MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
Funky40
th0mas wrote:
We good. It fits.

Demo video. I walk through all the parasites modes including Kammerl.

Pull request is open now on parasites repository to start getting feedback, but it's not quite done. Reverb is still enabled and I think there's a few things missing from 0.31 still.

https://github.com/mqtthiqs/parasites/pull/1

i insatalled this one. Had to because i need the original fisrt mode in parasites version ( original isn´t able to do what i need my clouds for)

has anybody a list of the modes for this FW please ? i´m to dumb / to unfamiliar with other cloud modes in the meantime
and: that mode where the first two plus the last LED are lit is doing nothing here . ??
i even can´t make out for shure which one ´s the Kammerl mode in this software.
kammerl is not the latest version in this FW ?
th0mas
Funky40 wrote:

i insatalled this one. Had to because i need the original fisrt mode in parasites version ( original isn´t able to do what i need my clouds for)

has anybody a list of the modes for this FW please ? i´m to dumb / to unfamiliar with other cloud modes in the meantime
and: that mode where the first two plus the last LED are lit is doing nothing here . ??
i even can´t make out for shure which one ´s the Kammerl mode in this software.
kammerl is not the latest version in this FW ?

Kammerl is the last mode in this version of the firmware, which is the first two plus last LED. Not sure why for you it isn't doing nothing but it's likely one of the blend parameters.

It is not the latest version of the Kammerl FW. After the PR was rejected I didn't work any more on trying to merge the two firmwares together and eventually sold my clouds. I did try to merge my favorite Parasites modes on top of the Kammerl firmware but couldn't get it to fit in flash.
Funky40
th0mas wrote:

Kammerl is the last mode in this version of the firmware, which is the first two plus last LED. Not sure why for you it isn't doing nothing but it's likely one of the blend parameters.

This is good info, thank you th0mas

just got the new faceplate. will install it later and check.
superb Job on the faceplate. Will pair well with the DLD,
.........not only optically, hehe.
joebauer
Funky40 wrote:
Will pair well with the DLD,
.........not only optically, hehe.

Absolutely. I love running my DLD with the Kammerl firmware. Depending on what you're going for, I've found it fun to have the clock out of one of the loops on the DLD go into the clock in of clouds. Then on the DLD modulate the time for that loop and you get some wacky synched goodness. smile

BTW, glad you like the panel. Thanks for the compliments smile
cptnal
Bitmud wrote:
Gripp wrote:
Bitmud wrote:
The beat repeat effect is still ace, but I can't find a good sound with the spectral clouds effect.

It is maybe to 'low-fi' for me.
Maybe the resonance peaks are to high... I don't know. hmmm.....

Maybe too lofi too for you, but I have just gotten another absolute fave patch using spectral clouds for the first time today: In the feedback loop of a spring reverb. The spring easily resonates and oscillates at multiple frequencies, ever changing with the cloud. To me a thing of beauty.
I have used my cwejman QMMF-4 for this before but spectral clouds works even better for my tastes.

Do you have a sound example?
I really don't know what's wrong with my clouds. waah

I recorded a snipped of the 'harsh' sound that I mean.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/322008524" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Did this sounds normal to you?

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of the noise issue?

I thought something weird was going on with the other modes and I tried reinstalling/recalibrating to no avail. Tried different cases, same thing. Ended up going back to the stock firmware and now it's full of noise too! Well, Spectral Madness sounds OK but Looping Delay is unusable. And I'm not sure whether the high pitched grains were there in the original granular mode, but TBH it's been so long since I had an un-firmwared Clouds I've forgotten what it's supposed to sound like.

Any of this sound familiar to anyone? seriously, i just don't get it
sokoleski
does anyone know the status of this one..

Still v0.5 the latest version?
dhoinjo
Quote:

0.5? I thought 0.42 was the latest?
nectarios
dhoinjo wrote:
Quote:

v05_p1 includes the Wavepicker mode. This is the one I have and this is the firmware my factory Clouds will stay with.
Chopper
Wait, where do you guys get the 0.5 from?? It isn't on the Kammerl website (or i just didn't pay attention well enough...). Thanks!
dhoinjo
interested too. Wasn't that 5.0 still in beta? If not: anybody have a link?
jkammerl
Here's the link:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05_p1.wav
Instructions for the new Wave Picker mode are somewhere in this long thread smile

It's still in beta since I have some ideas how to extent the Wave Picker mode that I'd like to try first.
dhoinjo
ok. Thanks!
sokoleski
Yes, then it's the one i'll be installing!

The first three are standard ones, but with v.0.5 there are an additional 3 modes, SPECTRAL CLOUDS , BEAT REPEAT and WAVE PICKER right !?
How are they setup in the algo's chooser?

1. (First LED lit) Granular processor (normal operation).
2. (Second LED lit) Pitch shifter/time-stretcher.
3. (Third LED lit) Looping delay.
4. (Fourth LED lit) SPECTRAL CLOUDS
5. ?
6. ?

Many thanks in advance /M
nectarios wrote:
dhoinjo wrote:
Quote:

v05_p1 includes the Wavepicker mode. This is the one I have and this is the firmware my factory Clouds will stay with.

------

No worries, found the missing blanks here It's peanut butter jelly time!

http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/
jkammerl
Resurfacing this post..

jkammerl wrote:
I prototyped a new mode called: WavePicker. It's a wavetable-based two-voice oscillator that picks wave forms directly from Clouds recording buffer

Here's a temporary download link:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05.wav

Since its behavior is much more chaotic (depends on the input wave form), I'm not sure yet if this new mode is a good addition to the firmware. It would be great to hear your feedback before I officially add it to the release. What do you think?

This is how it works:

Select the mode: All but the first LED lit

These are the controls:
Position -> Position in recording buffer
Size -> Sample loop size
Pitch -> Pitch (can be 1V/Oct controlled)
Density -> Volume of second voice (same waveform)
Texture -> Relative pitch of second oscillator (mid position -> same pitch)

In addition of being an oscillator, it generates interesting sounds on beats/transients:

ps. do you have any samples of the spectral clouds mode? I haven't seen many in public.
villeRMD
Is there going to be future any updates on this in near future, contemplating on getting another clouds just for Kammerl beat OS + Kammerl frontplate. thumbs up
jkammerl
After 4 iterations on the best repeat mode, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm not planning to apply bigger changes to it.
Lineofcontrol
jkammerl wrote:
Resurfacing this post..

jkammerl wrote:
I prototyped a new mode called: WavePicker. It's a wavetable-based two-voice oscillator that picks wave forms directly from Clouds recording buffer

Here's a temporary download link:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05.wav

Since its behavior is much more chaotic (depends on the input wave form), I'm not sure yet if this new mode is a good addition to the firmware. It would be great to hear your feedback before I officially add it to the release. What do you think?

This is how it works:

These are the controls:
Size -> Sample loop size

In addition of being an oscillator, it generates interesting sounds on beats/transients:

ps. do you have any samples of the spectral clouds mode? I haven't seen many in public.

404 not found. Is your website down???
jkammerl
This is the correct link (see previous post) http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05_p1.wav
villeRMD
Excellent work gentlemen, you have done superb job with the alternative modes thumbs up
Chopper
Thanks again!
th0mas
villeRMD wrote:
Excellent work gentlemen, you have done superb job with the alternative modes thumbs up

gentleman, it's only Julius who is innovating here.. I just crammed his code into the parasites code once and then abandoned it after it didn't get merged.
L.C.O.
jkammerl wrote:
This is the correct link (see previous post) http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05_p1.wav

Is there any documentation/manual for the latest version?

I have to admit that I got a little lost in what is what...

A simple rundown of the modes and knob/function assignments would be very helpful and much appreciated.

Thank you for your awesome work!
joebauer
WHAT?! How did I miss this? Julius, you're going to make me get not just a second, but now a third clouds?! wink Seriously, though, this mode looks like it has a ton of potential. I'll have to download it and try it out.

I watched the video and love the mangling it was doing. But I was wondering if you turn the size knob all the way to the left would it set the size to a single cycle, turning Clouds into more of a classic wavetable VCO? Then the position knob would be like scrubbing through the "table"? And the pitch knob essentially becomes a tune knob for the pitch CV coming in? Or do I completely misunderstand the intention? Because if it could slide in and out of that sort of classic wavetable VCO style and what you posted on the video I'd go bonkers.

jkammerl wrote:
Resurfacing this post..

jkammerl wrote:

This is how it works:

These are the controls:
Size -> Sample loop size

jkammerl
joebauer wrote:

I watched the video and love the mangling it was doing. But I was wondering if you turn the size knob all the way to the left would it set the size to a single cycle, turning Clouds into more of a classic wavetable VCO? Then the position knob would be like scrubbing through the "table"? And the pitch knob essentially becomes a tune knob for the pitch CV coming in? Or do I completely misunderstand the intention? Because if it could slide in and out of that sort of classic wavetable VCO style and what you posted on the video I'd go bonkers.

Good guess smile That's exactly what this mode is doing, freely picking waveforms from the Clouds sample buffer and using them as VCO. I'd love to get your feedback (also on knob assignment, etc.) and iterate on it before adding it officially to the firmware. Note that based on some feedback I got from other users, I separated the two VCO voices which are now separately output on L/R.
joebauer
jkammerl wrote:
Good guess smile That's exactly what this mode is doing, freely picking waveforms from the Clouds sample buffer and using them as VCO. I'd love to get your feedback (also on knob assignment, etc.) and iterate on it before adding it officially to the firmware. Note that based on some feedback I got from other users, I separated the two VCO voices which are now separately output on L/R.

YES!! SlayerBadger! w00t applause nanners thumbs up applause

I'll get it on my Clouds ASAP and get back to you.

edit: messed up the quote...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 15 of 17