MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
nectarios
jkammerl wrote:
Here's the link to the experimental v05:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05_p1.wav

I haven't put it on my site it since I'm still playing with different knob configurations and settings - let me know what you think!

Eager to play with the final version and see what you decide to do (please don't forget there is a trigger input there too Mr. Green )
joakimhellgren
Dope! I'm going to give this a try. I never liked my clouds as much as I like the rest of my system so maybe this will help breathe some new life in to what I otherwise didn't appreciate to the fullest.
High Wolf
jkammerl wrote:
Here's the link to the experimental v05:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05_p1.wav

I haven't put it on my site it since I'm still playing with different knob configurations and settings - let me know what you think!

Is there some kind of manual / explanation for this new mode in this new fw? thanks
gimber
High Wolf wrote:

Is there some kind of manual / explanation for this new mode in this new fw? thanks

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2576291#2576291
jkammerl
gimber wrote:
High Wolf wrote:

See also:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2603963#2603963
xorsister
+1 for integration with parasites, also would be great to have faster switching between modes, like again in parasites
Also I noticed that I get lots of clicks in beat-repeat mode - any way to avoid that, other than switching to 8 bit?
Also, when switching to 8 bit - all audio starts to be 8 bit, even dry - not sure if it's good or bad though smile
So far I find this firmware the best for live performances and huuuuge thanks to its creator!!!
nectarios
xorsister wrote:
+1 for integration with parasites, also would be great to have faster switching between modes, like again in parasites
Also I noticed that I get lots of clicks in beat-repeat mode - any way to avoid that, other than switching to 8 bit?
Also, when switching to 8 bit - all audio starts to be 8 bit, even dry - not sure if it's good or bad though smile
So far I find this firmware the best for live performances and huuuuge thanks to its creator!!!

Can't have this and Parasites not enough space.

This firmware is the one for me too.
I did like reverse grains and mainly looping delay, but I prefer Beat Repeat and Wavepicker is stereo drone heaven!
High Wolf
jkammerl wrote:
gimber wrote:
High Wolf wrote:

See also:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2603963#2603963

Thanks!
donrock
So I have a minor issue with v0.42.
After I installed the kammerl v0.42 on my clouds I did the calibration procedure and although it's not a major problem, here's what happened; before installing, I could turn the pitch knob to exactly half way between the center each way (so to look like either 3:00 or 9:00 on a clock) and it would be either one octave up or one octave down. Now, the octave up/down are misplaced by approximately 1mm further (so like 3:15 and 8:45). As I said it's not a major problem, but it was nice to be able to visually just set the pitch knob to one octave up or down while performing live - now I have to listen to it to fine tune it. It's not a problem for home tweeking, but really useful for live performances.

Would this be fixed if I install v0.5?
High Wolf
donrock wrote:
After I installed the kammerl v0.42 on my clouds I did the calibration procedure and although it's not a major problem, here's what happened; before installing, I could turn the pitch knob to exactly half way between the center each way (so to look like either 3:00 or 9:00 on a clock) and it would be either one octave up or one octave down. Now, the octave up/down are misplaced by approximately 1mm further (so like 3:15 and 8:45). As I said it's not a major problem, but it was nice to be able to visually just set the pitch knob to one octave up or down while performing live - now I have to listen to it to fine tune it. It's not a problem for home tweeking, but really useful for live performances.

Maybe you sent wrong or not super accurate voltage during calibration?
donrock
High Wolf wrote:
donrock wrote:

I believe the voltage was accurate - I calibrated it with the moog multipedal, which shows the exact voltage on the screen. That is, unless the acutal voltage coming out of the pedal was different than what it said on the screen.
nectarios
It does sound like something other than 1V and 3V where sent during calibration.

I've had mine with the pitch knob at centre, be one octave higher during calibration when I was trying to figure out the V sent from the A-190-4.

When I got the right octave, the pitch at the centre, spa out the same octave that was in the input.
xorsister
A bit off topic question - is it possible in regular granular clouds mode to have zero pre delay? Like if the position knob is fully anticlockwise and mix is 50% wet - it plays somewhat in sync with a dry input signal? Or there's hardware limitations to it?
It will be amazing for live setup and triggered trance gate-ish pitch shifted heaven! screaming goo yo

Back to topic - I noticed that in beat repeat mode my pitch knob have more than octave range, like octave and a half (is it right?) and pitch cv is really messed up - it doesn't follow the keyboard, and going up actually pitches it down. I recalibrated the module several times with an analog four but no luck so far... Dead Banana
starmandeluxe
xorsister wrote:
A bit off topic question - is it possible in regular granular clouds mode to have zero pre delay? Like if the position knob is fully anticlockwise and mix is 50% wet - it plays somewhat in sync with a dry input signal? Or there's hardware limitations to it?
It will be amazing for live setup and triggered trance gate-ish pitch shifted heaven! screaming goo yo

Back to topic - I noticed that in beat repeat mode my pitch knob have more than octave range, like octave and a half (is it right?) and pitch cv is really messed up - it doesn't follow the keyboard, and going up actually pitches it down. I recalibrated the module several times with an analog four but no luck so far... Dead Banana

For the pitch question, I think if you read his spec he says that it only pitches down (fully CW is normal pitch). So I wouldn't expect it to follow your keyboard.
starmandeluxe
xorsister wrote:

I asked for the faster switching as well a while back, and it was actually implemented in one of the older versions of this firmware, but he reverted it to the stock switching mode because it overrode the way to enter calibration mode. I would still love to have this back since it's wayyy better for live performances...

As for the clicking, yeah I still get it, but I noticed it happens on input that is bass-heavy. Applying a high pass filter before going into the Clouds seems to remove most of the clicking (no idea why, though). Obviously this would require you to provide your own bass separately, so it's not ideal.
donrock
If there isn't enough space for integration of both parasites and kammerl, I'd gladly do away with looping delay and pitch shifter modes to be able to have either the original or parasites' clouds mode, kammerl's beat repeat and wavepicker, and resonestor and oliverb from parasites. If there's still enough space, also the spectral clouds mode.
starmandeluxe
donrock wrote:
If there isn't enough space for integration of both parasites and kammerl, I'd gladly do away with looping delay and pitch shifter modes to be able to have either the original or parasites' clouds mode, kammerl's beat repeat and wavepicker, and resonestor and oliverb from parasites. If there's still enough space, also the spectral clouds mode.

Actually I suggested to jkammerl the idea of creating a "best of" firmware, with all of our favorite functions into one. This would allow us to not have to purchase multiple Clouds hihi For example combining beat repeat with his wonderful warm distortion and reverb, and using one of the knobs for the low/high pass filter. This would really make the ultimate "DJ" mode IMO.

He said that he likes creating new firmware instead of modifying/rearranging old stuff, which is perfectly reasonable. It would be very interesting if someone is up to the challenge of combining everything though (and sacrificing stuff we don't use much).
donrock
starmandeluxe wrote:

Actually I suggested to jkammerl the idea of creating a "best of" firmware.

Man, if someone has the time and knowledge to do this, a best-of firmware would be amazing!
nectarios
donrock wrote:

That would be great, I would defo keep original Granular, Parasites Looping Delay, Beat Repeat, Wavepicker and I need to check out Spectral Clouds too, but Spectral Madness I like from original FW.

I don't care for Resonestor or Oliverb personally.
jkammerl
donrock wrote:
High Wolf wrote:
donrock wrote:

I believe the voltage was accurate - I calibrated it with the moog multipedal, which shows the exact voltage on the screen. That is, unless the acutal voltage coming out of the pedal was different than what it said on the screen.

+1 I don't think I touched any calibration related code. I also assume that your input voltages might have been inaccurate.
jkammerl
nectarios wrote:
donrock wrote:

That would be great, I would defo keep original Granular, Parasites Looping Delay, Beat Repeat, Wavepicker and I need to check out Spectral Clouds too, but Spectral Madness I like from original FW.

I think it's challenging to agree on a best-of configuration - everybody has different preferences and wishes. In my limited time, I prefer to experiment with new effects and ideas which makes integrating the parasites firmware less of a priority. However, the firmware is open sourced and I'd be happy to answer any questions about the code if someone is interested in working on a combined firmware port.

In the meantime, I think everybody should buy a second Clouds module to support MI and their fantastic products smile
nectarios
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:
donrock wrote:

I think it's challenging to agree on a best-of configuration - everybody has different preferences and wishes. In my limited time, I prefer to experiment with new effects and ideas which makes integrating the parasites firmware less of a priority. However, the firmware is open sourced and I'd be happy to answer any questions about the code if someone is interested in working on a combined firmware port.

In the meantime, I think everybody should buy a second Clouds module to support MI and their fantastic products smile

That was just wishful thinking on my part, but to be honest new things is the way to go.

Kammerl is the FW my Clouds is at and its staying there.
th0mas
triple-edit, ignore me for now smile Dead Banana
starmandeluxe
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:
donrock wrote:

Definitely everyone should buy more Mutable modules! But for me it's less of an issue with supporting them, but more of a space/weight issue for me. I hand carry my case to gigs and it's about an hour of walking or more each time, so I am constantly keeping my live setup as minimal as possible so I don't break my arm lol

Two Clouds, though, would be insanely powerful we're not worthy

Yeah it's too difficult to satisfy everyone with a perfect firmware, so the best bet would be to hack away at it yourself.
th0mas
I just read the whole thread to find the source of the "not enough space" fact.

ITS FAKE NEWS EVERYONE

(I think)

I've got a build of parasites + kammerl beat-repeat. It builds, but I finished late last night and have not tested it whatsoever. It's likely missing some of the tweaks added by jkammerl, and I did not bring in the "spectral clouds mode" whatsoever.

https://github.com/mqtthiqs/parasites/compare/master...boourns:master

this is TOTALLY UNTESTED and I likely forgot something obvious like the ability to access this mode, so i am suspecting it'll crash when tried and need a bit more work.

However the .hex file is only 465762 bytes so I'm pretty sure we're fine for space. When I went over size while building my sample player for Peaks DMC the build (or conversion to wav) failed due to being oversize.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 11 of 17