G.
adh82 wrote:
hey, the wavepicker looks amazing!

Having an issue with the download link on mac chrome.

Has the link been taken down?

I've dowloaded it only a few days ago, there are actually two links in this thread, for versio .5x

the first link is down, but there is another in one of the following pages, that I used not earlier than last week and that was working, hope it helps
jkammerl
Here's the link to the experimental v05:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05_p1.wav

I haven't put it on my site it since I'm still playing with different knob configurations and settings - let me know what you think!
Oblivion
Thanks. Might check it out tonight or at the very least this weekend. Can't decide if it's good or bad that it doesn't come with the VST artwork. wink
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 10 of 17