MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Author Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
BlackDoors
Chopper wrote:
BlackDoors wrote:
jkammerl wrote:
Does anyone feel strongly against moving the reverb processing POST blend? I'd prefer keeping the original modes untouched but if that's everybody's wish, I can do it.

Yes!

I think this is immensely useful for all stock and parasites clouds modes, because clouds works brilliantly this way to provide subtle sonic 'sprinkles' PLUS the 'main' reverb on the dry sound, gluing the wet and dry together and avoiding the need for a separate reverb. Of course, the fact that the reverb has a great character means it can be used as a reverb without sprinkles as well.

John

i believe he is mentioning the way the reverb is implemented, not getting rid of it. the point is about standard firmware (reverb pre-blend) VS parasite (reverb post-blend)

I appreciate this, the way it is implemented on Parasites (post blend) is a lot better for the way I like to use clouds on all modes, just makes more sonic sense to me.

So post blend reverb on all clouds modes (including the stock ones) is a more useful way for any alternate firmware to go if you ask me.

John
jkammerl
Voila, here comes the v0.3 update:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/

What's new?
- It adds an alternating loop mode
- It adds reverse slice playback (as a new pitch mode)
- It brings back the feedback effect (from v0.1) which replaces the current warm distortion effect.
- Reverb in regular cloud modes is applied post dry/wet to affect the dry signal
- Bug fixes: CV control of Blend parameter

After I discovered what crazy lazer guns the feedback effect generates when being combined with low pitch playback on drum sounds, I had to replace current warm distortion effect with it smile

Have fun with the new release! And please share your feedback & videos of your slicer sessions smile
tromasom
jkammerl wrote:

- Reverb in regular cloud modes is applied post dry/wet to affect the dry signal

Sweet, that's what I was waiting for! It's the one Parasites feature I wasn't ready to give up.

Really looking forward to checking this out now.
hyena
ooooh! now it is very nice! the slice selection works very well!
thanks for this! still don't know if i can live without the parasite features but i'm definitely giving this a thorough try!!!
chopping up breaks is real fun now!
Chopper
As far as i am concerned, THAT'S THE ONE!!! thanks again a million times for this, the reverb post, and all... simply brilliant.
BlackDoors
Many many thanks! Can't wait to try!
John
cosmikwolf
+1 for parasites + kammerl in one firmware!
Gripp
This one is fun, many thanks!

Haven't played it so much that I know it yet but, am I just not wiggling right or is the wet/dry blend function in the granular mode not working?
Can't get a wet/dry response but all other three blend functions seem to work ok. I'm on v0.3.
CopperHydra
...wonder if there will ever be a Clouds panel made with the GUI background from the vst...
huron
Damn it, now I need a 2nd Clouds!
jwise
cosmikwolf wrote:

Is there any chance of something like this happening?
mharpum
Gripp wrote:
This one is fun, many thanks!

Haven't played it so much that I know it yet but, am I just not wiggling right or is the wet/dry blend function in the granular mode not working?
Can't get a wet/dry response but all other three blend functions seem to work ok. I'm on v0.3.

Is freeze enabled?
huron
Also, alternate panel with naked bodies with animal heads holding instruments. +1
Gripp
mharpum wrote:
Is freeze enabled?

Good troubleshooting tip! Could absolutely seriously have been something like that.
But, no. Been running it without any external modulation and now after some play and trying out all the original non-beat slicer modes again, I find the same behaviour in any of them. Feedback, filters, reverbs and the like works when assigned to the blend knob but not wet/dry, ie the first blend knob function. I don't get any dry signal through and I can't really hear much happening at all.

Hey, maybe that's a result of how the reverb on dry works somehow?
Can't remember if I've tried wiggling wet/dry with reverb up a bit.
Back to the lab!
jkammerl
Gripp wrote:

Good catch! I think this is a bug I introduced when moving the reverb post the dry/wet mix. I'll try to fix it soon.
GryphonP3
Phrnomenal!! Now to build a second clouds..
jameswalk
Amazing, such great fun. Would be perfect if it could be used with parasites.
Gripp
jkammerl wrote:
Good catch! I think this is a bug I introduced when moving the reverb post the dry/wet mix. I'll try to fix it soon.

Thanks again! As said, the beat-slicer is just plain fun!
I've been using Clouds in my guitar rig a lot lately and in a number of different ways. In the fx-loop, multi amp scenarios (w/d and w/d/w) and in front of the amps. For some of them I need an on board wet/dry function while for others not. Haven't finalized what setup I'm going to use yet. All have pros and cons of course.
mazzyboy
jwise wrote:
cosmikwolf wrote:

Is there any chance of something like this happening?

Also very interested in this! (And don't think I'm the only one!)
Jkammerl, could you comment on whether this might be in the plans for the future, or do you plan to keep this as a separate firmware? Or indeed, if it is even possible?
jkammerl
I just released an update v0.31 that fixes the dry/wet control in the regular cloud modes. You can download it here:
jkammerl
Regarding a paracites integration:
I *think* this should be possible - I don't see any general issues other than a potential lack of free memory in paracites (Matthias Perch?).

Anyways, I just published the source code on github. I encourage everybody to play with it and of course merge it with paracites if you'd like.
https://github.com/jkammerl/eurorack

Hacking away clouds has been a lot of fun. Thanks Olivier Gillet for creating such an awesome product.

ps. please share more videos of your slicing sessions smile
mazzyboy
jkammerl wrote:
Regarding a paracites integration:
I *think* this should be possible - I don't see any general issues other than a potential lack of free memory in paracites (Matthias Perch?).

Anyways, I just published the source code on github. I encourage everybody to play with it and of course merge it with paracites if you'd like.
https://github.com/jkammerl/eurorack

Hacking away clouds has been a lot of fun. Thanks Olivier Gillet for creating such an awesome product.

ps. please share more videos of your slicing sessions smile

This is really promising news! Thank you so much!
aroom
jkammerl wrote:
Anyways, I just published the source code on github.

Thanks! thumbs up
Gripp
jkammerl wrote:
I just released an update v0.31 that fixes the dry/wet control in the regular cloud modes. You can download it here:

Perfect thumbs up Works just as expected.
Andrew108
I really like this...especially the quality of the reverb. I can't quite remember what it was like in the original firmware, but in this firmware I have a dry signal going only into the reverb and it sounds fantastic. I mean really better than I remember. Plus the slicing/beat repeating and so on...very nice.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Page 4 of 18