MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
Richard Devine
My friend Julius created a alternative firmware for the Mutable Instruments’ Clouds which enables real-time slicing / beat-repeat features ported from the Kammerl Kaske VST plugin suite

Download it free from here:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/

video audio preview: Kammerl Clouds Video example
Hidden_Path
SlayerBadger!
fnordboy
love love

I need a Clouds running this.
cliffemu
Thanks for sharing. Is this going into your live setup or are you still using parasites?
ignatius
dope! thanks for sharing and thanks to kammerl... i've long been a fan of the plug ins.
cityz3n
Sounds great!
Thanks for posting and kammerl for making it possible.
Can't wait to try it out
southberry
Can't wait to try it soon ! (and that someone makes a parasites + kammerl firmware smile
Timmy
Pre-amble: This is not a criticism, just a question.

Am I correct in thinking that this alt-firmware isn't open-source? I couldn't see any mention of source code availability, and I couldn't spot any source code for it on the author's GitHub account: https://github.com/jkammerl

The MIT license under which Olivier Gillet releases the source code for his digital modules doesn't require alternative firmware such as this, which is derived from Olivier's code, to be released under the same or another open-source license, and thus there is no imperative to make the source code for this alt firmware available.

The only requirement stipulated by the MIT license is to include a copy of the copyright notice and the license permission notice with every copy of any software derived from the original code.

If the derived code is also released under the same or another open-source license, then the copyright and permission notices are usually just displayed in the source code. But in the case of a proprietary, non-open-source, compiled binary-only distribution, as appears to be the case with this alt firmware, then the author must find some other way of meeting the MIT license requirements - usually by displaying the notices on the web page used to distribute or promote the software. It may be that that requirement may not have been met - but if so, that is easily remedied by just adding the required notices to the web page for the firmware.

Sorry to be pedantic, but strict compliance with open-source licensing requirements matters, or at least it does to those involved in writing open-source code.
justin3am
Now I need a front panel for clouds featuring naked people with animal heads! hyper
TommyRaddcliff
has anyone installed it?

i have issues when i turn up the WARM DISTORTION option.
clouds starts to freeze. cant change anything until i turn down the WARM DISTORTION blend.

do i need to reinstall?

adding...if i sintall with a slightly higher vol [2 green, 1 ever so slightly yellow LED], the WARM DISTORTION werks, but SLICE PROBABILITY, turned up, causes mad clipping now.

any direction on the best settings to get this sounding good would be great.
of get lots of clipping. [gain is only half way LEDs are only 2 green].

im using an A4 to calibrate. what should the range on for the pitch variation be like? i goes from mega deep to almost buzzing when its high. the voltage readout from the A4 is 1v to 3v when im calibrating

thanks
Zymos
I highly doubt that the volume you use to play in the FW can make it function differently- it's either going to load, or it's not.
cliffemu
I installed and tried it out. No problems. It's really great for glitch. I'm very happy smile Much thanks to Kammerl!!!!
jkammerl
Timmy@:
Thanks for pointing this out, Timmy. I added a license notice with Olivier Gillet' MIT license next to the download links.

TommyRaddcliff@:
I'm not sure why you experience distortion. Did you try disabling the feedback parameter? I don't think it is a calibration issue. Anyways, I'll try to add some more parameter bound checks to the distortion in the next update.
Chopper
my favourite plugins for years, as a firmware in my favourite module...
MY ASS IS BLEEDING
jenz
southberry wrote:
Can't wait to try it soon ! (and that someone makes a parasites + kammerl firmware smile

+10000
chriscarter
Are there any other places to download this?
I keep getting a Google error message "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently... come back in 24 hours"
flts
Timmy wrote:
The only requirement stipulated by the MIT license is to include a copy of the copyright notice and the license permission notice with every copy of any software derived from the original code.
It may be that that requirement may not have been met - but if so, that is easily remedied by just adding the required notices to the web page for the firmware.

I am not sure if the webpage was modified to include the license after you notified about it or if it was there before - but the "Installation" section includes a link to http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/NOTICE.txt so that appears to be in order now.
moofi
Yes, this would be very pleasing, if possible.

jenz wrote:
southberry wrote:

+10000
mattonyx
Could somebody who has downloaded the wav please share? I keep getting this message:

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Thanks!
Liddlepud
mattonyx wrote:
Could somebody who has downloaded the wav please share? I keep getting this message:

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Thanks!

Same here
Tropic Al
Liddlepud wrote:
mattonyx wrote:

Thanks!

Same here

Yep me too, if anyone can post a working link that would be awesome!
High Wolf
I've downloaded the file just right now with no problem
chriscarter
Just tried again... still getting this!

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time."
md1frejo
does this need recalibration after installation as parasites does?
desolationjones
md1frejo wrote:
does this need recalibration after installation as parasites does?

Yes. Always recalibrate when switching firmware on Clouds.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13