MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Kammerl Beat-Repeat Effect for Clouds
Richard Devine
My friend Julius created a alternative firmware for the Mutable Instruments’ Clouds which enables real-time slicing / beat-repeat features ported from the Kammerl Kaske VST plugin suite

Download it free from here:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/

video audio preview: Kammerl Clouds Video example
Hidden_Path
SlayerBadger!
fnordboy
love love

I need a Clouds running this.
cliffemu
Thanks for sharing. Is this going into your live setup or are you still using parasites?
ignatius
dope! thanks for sharing and thanks to kammerl... i've long been a fan of the plug ins.
cityz3n
Sounds great!
Thanks for posting and kammerl for making it possible.
Can't wait to try it out
southberry
Can't wait to try it soon ! (and that someone makes a parasites + kammerl firmware smile
Timmy
Pre-amble: This is not a criticism, just a question.

Am I correct in thinking that this alt-firmware isn't open-source? I couldn't see any mention of source code availability, and I couldn't spot any source code for it on the author's GitHub account: https://github.com/jkammerl

The MIT license under which Olivier Gillet releases the source code for his digital modules doesn't require alternative firmware such as this, which is derived from Olivier's code, to be released under the same or another open-source license, and thus there is no imperative to make the source code for this alt firmware available.

The only requirement stipulated by the MIT license is to include a copy of the copyright notice and the license permission notice with every copy of any software derived from the original code.

If the derived code is also released under the same or another open-source license, then the copyright and permission notices are usually just displayed in the source code. But in the case of a proprietary, non-open-source, compiled binary-only distribution, as appears to be the case with this alt firmware, then the author must find some other way of meeting the MIT license requirements - usually by displaying the notices on the web page used to distribute or promote the software. It may be that that requirement may not have been met - but if so, that is easily remedied by just adding the required notices to the web page for the firmware.

Sorry to be pedantic, but strict compliance with open-source licensing requirements matters, or at least it does to those involved in writing open-source code.
justin3am
Now I need a front panel for clouds featuring naked people with animal heads! hyper
TommyRaddcliff
has anyone installed it?

i have issues when i turn up the WARM DISTORTION option.
clouds starts to freeze. cant change anything until i turn down the WARM DISTORTION blend.

do i need to reinstall?

adding...if i sintall with a slightly higher vol [2 green, 1 ever so slightly yellow LED], the WARM DISTORTION werks, but SLICE PROBABILITY, turned up, causes mad clipping now.

any direction on the best settings to get this sounding good would be great.
of get lots of clipping. [gain is only half way LEDs are only 2 green].

im using an A4 to calibrate. what should the range on for the pitch variation be like? i goes from mega deep to almost buzzing when its high. the voltage readout from the A4 is 1v to 3v when im calibrating

thanks
Zymos
I highly doubt that the volume you use to play in the FW can make it function differently- it's either going to load, or it's not.
cliffemu
I installed and tried it out. No problems. It's really great for glitch. I'm very happy smile Much thanks to Kammerl!!!!
jkammerl
Timmy@:
Thanks for pointing this out, Timmy. I added a license notice with Olivier Gillet' MIT license next to the download links.

TommyRaddcliff@:
I'm not sure why you experience distortion. Did you try disabling the feedback parameter? I don't think it is a calibration issue. Anyways, I'll try to add some more parameter bound checks to the distortion in the next update.
Chopper
my favourite plugins for years, as a firmware in my favourite module...
MY ASS IS BLEEDING
jenz
southberry wrote:
Can't wait to try it soon ! (and that someone makes a parasites + kammerl firmware smile

+10000
chriscarter
Are there any other places to download this?
I keep getting a Google error message "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently... come back in 24 hours"
flts
Timmy wrote:
The only requirement stipulated by the MIT license is to include a copy of the copyright notice and the license permission notice with every copy of any software derived from the original code.
It may be that that requirement may not have been met - but if so, that is easily remedied by just adding the required notices to the web page for the firmware.

I am not sure if the webpage was modified to include the license after you notified about it or if it was there before - but the "Installation" section includes a link to http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/NOTICE.txt so that appears to be in order now.
moofi
Yes, this would be very pleasing, if possible.

jenz wrote:
southberry wrote:

+10000
mattonyx
Could somebody who has downloaded the wav please share? I keep getting this message:

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Thanks!
Liddlepud
mattonyx wrote:
Could somebody who has downloaded the wav please share? I keep getting this message:

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Thanks!

Same here
Tropic Al
Liddlepud wrote:
mattonyx wrote:

Thanks!

Same here

Yep me too, if anyone can post a working link that would be awesome!
High Wolf
I've downloaded the file just right now with no problem
chriscarter
Just tried again... still getting this!

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time."
md1frejo
does this need recalibration after installation as parasites does?
desolationjones
md1frejo wrote:
does this need recalibration after installation as parasites does?

Yes. Always recalibrate when switching firmware on Clouds.
Hovercraft
chriscarter wrote:
Just tried again... still getting this!

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time."

Same problem here.
jkammerl
Apologies, there were too many downloads smile It should work now again!

ps. I'd be great to see how you are using the firmware. If you have any videos, I'd love to see them
Tropic Al
Great thanks! nanners nanners nanners
chriscarter
Super, thanks...
Hovercraft
Thanks! (also for releasing the firmware). I was able to download to google drive, but not directly for some reason. hmmm.....
Zymos
So what's the trick? Just tried, got "quota exceeded".
Hovercraft
Zymos wrote:
So what's the trick? Just tried, got "quota exceeded".

Click on the google drive button.
Zymos
For me, the trick was don't try on an iPad. Was able to DL on my laptop no problem....
Hovercraft
Oh snap--google drive won't let me play or download the file.
jkammerl
Hm.. Try reloading the page. This morning I removed the Google Drive link and copied the firmware to my server.
Hovercraft
jkammerl wrote:
Hm.. Try reloading the page. This morning I removed the Google Drive link and copied the firmware to my server.

That did the trick--thanks!
Ptbarnum
Loaded this up today, lots of fun! Thanks to the programmer Rockin' Banana!
Trigga
will try it out! many thanks!!
Grayzone
kammerl beat repeat try out [video]https://youtu.be/HcTxDlasRpU[/video]
underdone5
I have Parasites firmware now so is it a good idea to download back to clouds firmware before downloading this? Or is it ok to just go ahead and download this with parasites still in there?

Hope this isn't to confusing-

Appreciate any advice,
Thanks-
Worwell
underdone5 wrote:
I have Parasites firmware now so is it a good idea to download back to clouds firmware before downloading this? Or is it ok to just go ahead and download this with parasites still in there?

Hope this isn't to confusing-

Appreciate any advice,
Thanks-

Just install it over the Parasites.

The examples that are popping up on youtube of this new mode look really fun. Can't wait to try it.
underdone5
thanks Worwell- will def give it a go
NewAndImprov
This looks very cool, like what I wanted to get from the Roland Scooper, but working in real time. Don't get me wrong, I like the Scooper a lot, but this looks even cooler.
skyshaver
Grayzone wrote:
kammerl beat repeat try out [video]https://youtu.be/HcTxDlasRpU[/video]

Remove the s in 'https' to get video links to work
jesselucas
Yes! Can't wait to try this!!! Rockin' Banana!
franman69
just gotta find some time.. downloaded and can't wait to try it out!!..
jkammerl
cool, thanks for sharing the video. The distortion at min 3:00 doesn't sound right to me.. this might be a bug - I'll investigate it soon. In general, the feedback parameter can quickly lead to distortion - be careful with it. I'm considering removing the feedback parameter and replacing it with a slice selection parameter to access/jump between previously recorded slices in memory (in real-time). Let me know what you think.

Here's another fun session I found on YT:

TommyRaddcliff
jkammerl wrote:
cool, thanks for sharing the video. The distortion at min 3:00 doesn't sound right to me.. this might be a bug - I'll investigate it soon. In general, the feedback parameter can quickly lead to distortion - be careful with it. I'm considering removing the feedback parameter and replacing it with a slice selection parameter to access/jump between previously recorded slices in memory (in real-time). Let me know what you think.

i LIKE the suggestion. ya the feedback gets harsh quick.

thanks for the sick addition to clouds!
cliffemu
I vote to keep the feedback parameter because it makes some unique sounds though I can see the value of a "scrub" (slice select) control.
TommyRaddcliff
cliffemu wrote:
I vote to keep the feedback parameter because it makes some unique sounds though I can see the value of a "scrub" (slice select) control.

alt version? you already have the V. with the feedback. its just a second .WAV file right? wink
Junk Rhythm
jkammerl wrote:
I'm considering removing the feedback parameter and replacing it with a slice selection parameter to access/jump between previously recorded slices in memory (in real-time). Let me know what you think.

+1 for slice selection
Chopper
slice selection indeed!!!
if i can have a tiny suggestion:

the rest of the clouds functions are indeed unchanged, BUT: there is some thing in Parasite that is vital to the way i work, and a few fellow wigglers told me they liked it as well, the fact that the reverb in the parasite firmware is POST mix rather than PRE, thus allows a huge reverb with just a bit of Clouds mix.
would it be possible to include this, or if it is a problem, to include your (fantastic) mode as an add-on to parasite as well as the official Clouds firmware? i know i am being pickish here, but hey.

thanks a lot in any case SlayerBadger!
risome
TommyRaddcliff wrote:
jkammerl wrote:

i LIKE the suggestion. ya the feedback gets harsh quick.

thanks for the sick addition to clouds!

Who said that break was dead Miley Cyrus
Mercutio
Junk Rhythm wrote:
jkammerl wrote:
I'm considering removing the feedback parameter and replacing it with a slice selection parameter to access/jump between previously recorded slices in memory (in real-time). Let me know what you think.

+1 for slice selection

+1 but on replacing the pich modulation (i can modulate the pitch with an external LFO)
cliffemu
^wouldnt it be too difficult to match the pitch modulation with the loop points? Especially with the auto slicing? It seems like what he's done with it is very clever and saves an extra trigger source and complex cv source (like tides) or are you saying having things like the pitch program makes the module ultimately less flexible? I guess I can understand that.
VanEck
haven't installed this yet, but here's a +1 for slice selection. i can patch up my own feedback loop if i want it... being able to scrub slices though, that would be a unique and interesting feature.
cannonball swandive
+1 for slice selection applause
hyena
tried it today.
must say some very similar effects can be obtained with the parasite version of the delay\looper when clocking it.
not the same but similar territory.
this is nice but agree a slice selection control might step it forward and make it unique. as is i don't know if i'm willing to sacrifice parasite options for this.
jkammerl
The slice selection feature is coming soon.. It's really fun which is the reason why I haven't found time to prepare the release update smile Stay tuned!
jkammerl
Thanks everybody for the great feedback!
Here comes the V0.2 update: http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/

- It now keeps the 8 most recently recorded slices in memory and allows to scrub through them (fun!)
- Allows to select different slice selection patterns (including random slice selection)
- I fixed the warm distortion bug (TommyRaddcliff@, this should be working now for you)
- Knobs are reassigned: Loop size modulation moved to "Density", Pitch modulation moved to Blend "Feedback" parameter.
- Blend Feedback parameter has been removed.

The updated documentation can be found here:

Since I received a few requests to share the firmware binary, here it is:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 02.bin

Any comments, feedback, suggestions, concerns, etc. are greatly appreciated!
And I'd love to see videos of your slicing sessions smile
Ptbarnum
MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING
cannonball swandive
Wow, that was fast! Rockin' Banana!
IImyment
applause
cliffemu
Tried the new version. For my purposes (glitch beats), I went back to the original version. The slice selection doesn't do anything for me because I'm already sending in chaotic audio. I could imagine it would be good against a repetitive loop.
The feedback control of the original adds so much. I don't think it could be replicated externally because of the internal routing and the play off the clock divider blend control (if only I could CV both of them at the same time). I'd like to suggest a buffer reverse control if possible. The freeze input could be used for it. Thanks again to jkammerl for developing this.
jkammerl
I wish Clouds would have more knobs and CV inputs. My original intention was to port the KK VST plugins to clouds. However, I can see why the feedback effect might be more suitable for glitch beats than for instance the more subtle warm distortion effect (fixed in v0.2). Would it make sense to replace the warm distortion effect with the feedback parameter in the next iteration. What do you think?

ps. the next update is likely to have reverse slice playback smile
Chopper
It does make sense. Trying to fit all of your plugins into one Clouds mode only is always gonna be a tricky affair plagued with difficult compromises, so to me, concentrating on just one (or having the others in individual modes! SlayerBadger! ) would allow more control and a better experience indeed...)

Oh, and i know i am being annoying here, but having the reverb amount in the original Clouds mode POST blend is what stops me from leaving parasite and moving fully to your firmware. Is there a way this could be achieved???
jkammerl
Does anyone feel strongly against moving the reverb processing POST blend? I'd prefer keeping the original modes untouched but if that's everybody's wish, I can do it.
mazzyboy
Is there any possibility of seeing this firmware merged with parasites?

Would there be enough room for both? Or perhaps an installation app that lets you choose which modes you want to install? (I think I could sacrifice the spectral madness mode for this!)

Or perhaps the other way round? Could the Oliverb, improved looping delay and and Resonator modes be added to your new mode?
cliffemu
I liked the warm distortion too but maybe that's the easiest thing to replicate elsewhere and non-essential to the mix of functions.
Reverb moved to post blend is fine if you want to implement it.

How do you see your software in Clouds being used differently than people use your plugins? What drew you into looking at eurorack?
BlackDoors
jkammerl wrote:
Does anyone feel strongly against moving the reverb processing POST blend? I'd prefer keeping the original modes untouched but if that's everybody's wish, I can do it.

Yes!

I think this is immensely useful for all stock and parasites clouds modes, because clouds works brilliantly this way to provide subtle sonic 'sprinkles' PLUS the 'main' reverb on the dry sound, gluing the wet and dry together and avoiding the need for a separate reverb. Of course, the fact that the reverb has a great character means it can be used as a reverb without sprinkles as well.

John
BlackDoors
mazzyboy wrote:
Is there any possibility of seeing this firmware merged with parasites?

Would there be enough room for both? Or perhaps an installation app that lets you choose which modes you want to install? (I think I could sacrifice the spectral madness mode for this!)

Or perhaps the other way round? Could the Oliverb, improved looping delay and and Resonator modes be added to your new mode?

A merger would be just amazing.

John
Chopper
BlackDoors wrote:
jkammerl wrote:

Yes!

I think this is immensely useful for all stock and parasites clouds modes, because clouds works brilliantly this way to provide subtle sonic 'sprinkles' PLUS the 'main' reverb on the dry sound, gluing the wet and dry together and avoiding the need for a separate reverb. Of course, the fact that the reverb has a great character means it can be used as a reverb without sprinkles as well.

John

i believe he is mentioning the way the reverb is implemented, not getting rid of it. the point is about standard firmware (reverb pre-blend) VS parasite (reverb post-blend)
templar
post blend please!
The Illuminaire
Damn it, it is *really* hard not to grab a Clouds now. >_<
Tubefund
Recently bought a clouds. Installed Parasites after a couple of days but went back to original firmware after a week because i somehow didn't connect to the module anymore. BUT... This is awesome, regulare clouds modes untouched and One serious mental bonus mode. Thanks for sharing and all effort made. Me like thumbs up
BlackDoors
Chopper wrote:
BlackDoors wrote:
jkammerl wrote:

Yes!

John

i believe he is mentioning the way the reverb is implemented, not getting rid of it. the point is about standard firmware (reverb pre-blend) VS parasite (reverb post-blend)

I appreciate this, the way it is implemented on Parasites (post blend) is a lot better for the way I like to use clouds on all modes, just makes more sonic sense to me.

So post blend reverb on all clouds modes (including the stock ones) is a more useful way for any alternate firmware to go if you ask me.

John
jkammerl
Voila, here comes the v0.3 update:

What's new?
- It adds an alternating loop mode
- It adds reverse slice playback (as a new pitch mode)
- It brings back the feedback effect (from v0.1) which replaces the current warm distortion effect.
- Reverb in regular cloud modes is applied post dry/wet to affect the dry signal
- Bug fixes: CV control of Blend parameter

After I discovered what crazy lazer guns the feedback effect generates when being combined with low pitch playback on drum sounds, I had to replace current warm distortion effect with it smile

Have fun with the new release! And please share your feedback & videos of your slicer sessions smile
tromasom
jkammerl wrote:

- Reverb in regular cloud modes is applied post dry/wet to affect the dry signal

Sweet, that's what I was waiting for! It's the one Parasites feature I wasn't ready to give up.

Really looking forward to checking this out now.
hyena
ooooh! now it is very nice! the slice selection works very well!
thanks for this! still don't know if i can live without the parasite features but i'm definitely giving this a thorough try!!!
chopping up breaks is real fun now!
Chopper
As far as i am concerned, THAT'S THE ONE!!! thanks again a million times for this, the reverb post, and all... simply brilliant.
BlackDoors
Many many thanks! Can't wait to try!
John
cosmikwolf
+1 for parasites + kammerl in one firmware!
Gripp
This one is fun, many thanks!

Haven't played it so much that I know it yet but, am I just not wiggling right or is the wet/dry blend function in the granular mode not working?
Can't get a wet/dry response but all other three blend functions seem to work ok. I'm on v0.3.
CopperHydra
...wonder if there will ever be a Clouds panel made with the GUI background from the vst...
huron
Damn it, now I need a 2nd Clouds!
jwise
cosmikwolf wrote:

Is there any chance of something like this happening?
mharpum
Gripp wrote:
This one is fun, many thanks!

Haven't played it so much that I know it yet but, am I just not wiggling right or is the wet/dry blend function in the granular mode not working?
Can't get a wet/dry response but all other three blend functions seem to work ok. I'm on v0.3.

Is freeze enabled?
huron
Also, alternate panel with naked bodies with animal heads holding instruments. +1
Gripp
mharpum wrote:
Is freeze enabled?

Good troubleshooting tip! Could absolutely seriously have been something like that.
But, no. Been running it without any external modulation and now after some play and trying out all the original non-beat slicer modes again, I find the same behaviour in any of them. Feedback, filters, reverbs and the like works when assigned to the blend knob but not wet/dry, ie the first blend knob function. I don't get any dry signal through and I can't really hear much happening at all.

Hey, maybe that's a result of how the reverb on dry works somehow?
Can't remember if I've tried wiggling wet/dry with reverb up a bit.
Back to the lab!
jkammerl
Gripp wrote:

Good catch! I think this is a bug I introduced when moving the reverb post the dry/wet mix. I'll try to fix it soon.
GryphonP3
Phrnomenal!! Now to build a second clouds..
jameswalk
Amazing, such great fun. Would be perfect if it could be used with parasites.
Gripp
jkammerl wrote:
Good catch! I think this is a bug I introduced when moving the reverb post the dry/wet mix. I'll try to fix it soon.

Thanks again! As said, the beat-slicer is just plain fun!
I've been using Clouds in my guitar rig a lot lately and in a number of different ways. In the fx-loop, multi amp scenarios (w/d and w/d/w) and in front of the amps. For some of them I need an on board wet/dry function while for others not. Haven't finalized what setup I'm going to use yet. All have pros and cons of course.
mazzyboy
jwise wrote:
cosmikwolf wrote:

Is there any chance of something like this happening?

Also very interested in this! (And don't think I'm the only one!)
Jkammerl, could you comment on whether this might be in the plans for the future, or do you plan to keep this as a separate firmware? Or indeed, if it is even possible?
jkammerl
I just released an update v0.31 that fixes the dry/wet control in the regular cloud modes. You can download it here:
jkammerl
Regarding a paracites integration:
I *think* this should be possible - I don't see any general issues other than a potential lack of free memory in paracites (Matthias Perch?).

Anyways, I just published the source code on github. I encourage everybody to play with it and of course merge it with paracites if you'd like.
https://github.com/jkammerl/eurorack

Hacking away clouds has been a lot of fun. Thanks Olivier Gillet for creating such an awesome product.

ps. please share more videos of your slicing sessions smile
mazzyboy
jkammerl wrote:
Regarding a paracites integration:
I *think* this should be possible - I don't see any general issues other than a potential lack of free memory in paracites (Matthias Perch?).

Anyways, I just published the source code on github. I encourage everybody to play with it and of course merge it with paracites if you'd like.
https://github.com/jkammerl/eurorack

Hacking away clouds has been a lot of fun. Thanks Olivier Gillet for creating such an awesome product.

ps. please share more videos of your slicing sessions smile

This is really promising news! Thank you so much!
aroom
jkammerl wrote:
Anyways, I just published the source code on github.

Thanks! thumbs up
Gripp
jkammerl wrote:
I just released an update v0.31 that fixes the dry/wet control in the regular cloud modes. You can download it here:

Perfect thumbs up Works just as expected.
Andrew108
I really like this...especially the quality of the reverb. I can't quite remember what it was like in the original firmware, but in this firmware I have a dry signal going only into the reverb and it sounds fantastic. I mean really better than I remember. Plus the slicing/beat repeating and so on...very nice.
Bitmud
I do a test run.
It works for me thumbs up

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/317701874" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

thanks!
jkammerl
Cool! Thanks for sharing the sample!
starmandeluxe
I hate to be "that guy" but it seems like the site is now down and I can't get the wav file anymore. Any good souls have an alternative link/dropbox/PM? waah
Tonemod
starmandeluxe wrote:
I hate to be "that guy" but it seems like the site is now down and I can't get the wav file anymore. Any good souls have an alternative link/dropbox/PM? waah

You're not alone. Would love to try out this firmware.
Bitmud
Tonemod wrote:
starmandeluxe wrote:

The download link should work again:

www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/

hf
Bitmud
This is just a tiny sheet for the Kammerl beat repeat effect:

Freeze = On / off
Loop start | Loop size | Pitch

Gain | Loop size modulation | Slice Step | Bend

Tonemod
Bitmud wrote:

hf

Downloaded and installed, thank you.
10 Miles High
I was also confused that the module did not work as expected with 0.3 firmware.

But now, with 0.31 on, everything is just fine Driving

Thanx for the cool effect and for the reverb pre/post fix !!!

10 Mh
starmandeluxe
Bitmud wrote:
Tonemod wrote:
starmandeluxe wrote:

hf

Awesome! It works!! A few thoughts and tips for everyone:

1. I was getting some very audible "click" sounds every single time the beat repeat triggered (either freeze or probability), which made it really annoying and just about unusable. After a few re-installs of the firmware with no luck, I tried re-calibrating the pitch of Clouds per the original manual. Sure enough, that seemed to fix the problem entirely.

2. This is probably true for stock firmware and Parasites, but the install failed a few times until I made sure the input level gave me 3 LEDs instead of 2 during install, and that let it complete all the way.

3. One of the more recent Parasites firmware features was a "quick mode change" function where pressing both load and mode buttons at the same time allowed you to bypass the really annoying 5-second long press. I know people asked for the post-reverb from Parasites, but this quick mode change is even more desirable to retain for me personally. Any chances...?

All in all, thank you so much for this amazing work. This takes my setup to a whole 'nother level Rockin' Banana!
JonathanBedrava
I've played with this some this morning and am really liking the sounds I'm getting out of it. It might be my new favorite Clouds firmware.
JonathanBedrava
Yeah, I'm really digging it.

I whipped this bad boy up this afternoon while messing around with this firmware:

Moderator edit: if you get rid of the 's' in the 'https' the video will embed properly. thumbs up
nectarios
Works here too

mwvm
starmandeluxe
OK I wanted to report more problems after trying out version 0.31 some more.

If I use this for a significant length of time (about 20-30 minutes) and get some really short repeats with the Position and Size knobs at low settings, it causes FM-like pitched oscillations. While that sounds cool, if I do that too much my entire Clouds hangs and just freezes on a high-pitched tone. Nothing works after this and the long-press won't even change modes, so I have to power off.

Unfortunately this renders it unusable for live performance... Anything I might be doing wrong? Anyone else having this issue?

Another strange thing is, when I calibrate with the 1V and 3V, it sets correctly the pitch of the stock Clouds modes, yet for the Kammerl beat repeat it always thinks "neutral" pitch is at 3 o'clock (a quarter turn above default!). No idea what that's all about...

At any rate, I've reverted to Kammerl v0.2 to avoid the feedback hanging the entire module (and the fact that I love that distortion, it's perfect for drums).
cliffemu
^ I've had it freeze up like that once, so you're not the only one.
jkammerl
Thanks for the bug report. I kept the beat repeat mode running for several hours with different settings but wasn't able to reproduce the bug. However, I went over the code and found one potential issue. Could you give this build a try and let me know if it fixes it?
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 032.wav
Thanks!
Bitmud
Hi,
I made a testrun with the revision 0.32.
Works nice so far! thumbs up

For the update I used Ableton Live with 100 BPM and Expert Sleepers ES-3 directly to the Input L of the Clouds module.

I used an old skool jungle beat with 170 Bpm. Have a listen If you like:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/320552209" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Patch notes:

Beat from Ableton via Reaktor Blocks:

hf It's peanut butter jelly time!
jkammerl
Cool! That's a great sample & patch description! Thanks for testing it!
jkammerl
Here's a preview of a new mode I'm currently adding to the firmware. It'll also bring back the "warm distortion" effect.

The Spectral Clouds mode is a high-resolution multiband filter with randomly modulated frequency bands that creates cloud-like frequency spectras.
vonbeak
Will the Spectral Clouds mode be integrated in the beat repeat effect or will it overwrite a stock effect?

*Liking where all of this is going* love
FadingCanvas
jkammerl wrote:
Here's a preview of a new mode I'm currently adding to the firmware. It'll also bring back the "warm distortion" effect.
The Spectral Clouds mode is a high-resolution multiband filter with randomly modulated frequency bands that creates cloud-like frequency spectras.

I hear drone, I hear ambient hihi
starmandeluxe
jkammerl wrote:

Oh my goodness! This is even better! I might be interested to use this instead of the beat repeat for my next live show...since it has the distortion too! Any chance I can get a build to test? hihi
Chopper
Jkammerl is on a roll!!! we're not worthy
jkammerl
Sorry this meant to be a PM.. still learning how to wiggle smile please ignore this post.
dudeman
time to get another clouds
jkammerl
I just finished and released the v0.4 firmware update. You can download it from here:

Change log - Version 0.4
Replaces "Spectral Processor" mode with new "Spectral Clouds" mode; a multiband filter effect with randomized band gains to create cloud-like frequency spectras.
Integrates Paracites's quick mode change function (simultaneously press both blend and quality buttons to change modes)
Adds warm-distortion effect (post dry/wet)
Fixes rare crash in Kammerl beat-repeat mode

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a way to easily add the Spectral Clouds effect as an extra mode and since I never became a close friend of the “Spectral Processor” mode, I decided to replace it.

The Spectral Clouds mode is a high-resolution (up to 256 bands) multi-band filter that applies randomized gains to each frequency band. Due to its high-resolution, it can modulate each harmonic of a sound individually which can generates quite lively and organic sounds texture. It works well with chord sounds that are rich of harmonics but the filter can be also triggered with short transients in interesting ways. I also recommend to enable only a small number of bands (using the position slider) which emphases the harmonics of a sound in a way where they almost turn into melodies. Here's an example video which demonstrates the filter on a chord and white noise starting from dry followed by slowly fading into wet:

Your feedback suggestions, comments and demo videos are greatly appreciated smile
boom blip
0.4 new clouds has crashed 3 times in my first hour of playing with it, no modulation except manual wiggling, emits a higher pitched noise and locks up. Rad sounds tho.
jkammerl
Hm strange.. it seems to work for me. Anyways, thanks for testing it. I'll revert the webpage and the download link back to v.3 until I have found the bug.
starmandeluxe
jkammerl wrote:
Hm strange.. it seems to work for me. Anyways, thanks for testing it. I'll revert the webpage and the download link back to v.3 until I have found the bug.

I've tested it for at least an hour, on drums as well as my Volca FM, no issues whatsoever. This is amazing work you've done here.

Here's sample audio using Volca FM input which is literally just playing an unchanging bass note over and over, so all the variation comes from manual knob turns. I recorded it twice, one for low frequencies and one for high, and overdubbed it. So if you have two Clouds...well who doesn't want two Clouds? hihi

You can get really far from the source input audio and almost create chord-like structures when the bands change. I basically never used the stock Spectral mode since it mostly just goes out-of-control noisy in my experience, but this custom firmware is a very nice "controlled chaos". Thank you jkammerl!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/321276604" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
budinis
hi jkammerl!
i found a video on youtube with your alternative firmware & thought: what the hell!!! allready installed it (after some problems d'oh! ) - but now it works (firmware v0.31) - it is really awesome - love my clouds much more know!
thank you soooo much for your work! we're not worthy
Bitmud
starmandeluxe wrote:
jkammerl wrote:

I've tested it for at least an hour, on drums as well as my Volca FM, no issues whatsoever. This is amazing work you've done here.

Here's sample audio using Volca FM input which is literally just playing an unchanging bass note over and over, so all the variation comes from manual knob turns. I recorded it twice, one for low frequencies and one for high, and overdubbed it. So if you have two Clouds...well who doesn't want two Clouds? hihi

You can get really far from the source input audio and almost create chord-like structures when the bands change. I basically never used the stock Spectral mode since it mostly just goes out-of-control noisy in my experience, but this custom firmware is a very nice "controlled chaos". Thank you jkammerl!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/321276604" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

This is a nice demonstration of the multi-band filter effect.
I'll try it out if it is available! thumbs up

About the beat repeat effect:
If it is a stereo effect (I did not try it out, yet) a panorama and reverb parameter per slice would be awesome.

Thanks for your work on it, Jkammerl! thumbs up
boom blip
starmandeluxe wrote:
jkammerl wrote:

Hmm weird, mine is still crashing and for some reason I can't get it to enter calibration mode, first version I've had any issues with, maybe i should reinstall?
jkammerl
I kept the v04 firmware running over the weekend with different settings and heavy modulation wasn't able to reproduce the reported crashes. However, the filter requires a little bit more CPU than the other modes so I'm wondering if different hardware versions of Clouds cloud explain this behavior. If there are still issues, I have some ideas how to optimize it but before that it'd be great to get more feedback from you. I rebuild the v04 firmware and added some safety checks. You can find it here:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/clouds_firmware_v04.html

In case you still experience issues, please try to figure out if crashes happen based on certain settings but also cases where it never crashes would be helpful to know.

Have great week! Cheers!
starmandeluxe
boom blip wrote:
starmandeluxe wrote:
jkammerl wrote:

Hmm weird, mine is still crashing and for some reason I can't get it to enter calibration mode, first version I've had any issues with, maybe i should reinstall?

Spoke too soon, I finally reproduced the hangup with high pitch tone on the Kammerl Spectral mode. It took more than 1 hour to get it to hang though (I wasn't intentionally trying to stress it with CV or anything). The only CV input was a clock going into the trigger. Then it hung up while I was moving one of the knobs (can't remember which). After that, I can't change modes, knobs do nothing, and the only fix is to power off. FYI it is worth noting I have a very early Clouds hardware: the serial number is 018 (it wouldn't even run Parasites until I sent it to Olivier for a bootloader update. Not sure if that matters though.

Going to try out jkammerl's new build of 0.4 and see if I can reproduce it again.
jkammerl
Thanks for your feedback. I *think* I have fixed the bug. Could you give v0.41 a try?
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 041.wav
Andrew108
I'm going to install 0.4 today and give it a go. I'll do some stress testing. My Clouds module is relatively new.
Andrew108
I'm loving the spectral clouds mode. Absolutely fantastic!
mazzyboy
This is really starting to look amazing!

The only thing that's making me dither, is I really like being able to reverse the particles on parasites , especially in the lopping delay mode. There's also that nice open feedback loop workaround.

I feel cheeky asking, but is there any way of adding these to this firmware too? That would be the perfect firmware for me!
jkammerl
Ok, next (and hopefully final) round - v0.42 is up:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/clouds_firmware_v04.html

- I fixed the weird warm distortion noise
- Remove the quick mode change setting I integrated from Paracites since it conflicts with the calibration mode and instead of applying more patches to the original firmware, I prefer to keep it as untouched as possible.

Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing your demo videos smile
bucketbrigade
Finally got around to installing this today. Getting incredible results after just an hour. Great work! nanners
Andrew108
jKammerl - the new update sounds even better. Many thanks indeed. Works great. This firmware is a 'must have'
Bitmud
Crashes/ freez here with v0.40 and v0.41 after ~30 minutes.

v0.42 runs stable on my clouds for ~1 hour now.

The beat repeat effect is still ace, but I can't find a good sound with the spectral clouds effect.

It is maybe to 'low-fi' for me.
Maybe the resonance peaks are to high... I don't know. hmmm.....
Gripp
Bitmud wrote:
The beat repeat effect is still ace, but I can't find a good sound with the spectral clouds effect.

Maybe too lofi too for you, but I have just gotten another absolute fave patch using spectral clouds for the first time today: In the feedback loop of a spring reverb. The spring easily resonates and oscillates at multiple frequencies, ever changing with the cloud. To me a thing of beauty.
I have used my cwejman QMMF-4 for this before but spectral clouds works even better for my tastes.
eircom
the firmware is absolutely fantastic. thanks!

one question — it operates on both input channels separately, right? so it's like 2 mono processors with shared controls. what i mean is there's no stereo processing / panning going on?
jkammerl
eircom wrote:
the firmware is absolutely fantastic. thanks!

one question — it operates on both input channels separately, right? so it's like 2 mono processors with shared controls. what i mean is there's no stereo processing / panning going on?

Correct, it processes each channel separately (also with individually randomized frequency gain values).
Tubefund
Thanks for all the effort and sharing this! Just updated the firmware and exploring. Instant dub with the spectral effect, just plugged the output of a chord-organ module in and some tempo synced cv's. Perfect match.
Great that the spectral mode is more controllable now. hyper
Bitmud
Gripp wrote:
Bitmud wrote:

Maybe too lofi too for you, but I have just gotten another absolute fave patch using spectral clouds for the first time today: In the feedback loop of a spring reverb. The spring easily resonates and oscillates at multiple frequencies, ever changing with the cloud. To me a thing of beauty.
I have used my cwejman QMMF-4 for this before but spectral clouds works even better for my tastes.

Do you have a sound example?
I really don't know what's wrong with my clouds. waah

I recorded a snipped of the 'harsh' sound that I mean.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/322008524" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Did this sounds normal to you?
jkammerl
Hm. That doesn't sound right. Not sure what to do without being able to reproduce this.
Gripp
Agreed, that doesn't sound right.
Any chance that it's distorting in some way that you might have control over but isn't immediately aware of?
Guessing not since you seem to have no problem with the beat repeat mode.
Bitmud
Okay, I double check all things and tried different revisions and the original OS 1.1. I also switched the Buffer size and tried to update with an other sound card.
I guess it is an issue with this unit.
starmandeluxe
Bitmud wrote:
Gripp wrote:
Bitmud wrote:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/322008524" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

I had a similar issue with version 0.4 and 0.41, but the latest 0.42 works perfectly for me. Can you make sure you're on the latest? And do you have the warm distortion blend mode up at all?
jkammerl
Bitmud wrote:
Okay, I double check all things and tried different revisions and the original OS 1.1. I also switched the Buffer size and tried to update with an other sound card.
I guess it is an issue with this unit.

Do you think there is anything special with your Unit? Is it particularly old or a DIY version?
nectarios
Still on an older version, need to update but its too much fun as it is

LowOver
installed it just a few minutes ago....works very well (0.42)
I dunno if my clouds is an old one or not...no serial written on the unit..

just want to say THANK YOU for this nice addition to a great module thumbs up
Montgomery Word
i tried twice to install this tonight and failed both times i think. i'm getting no "fourth mode"...
Zymos
Double check the docs? I thought the same thing last night, but it was user error in how I expected the modes to be shown.
Lineofcontrol
I tried a dozen time to install and got nowhere...
All 4 lights are on when trying it and lowering the volume on my output devices (whether it is my phone or my focusrite interface) does not lessen the dots!

I am missing out! waah waah waah
Zymos
Tried lowering it with the gain control on the module?
ignatius
Lineofcontrol wrote:
All 4 lights are on when trying it and lowering the volume on my output devices (whether it is my phone or my focusrite interface) does not lessen the dots!

OT but what's the point of a list of sold items in your signature? just clutters up the experience and serves no purpose...
Montgomery Word
i have tried 5 times now at varying volumes to install the kammerle beat repeat with no success. parasite here i come again on my own. going down the only road i've ever known. like a drifter i was born to walk alone.
Montgomery Word
now trying different firmwares from the downloads folder
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/
Montgomery Word
so-
version .41 installs fine, but not .42 for me.
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 041.wav

really not sure why, but glad i finally got to play with it!!!
Lineofcontrol
Zymos wrote:
Tried lowering it with the gain control on the module?

Yes No dice...
Lineofcontrol
ignatius wrote:
Lineofcontrol wrote:

OT but what's the point of a list of sold items in your signature? just clutters up the experience and serves no purpose...

I thought it was the done thing around here! To let other know about your successful transactions with other members...

Load of others do this. So i aped the style. Correct me if i am wrong.

And any advice about getting this firmware installed would also be much appreciated. Thanks. seriously, i just don't get it
gimber
I installed 0.42 from my phone after adjusting levels once. Phone all the way up and Clouds gain at about 3/4.

The Clouds parasites thread https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=136287 should have a bunch of suggestions for getting firmware updates to work if you're having trouble.
apfEID
Lineofcontrol wrote:
ignatius wrote:
Lineofcontrol wrote:

I thought it was the done thing around here! To let other know about your successful transactions with other members...

And any advice about getting this firmware installed would also be much appreciated. Thanks. seriously, i just don't get it

I've never noticed a list like that before.
leterell
so I tried to install this firmware yesterday, and a couple of questions arose. the time around that I had some success, the freeze-light blinked faster when receiving data (the four led's remained unlit), and in between all four led's were lit some 7-10 times.

did I actually have a low signal level or a high one (no led's vs. all led's lit alternating)? I had my MacBook output at max, and a pretty hefty amplification thru a uVCA, AND the Clouds input gain at about 3/4.

the reason I'm asking is that i could not get any alteration to the dry signal in the Kammerl mode regardless of the blend parameter status, freeze enabled all knobs vigorously wiggled, and i don't want to brick my clouds. all other modes seemed to work all right.

EDIT: yes I tried clocking, modulating all with cv to no effect but the question remains the same was my level high or low?
Andrew108
If you don't hear any glitches after sending a clock to the trig input then install the firmware again. You won't brick your clouds. Install the latest 0.42 version.
ignatius
Lineofcontrol wrote:
ignatius wrote:

i've never seen anyone else do it.

that's what this 483 page thread is for

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=616

besides, you don't list other members.. you just have modules so how is that letting anyone know about successful transactions with other members?

for clouds/braids/SMR firmware i've installed from my phone and using a DAW. once when installing on clouds the level wasn't right so i just adjusted the level and it installed fine. if the firmware install fails it just gives you red flashing lights and you do the process again.
Zymos
Pretty sure if it reboots, the update was successful. Otherwise you get flashing red lights.

Just watch the wave file play on your device. If it gets to the end and Clouds reboots, then the new FW is loaded. If it is not behaving like you expected (don't forget to calibrate!!) then it is probably user error. Unless there is something broken with this latest version.
turin horsey
Holy shit, despite weirdness in UI, this thing wrecks. And right when I was going to sell Clouds (which has never really been my taste) for a Morpheus. Damn you and thank you!
jkammerl
Here's a nice tutorial video by Voltage Control Lab!

Thanks!
leterell
thanks for all the help, guys, and the confidence. my first time around I got no reaction, the second time I got the red lights. the third time all else but kammerl worked. wiggled around yesterday with different clock inputs, still nothing but a re-install fixed it.

i don't know how many evenings it will take to come to grips with this beast of a time-mangling mode... a funny beast tho
VanEck
nevermind, figured it out oops
moom
Hello, i'm new here, and i'm looking for if it's possible to installed Kammerl Beat on my clouds if it's already parasite installed on it ?
is it particular process for put it both ?
thx
m
Zymos
You can only run one firmware at a time.
The procedure to load it is the same whether you start with the stock firmware loaded or Parasites.[/quote]
jkammerl
Great patch using the beat-repeat mode by redstripedown:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUADQxWlPrO/
jkammerl
I haven't seen any videos/samples of the spectral clouds mode. I'd love to know how you are using it! Do you have any samples to share?
behndy
Zymos wrote:
Pretty sure if it reboots, the update was successful. Otherwise you get flashing red lights.

Just watch the wave file play on your device. If it gets to the end and Clouds reboots, then the new FW is loaded. If it is not behaving like you expected (don't forget to calibrate!!) then it is probably user error. Unless there is something broken with this latest version.

about to install this, because oh YES sounds like LOVE, i'm still new to modular loots..... what does one do to calibrate clouds?
Zymos
Check the manual at MI's site.
behndy
durp. rtfm. of COURSE. my bad.

thanks!

"Calibration procedure

The module is factory-calibrated using precision voltage sources. Follow this procedure only if you want to compensate for inaccuracies in your CV sources, or if your module has lost its calibration settings following a fault or the installation of alternative firmware.
To calibrate the unit:

Disconnect all CV inputs.
Connect the note CV output of a well-calibrated keyboard interface or MIDI-CV converter to the V/OCT input.
Press the Load/save button, and while you hold it down, press the Blend parameter/Audio quality button. The first 2 LEDs will blink in orange.
Play a C2 note, or send a 1V voltage from your CV source.
Press the Load/Save button. The four LEDs will blink in orange.
Play a C4 note, or send a 3V voltage from your CV source.
Press the Load/Save push-button.
Calibration is done!"
behndy
using the Pitch out of my Beatstep Pro should be the correct voltage no?
jwise
I'd left my Keystep in the office the day I installed Kammerl so I used my Mordax Data to first send out a 1V signal and then tuned it to 3V (except that I couldn't dial in a perfect 3.0 but got a 3.01V signal) and was good to go.
Zymos
behndy wrote:

Do you have a meter? There's no other way to know that a given C from the BSP is 1V or whatever, especially since you can change the octaves in the software. But if you can verify, then the BSP will work fine.
ShiitakeUfO
jkammerl wrote:
I haven't seen any videos/samples of the spectral clouds mode. I'd love to know how you are using it! Do you have any samples to share?

If my patch is still put together when I get home from a trip I'll totally post a video into this forum. I used a TH x-4046 going into spectral clouds, being controlled at 1v/oct by the pitch CV coming from my moog LP II. I put the moog through a chorus pedal and mixed that with my modular in my amp and the results were pretty satisfying.
behndy
Zymos wrote:
behndy wrote:

Do you have a meter? There's no other way to know that a given C from the BSP is 1V or whatever, especially since you can change the octaves in the software. But if you can verify, then the BSP will work fine.

iiiiiii don't have a meter. super new to modular, LACKING on the skill set tools.
Zymos
Defintitely worth having, even just a cheap one...
jasev
Just put this on. Thanks for doing this liking it a lot.

Got me thinking about bricking clouds, i've done about 10 firmware updates on it now so if its not been bricked yet is it safe to say it won't in the future if i swap between firmwares or not?? Anyone know??
jasev
behndy wrote:

Have you got a precision adder?? Thats what i use piece of piss calibrating with one
jkammerl
I prototyped a new mode called: WavePicker. It's a wavetable-based two-voice oscillator that picks wave forms directly from Clouds recording buffer

Here's a temporary download link:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05.wav

Since its behavior is much more chaotic (depends on the input wave form), I'm not sure yet if this new mode is a good addition to the firmware. It would be great to hear your feedback before I officially add it to the release. What do you think?

This is how it works:

Select the mode: All but the first LED lit

These are the controls:
Position -> Position in recording buffer
Size -> Sample loop size
Pitch -> Pitch (can be 1V/Oct controlled)
Density -> Volume of second voice (same waveform)
Texture -> Relative pitch of second oscillator (mid position -> same pitch)

In addition of being an oscillator, it generates interesting sounds on beats/transients:

ps. do you have any samples of the spectral clouds mode? I haven't seen many in public.
mckenic
something wonderful
L.C.O.
jkammerl wrote:
I prototyped a new mode called: WavePicker. It's a wavetable-based two-voice oscillator that picks wave forms directly from Clouds recording buffer

Since its behavior is much more chaotic (depends on the input wave form), I'm not sure yet if this new mode is a good addition to the firmware. It would be great to hear your feedback before I officially add it to the release. What do you think?

This is how it works:

These are the controls:
Size -> Sample loop size

In addition of being an oscillator, it generates interesting sounds on beats/transients:

ps. do you have any samples of the spectral clouds mode? I haven't seen many in public.

Looks super cool!
ignatius
sounds rad
jkammerl
Beautiful beat warping..
memovitch
jkammerl: that is great! did you made it only with one loop and some modulation sources on inputs?
nectarios
jkammerl wrote:

This is how it works:

These are the controls:
Size -> Sample loop size

Does the trig input do anything? How do you clock the whole thing to have the loop, play in sync?
jkammerl
memovitch wrote:
jkammerl: that is great! did you made it only with one loop and some modulation sources on inputs?

No, this video is made by "DJ Peeb". I found it on YouTube. The beats are processed using the scratch (sinusoidal) pitch modulation with a large slice size to get these slow variation in pitch on drums.
jkammerl
nectarios wrote:

Does the trig input do anything? How do you clock the whole thing to have the loop, play in sync?

Currently, sync doesn't do much but this is a great idea to use sync pulses to reset the loop. Any other thoughts or suggestions?
rumblefishrhodes
i'll plus 1 the sync pulses update, that would be awesome!
nectarios
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:

Currently, sync doesn't do much but this is a great idea to use sync pulses to reset the loop. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

I assume the Freeze button, freezes what ever is recorded in the buffer, basically a record on/off switch?

Is the second coming out of the oher output or are they both coming out the same output?
I am thinking that having each oscillator, coming from an individual output, would provide nice stereo effects.
And if one wants that in mono, Clouds' L/R outs can be mixed into a mono mixer.
Chopper
Just wanted to say thanks (again), considering the goodies are still coming with this amazing firmware.
witchbutter
This firmware is next level. Thank you so much for publishing this.

Now if we can get a microclouds in 8HP just like the microbraids I would be in spectral reverb heaven. Many much micro mutable modules!
mckenic
Just had a (4 hour) session with the KFingerprints VST - Wow!
Using different Speech samples as input & sidechain OMG!!! something wonderful

Any chance it might make it into the Clouds release? (if thats even possible?)
Either way - Thank You!!!

we're not worthy
gimber
Another thanks for this - I've been using the best repeat on all sorts of material in subtle ways and it adds some really nice variety and texture.
jkammerl
nectarios wrote:
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:

I assume the Freeze button, freezes what ever is recorded in the buffer, basically a record on/off switch?

Is the second coming out of the oher output or are they both coming out the same output?
I am thinking that having each oscillator, coming from an individual output, would provide nice stereo effects.

Correct, the freeze button basically turns recording on and off.
These are great ideas! Please keep them coming.. I'll definitely give them a try!
jkammerl
mckenic wrote:
Just had a (4 hour) session with the KFingerprints VST - Wow!
Using different Speech samples as input & sidechain OMG!!! something wonderful

Any chance it might make it into the Clouds release? (if thats even possible?)
Either way - Thank You!!!

we're not worthy

Hey, I'm glad you like it! I'm also excited what kind of sound textures it creates.

To do a little bit of cross-promotion here: I just released a VST plugin that uses audio id/fingerprinting techniques to replace an incoming audio signal with slices from a large slice pool in real-time. See here:
http://kammerl.de/audio/kfingerprints/
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184516

With some optimizations, Clouds *may* be able to run the algorithm but it has far too little memory to keep enough slices in the slice pool - so I don't think it will work. However, I'm looking forward to experimenting with the upcoming Bela Eurorack Modul which should have the performance and memory needed to port this to Eurorack.
nectarios
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:

Correct, the freeze button basically turns recording on and off.
These are great ideas! Please keep them coming.. I'll definitely give them a try!

So if you decide to use the two individual outs, for the two individual voices, you could effectively free up the Density knob, so that can be done via a VCA as anything else and use the Density knob for something else.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the loop length of the 2nd waveform, or position of the recording buffer for the 2nd waveform, or add some crazy timestretch/new parameter to the whole thing, or maybe a feedback of the second voice, back into the recording buffer, or maybe make the Density knob to scrub the audio in the buffer forwards and backwards?

Just thinking out loud, sorry for the many suggestions.
jkammerl
nectarios wrote:

So if you decide to use the two individual outs, for the two individual voices, you could effectively free up the Density knob, so that can be done via a VCA as anything else and use the Density knob for something else.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the loop length of the 2nd waveform, or position of the recording buffer for the 2nd waveform, or add some crazy timestretch/new parameter to the whole thing, or maybe a feedback of the second voice, back into the recording buffer, or maybe make the Density knob to scrub the audio in the buffer forwards and backwards?

Yes these are great suggestions! Another idea I'd like to implement is to always normalize the wave forms - this will make the output generally more noisy but in an interesting way, I believe.. Thanks for the feedback - I'll share a updated build with you soon!
starmandeluxe
So I did a live show in Tokyo the other day and basically used jkammerl's firmware throughout the entire thing. If you're interested in examples out in the wild, here you go...

The setup is here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/307425
jkammerl
starmandeluxe wrote:
So I did a live show in Tokyo the other day and basically used jkammerl's firmware throughout the entire thing. If you're interested in examples out in the wild, here you go...

The setup is here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/307425

Thanks for sharing.. always interesting to hear how the effects are used!
Bitmud
My device is back from the repair.
Is 0.42 still the current version?
jkammerl
Bitmud wrote:

Hey, 0.42 is the current version. I have an experimental 0.5 build that includes the WavePicker mode. Feel free to PM if you are interested in playing with it.
jkammerl
[quote="nectarios"][quote="jkammerl"][quote="nectarios"][quote="jkamme rl"]
nectarios wrote:

Great ideas. I separated the two wavetable voices to the left and right output as you suggested and replaced the density knob with a position control for the second waveform. I think this makes sense. What bothers me a little bit is that if you don't connect something to the second/right output, the density and texture knob are not doing anything.. Here's a temporary link to the current build. What do you think?
Bitmud
jkammerl wrote:
Bitmud wrote:

Hey, 0.42 is the current version. I have an experimental 0.5 build that includes the WavePicker mode. Feel free to PM if you are interested in playing with it.

Thanks! I'll like to check this out.

Here is a Sunday dub with rev. 0.42 only made with samples and Clouds (+ some delays, reverbs and dynamics).

I'm so happy that my clouds work well now with your OS.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/333437724" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

The beat, percussion, organ and piano are mixed with the beat repeat effect. The vocals, drum roll and some dubby effects are mangled with the spectral clouds effect.

Thanks for listening!
nanners
Funky40
nanners screaming goo yo nanners

to make it clear for me:
the Kammerl FW incloudes also the original modes from Olivier, yes ?
but not the changes of the Parasites ?

( i mostly want to have the first and second mode of the original ones at hand, ahh and the spectral mode)
jkammerl
Funky40 wrote:
nanners screaming goo yo nanners

to make it clear for me:
the Kammerl FW incloudes also the original modes from Olivier, yes ?
but not the changes of the Parasites ?

( i mostly want to have the first and second mode of the original ones at hand, ahh and the spectral mode)

I tried to keep the original FW as untouched as possible. However in version 0.42, I replaced the original Spectral Mode with my Spectral Clouds filter. If you'd like to keep it, you can install an older version. See the changelog here: http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/
nectarios
[quote="jkammerl"][quote="nectarios"][quote="jkammerl"][quote="nectari os"]
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:

Great ideas. I separated the two wavetable voices to the left and right output as you suggested and replaced the density knob with a position control for the second waveform. I think this makes sense. What bothers me a little bit is that if you don't connect something to the second/right output, the density and texture knob are not doing anything.. Here's a temporary link to the current build. What do you think?

Great, will try this out asap!
nectarios

I just moved into a new house with the missus so studio is in boxes and this is a recording through the macbook's onboard line input.

This is great though!
ignatius
^^ that's dope. good mangling fun. i need to update. still running an older kammerl firmware.
nectarios
Loadsafun

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/333614768" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
nectarios
Doh! That was not Wavepicker lol...just realised that I need the last 3 LEDs to be on for that mode grin

Proper demo incoming.

EDIT
The trig seems to do nothing, can't get the loop to start again when I send trigs to it.
nectarios
So here's wavepicker making a melody out of a drum loop.

Loving the stereo image!

gimber
nectarios wrote:

SlayerBadger!
Ypsi Kid
[quote="nectarios"]So here's wavepicker making a melody out of a drum loop.

Loving the stereo image!

Damn man, that sounds awesome. Some really nice sweet spots in there.
Bitmud
nectarios wrote:

Loving the stereo image!

super cool!
jkammerl
nectarios wrote:

Loving the stereo image!

Nice! Thanks for sharing.. That sounds much more like wave picking smile

Ah I forgot about the trigger reset you suggested - I'm concerned that it will add mostly clicks since it leads to hard jumps in the wave form but I'll give it a try. Another idea I have for the trigger input is to jump to random positions in the buffer.
nectarios
Is the random position jumping, not going to give clicks? I mean that would also be great for even more randomness, I was thinking about the reseting to give more controllable results...is there a way to implement a software fade of a few samples at the reset?

In any case, loving the FW mate, great job applause
gimber
jkammerl wrote:

Another idea I have for the trigger input is to jump to random positions in the buffer.

Maybe the trigger input could trigger an internal envelope/vca? Not sure where the envelope control would go (just decay would be my vote). That would allow the mode to function as a complete voice.
starmandeluxe
nectarios wrote:

I just moved into a new house with the missus so studio is in boxes and this is a recording through the macbook's onboard line input.

This is great though!

Awesome sounds! I still wonder why mine sounds so clicky though and nobody else seems to have that issue. It's clearly audible in my live video. Maybe it's something to do with my very early serial Clouds model.
donrock
starmandeluxe wrote:

Awesome sounds! I still wonder why mine sounds so clicky though and nobody else seems to have that issue. It's clearly audible in my live video. Maybe it's something to do with my very early serial Clouds model.

I think it might just be down to setting the knobs - mine sounds clicky at times and not clicky at other times. But I'm yet to figure it all out, so I suggest trying to play with the knobs a bit more.
Bitmud
nectarios wrote:
Loadsafun

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/333614768" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

soo glitchy ... like thumbs up
ienraid
ola

just trying this and find it very creative
but i still regret my parasite for the triggered reverb with oliverb.
will there be a firmware with kammerl and parasite ? does anybody can program this with the 2 codes ?
if not wich module can do this on/off reverb ?

second question :
which position of buttons/cv in would make the repeating sound like Tak tak tak taktak tatatatattttttt ? with drum
like in most of the demo video (make me think of autechre)
thanks
Adrien
Emmanuel G.
I've been switching firmwares all day, between parasites, kammerl and original.

for some reason, I think parasite's granular mode doesn't sound nearly as good as the other ones, but it has reverse grains, which is the only thing I do miss in other firmwares (that, and maybe the sync'd delay)

but so far, kammerl FW seems to be my favorite, great job ;D
jwise
nectarios wrote:

Loving the stereo image!

Just needing to keep the props going for Nektar on this test of the Wavepicker FW....
Chopper
jkammerl wrote:
Another idea I have for the trigger input is to jump to random positions in the buffer.

hmmmm... interesting!
Emmanuel G.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXfYxRxnvOk/

got an orchestra hit from my mom32 grin

wavepicker mode, pretty cool !

I was also working on drones, using long envelopes as modulation

(not sure how to post an instagram video)

really great new mode, the wavepicker <3
swhic
had the chance finally to try kammerl. Big Thanks!
Oblivion
Emmanuel G. wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXfYxRxnvOk/

got an orchestra hit from my mom32 grin

Nice, I need to check out that firmware when I have a free day.

Quote:
(not sure how to post an instagram video)

I've not found a way - could only ever link.
Worwell
This firmware is a lot of fun.

Orwell
Worwell wrote:

nice example - thank you.

I'm going to check out the firmware tonight!
Worwell
Orwell wrote:
Worwell wrote:

nice example - thank you.

I'm going to check out the firmware tonight!

Orwell,

Thank you

Worwell
jameswalk
Man I'm still loving the beat-repeat firmware, thank you so much for that! Wavepicker mode looks interesting too, will try that.

Can I add my voice to the others to beseech you to include a version with the oliverb from parasites on the next update ?
adh82
hey, the wavepicker looks amazing!

Having an issue with the download link on mac chrome.

Has the link been taken down?
Oblivion
The link on this page http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/ works fine here (Mac/Chrome).
adh82
Oblivion wrote:
The link on this page http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/ works fine here (Mac/Chrome).

Thanks!
Thins link dosent seem to include the wavepicker as that seems to be in version 0.5
The main link is for v0.42, does that have the wavepicker in it?
Oblivion
Sorry, my misunderstanding. The author has a note earlier upstream to PM for the .5 version. The DL link previously provided for that was deemed temporary and indeed seems gone. That's what I get for trying to be helpful. wink
adh82
cool, ill pm him. Cheers!
Emmanuel G.
adh82 wrote:
hey, the wavepicker looks amazing!

Having an issue with the download link on mac chrome.

Has the link been taken down?

I've dowloaded it only a few days ago, there are actually two links in this thread, for versio .5x

the first link is down, but there is another in one of the following pages, that I used not earlier than last week and that was working, hope it helps
jkammerl
Here's the link to the experimental v05:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05_p1.wav

I haven't put it on my site it since I'm still playing with different knob configurations and settings - let me know what you think!
Oblivion
Thanks. Might check it out tonight or at the very least this weekend. Can't decide if it's good or bad that it doesn't come with the VST artwork. wink
nectarios
jkammerl wrote:
http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05_p1.wav

I haven't put it on my site it since I'm still playing with different knob configurations and settings - let me know what you think!

Eager to play with the final version and see what you decide to do (please don't forget there is a trigger input there too Mr. Green )
joakimhellgren
Dope! I'm going to give this a try. I never liked my clouds as much as I like the rest of my system so maybe this will help breathe some new life in to what I otherwise didn't appreciate to the fullest.
High Wolf
jkammerl wrote:

Is there some kind of manual / explanation for this new mode in this new fw? thanks
gimber
High Wolf wrote:

Is there some kind of manual / explanation for this new mode in this new fw? thanks

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2576291#2576291
jkammerl
gimber wrote:
High Wolf wrote:

See also:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2603963#2603963
xorsister
+1 for integration with parasites, also would be great to have faster switching between modes, like again in parasites
Also I noticed that I get lots of clicks in beat-repeat mode - any way to avoid that, other than switching to 8 bit?
Also, when switching to 8 bit - all audio starts to be 8 bit, even dry - not sure if it's good or bad though smile
So far I find this firmware the best for live performances and huuuuge thanks to its creator!!!
nectarios
xorsister wrote:
+1 for integration with parasites, also would be great to have faster switching between modes, like again in parasites
Also I noticed that I get lots of clicks in beat-repeat mode - any way to avoid that, other than switching to 8 bit?
Also, when switching to 8 bit - all audio starts to be 8 bit, even dry - not sure if it's good or bad though smile
So far I find this firmware the best for live performances and huuuuge thanks to its creator!!!

Can't have this and Parasites not enough space.

This firmware is the one for me too.
I did like reverse grains and mainly looping delay, but I prefer Beat Repeat and Wavepicker is stereo drone heaven!
High Wolf
jkammerl wrote:
gimber wrote:
High Wolf wrote:

See also:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2603963#2603963

Thanks!
donrock
So I have a minor issue with v0.42.
After I installed the kammerl v0.42 on my clouds I did the calibration procedure and although it's not a major problem, here's what happened; before installing, I could turn the pitch knob to exactly half way between the center each way (so to look like either 3:00 or 9:00 on a clock) and it would be either one octave up or one octave down. Now, the octave up/down are misplaced by approximately 1mm further (so like 3:15 and 8:45). As I said it's not a major problem, but it was nice to be able to visually just set the pitch knob to one octave up or down while performing live - now I have to listen to it to fine tune it. It's not a problem for home tweeking, but really useful for live performances.

Would this be fixed if I install v0.5?
High Wolf
donrock wrote:
After I installed the kammerl v0.42 on my clouds I did the calibration procedure and although it's not a major problem, here's what happened; before installing, I could turn the pitch knob to exactly half way between the center each way (so to look like either 3:00 or 9:00 on a clock) and it would be either one octave up or one octave down. Now, the octave up/down are misplaced by approximately 1mm further (so like 3:15 and 8:45). As I said it's not a major problem, but it was nice to be able to visually just set the pitch knob to one octave up or down while performing live - now I have to listen to it to fine tune it. It's not a problem for home tweeking, but really useful for live performances.

Maybe you sent wrong or not super accurate voltage during calibration?
donrock
High Wolf wrote:
donrock wrote:

I believe the voltage was accurate - I calibrated it with the moog multipedal, which shows the exact voltage on the screen. That is, unless the acutal voltage coming out of the pedal was different than what it said on the screen.
nectarios
It does sound like something other than 1V and 3V where sent during calibration.

I've had mine with the pitch knob at centre, be one octave higher during calibration when I was trying to figure out the V sent from the A-190-4.

When I got the right octave, the pitch at the centre, spa out the same octave that was in the input.
xorsister
A bit off topic question - is it possible in regular granular clouds mode to have zero pre delay? Like if the position knob is fully anticlockwise and mix is 50% wet - it plays somewhat in sync with a dry input signal? Or there's hardware limitations to it?
It will be amazing for live setup and triggered trance gate-ish pitch shifted heaven! screaming goo yo

Back to topic - I noticed that in beat repeat mode my pitch knob have more than octave range, like octave and a half (is it right?) and pitch cv is really messed up - it doesn't follow the keyboard, and going up actually pitches it down. I recalibrated the module several times with an analog four but no luck so far... Dead Banana
starmandeluxe
xorsister wrote:
A bit off topic question - is it possible in regular granular clouds mode to have zero pre delay? Like if the position knob is fully anticlockwise and mix is 50% wet - it plays somewhat in sync with a dry input signal? Or there's hardware limitations to it?
It will be amazing for live setup and triggered trance gate-ish pitch shifted heaven! screaming goo yo

Back to topic - I noticed that in beat repeat mode my pitch knob have more than octave range, like octave and a half (is it right?) and pitch cv is really messed up - it doesn't follow the keyboard, and going up actually pitches it down. I recalibrated the module several times with an analog four but no luck so far... Dead Banana

For the pitch question, I think if you read his spec he says that it only pitches down (fully CW is normal pitch). So I wouldn't expect it to follow your keyboard.
starmandeluxe
xorsister wrote:

I asked for the faster switching as well a while back, and it was actually implemented in one of the older versions of this firmware, but he reverted it to the stock switching mode because it overrode the way to enter calibration mode. I would still love to have this back since it's wayyy better for live performances...

As for the clicking, yeah I still get it, but I noticed it happens on input that is bass-heavy. Applying a high pass filter before going into the Clouds seems to remove most of the clicking (no idea why, though). Obviously this would require you to provide your own bass separately, so it's not ideal.
donrock
If there isn't enough space for integration of both parasites and kammerl, I'd gladly do away with looping delay and pitch shifter modes to be able to have either the original or parasites' clouds mode, kammerl's beat repeat and wavepicker, and resonestor and oliverb from parasites. If there's still enough space, also the spectral clouds mode.
starmandeluxe
donrock wrote:
If there isn't enough space for integration of both parasites and kammerl, I'd gladly do away with looping delay and pitch shifter modes to be able to have either the original or parasites' clouds mode, kammerl's beat repeat and wavepicker, and resonestor and oliverb from parasites. If there's still enough space, also the spectral clouds mode.

Actually I suggested to jkammerl the idea of creating a "best of" firmware, with all of our favorite functions into one. This would allow us to not have to purchase multiple Clouds hihi For example combining beat repeat with his wonderful warm distortion and reverb, and using one of the knobs for the low/high pass filter. This would really make the ultimate "DJ" mode IMO.

He said that he likes creating new firmware instead of modifying/rearranging old stuff, which is perfectly reasonable. It would be very interesting if someone is up to the challenge of combining everything though (and sacrificing stuff we don't use much).
donrock
starmandeluxe wrote:

Actually I suggested to jkammerl the idea of creating a "best of" firmware.

Man, if someone has the time and knowledge to do this, a best-of firmware would be amazing!
nectarios
donrock wrote:

That would be great, I would defo keep original Granular, Parasites Looping Delay, Beat Repeat, Wavepicker and I need to check out Spectral Clouds too, but Spectral Madness I like from original FW.

I don't care for Resonestor or Oliverb personally.
jkammerl
donrock wrote:
High Wolf wrote:
donrock wrote:

I believe the voltage was accurate - I calibrated it with the moog multipedal, which shows the exact voltage on the screen. That is, unless the acutal voltage coming out of the pedal was different than what it said on the screen.

+1 I don't think I touched any calibration related code. I also assume that your input voltages might have been inaccurate.
jkammerl
nectarios wrote:
donrock wrote:

That would be great, I would defo keep original Granular, Parasites Looping Delay, Beat Repeat, Wavepicker and I need to check out Spectral Clouds too, but Spectral Madness I like from original FW.

I think it's challenging to agree on a best-of configuration - everybody has different preferences and wishes. In my limited time, I prefer to experiment with new effects and ideas which makes integrating the parasites firmware less of a priority. However, the firmware is open sourced and I'd be happy to answer any questions about the code if someone is interested in working on a combined firmware port.

In the meantime, I think everybody should buy a second Clouds module to support MI and their fantastic products smile
nectarios
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:
donrock wrote:

I think it's challenging to agree on a best-of configuration - everybody has different preferences and wishes. In my limited time, I prefer to experiment with new effects and ideas which makes integrating the parasites firmware less of a priority. However, the firmware is open sourced and I'd be happy to answer any questions about the code if someone is interested in working on a combined firmware port.

In the meantime, I think everybody should buy a second Clouds module to support MI and their fantastic products smile

That was just wishful thinking on my part, but to be honest new things is the way to go.

Kammerl is the FW my Clouds is at and its staying there.
th0mas
triple-edit, ignore me for now smile Dead Banana
starmandeluxe
jkammerl wrote:
nectarios wrote:
donrock wrote:

Definitely everyone should buy more Mutable modules! But for me it's less of an issue with supporting them, but more of a space/weight issue for me. I hand carry my case to gigs and it's about an hour of walking or more each time, so I am constantly keeping my live setup as minimal as possible so I don't break my arm lol

Two Clouds, though, would be insanely powerful we're not worthy

Yeah it's too difficult to satisfy everyone with a perfect firmware, so the best bet would be to hack away at it yourself.
th0mas
I just read the whole thread to find the source of the "not enough space" fact.

ITS FAKE NEWS EVERYONE

(I think)

I've got a build of parasites + kammerl beat-repeat. It builds, but I finished late last night and have not tested it whatsoever. It's likely missing some of the tweaks added by jkammerl, and I did not bring in the "spectral clouds mode" whatsoever.

https://github.com/mqtthiqs/parasites/compare/master...boourns:master

this is TOTALLY UNTESTED and I likely forgot something obvious like the ability to access this mode, so i am suspecting it'll crash when tried and need a bit more work.

However the .hex file is only 465762 bytes so I'm pretty sure we're fine for space. When I went over size while building my sample player for Peaks DMC the build (or conversion to wav) failed due to being oversize.
pld
th0mas wrote:
However the .hex file is only 465762 bytes so I'm pretty sure we're fine for space. When I went over size while building my sample player for Peaks DMC the build (or conversion to wav) failed due to being oversize.

If you haven't checked already, something to watch out for is whether the code ends up overlapping the flash sectors used for saving sample buffers (and/or settings, depending where they're located for Clouds). AFAIK that's not flagged during the build.
th0mas
We good. It fits.

Demo video. I walk through all the parasites modes including Kammerl.

Pull request is open now on parasites repository to start getting feedback, but it's not quite done. Reverb is still enabled and I think there's a few things missing from 0.31 still.

https://github.com/mqtthiqs/parasites/pull/1
jwise
It's time to celebrate and do the Rockin' Banana! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
starmandeluxe
th0mas wrote:
We good. It fits.

Pull request is open now on parasites repository to start getting feedback, but it's not quite done. Reverb is still enabled and I think there's a few things missing from 0.31 still.

Oh. My. God.

That was fast eek!

AND you have reverb as part of the beat repeat mode?? That's even better
IMO hihi Any way we can get the .wav?
Emmanuel G.
not quite sure what's in there but it sounds cool smile

I'm confused, did you use the parasites granular, original granular or kammerl granular

I think some have said, and I would agree, that the parasites granular doesn't sound quite as well as the others. my personal favorite being the original one (not with the reverb at the end of the chain) and I'm using kammerl firmware (kammerl granular being close enough)

however, the reverse grain feature from parasites is really amazing
nectarios
th0mas wrote:
We good. It fits.

Brilliant. It would be cool to know if you added the Kammerl Granular (and Wavepicker) and they all fit like that SlayerBadger!
th0mas
It's exactly Parasites with Kammerl beat repeat added, so right now the granular mode is the parasites granular mode.

For merging Kammerl and Parasites I don't intend on making any (intentional hihi) creative changes, so I'm going to make beat repeat act exactly like it does in the Kammerl firmware, and not change anything else in the parasites firmware.

Changing the parasites granular mode could be a separate job done later. Same with introducing spectral clouds to Parasites.

Over the weekend I'll fix up the missing bits on that pull request and try to get some eyes on it.
dooj88
wavepicker? smooshing parasites together? i thought people with 2 clouds were a bit nutty, since HP is the ultimate premium.. but damn, with all these incredible modes.. it's actually becoming something i'd consider.

had a blast with spectral clouds. earlier this morning just let it do it's thing for 20 minutes and sat back and listened. it's beautiful! here's a clip of just braids going into Spectral Clouds, and one channel going back out to FM itself. Light modulation on Clouds. nothing groundbreaking and i'm certainly not putting it through its paces, but it makes gorgeous sounds.

xorsister
th0mas wrote:

WOW!
Thats really awesome! Even with a fast switching interface!
Any way we could get that .hex or a wav?

we're not worthy
Emmanuel G.
th0mas wrote:
It's exactly Parasites with Kammerl beat repeat added, so right now the granular mode is the parasites granular mode.

For merging Kammerl and Parasites I don't intend on making any (intentional hihi) creative changes, so I'm going to make beat repeat act exactly like it does in the Kammerl firmware, and not change anything else in the parasites firmware.

Changing the parasites granular mode could be a separate job done later. Same with introducing spectral clouds to Parasites.

Over the weekend I'll fix up the missing bits on that pull request and try to get some eyes on it.

I've read somewhere that the modification parasites made to granular mode somehow lower the polyphony (maybe to make room for something else) and push the texture range a little further.

I don't know anything about anything, but I'd say this may or may not be why it doesn't feel like it sounds as good as the others.
Vanilla granular is amazing, only thing it misses is the grain reverse feature in my opinion.
Where the reverb sits is obviously a matter of personal preference

I think my ideal cloud would have

- Vanilla granular with grain reverse feature
- Wavepicker
- Beat Repeat
- Resonnestor
- sync'd looping delay
- one of the spectral modes (really I like both equally) or even the oliverb would be nice

having extremely basic understanding if programming (close to none, really, but not exactly none either) how difficult/expensive would it be for me to learn how to do it and actually end up doing it? (I have no idea), does it require a complete code redesign or is it more of a "copy/paste" bits of code together? or something in between?
adh82
Emmanuel G wrote:

I think my ideal cloud would have

- Vanilla granular with grain reverse feature
- Wavepicker
- Beat Repeat
- Resonnestor
- sync'd looping delay
- one of the spectral modes (really I like both equally) or even the oliverb would be nice

Plus one for this selection of awesome modes!
xorsister
So i managed to compile it as a WAV - so if anyone interested - here's a link smile
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By2_5gdR5VsvQmdQMHN4TEU4MFE

Works perfect - and reverb on beat-repeat mode makes it even better!
applause
xorsister
Also if anyone is able to shine some light on the ability of the regular granular mode to NOT have a pre-delay (seed grains in realtime with an input signal if position knob is in the leftmost position) - it will be very cool! May want to mess with code a bit..
we're not worthy
starmandeluxe
xorsister wrote:
So i managed to compile it as a WAV - so if anyone interested - here's a link smile
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By2_5gdR5VsvQmdQMHN4TEU4MFE

Works perfect - and reverb on beat-repeat mode makes it even better!
applause

THERE WE GO! Thanks for the special delivery! Gonna have a blast with this later. Reverb + beat repeat was what I was missing!
Roy72
I just installed 0.42 but it seems to have gone a but pear-shaped. Original Clouds and the BeatRepeat work fine (likin' beat repeat), but the spectral stuff and delay are really noisy (with no distortion). Have tried re-installing and have also re-downloaded and installed again, same problem,. Any tips?
jwise
th0mas wrote:

@th0mas any update on packing up a build for others to test?
th0mas
I pinged some people on the PR, hopefully they chime in with an overall +1 or -1 on the idea.

If it's a go I'll clean up the remaining bits and pieces.
jwise
th0mas wrote:
I pinged some people on the PR, hopefully they chime in with an overall +1 or -1 on the idea.

If it's a go I'll clean up the remaining bits and pieces.

I just went over and added my wishes for these to be merged, to include Spectal Clouds too!
th0mas
Looks like Parasites is not maintained any more. I might play with taking the best bits of it (Resonator, Oliverb) and adding them to the Kammerl firmware.
jwise
It's always nice to get blessing first but as the hardware is Open Source and these firmware alternatives must touch into that foundation, it would make sense that others have the right to work with what has been put in to the world of Open Source and make derivatives, especially when trying first to tread with a soft touch. So please get these merging so we can have the most awesome all around features smile
th0mas
jwise wrote:
It's always nice to get blessing first but as the hardware is Open Source and these firmware alternatives must touch into that foundation, it would make sense that others have the right to work with what has been put in to the world of Open Source and make derivatives, especially when trying first to tread with a soft touch. So please get these merging so we can have the most awesome all around features smile

sure, but 100 abandoned firmwares help nobody. If you're drastically in a rush use that build that was posted a page ago.
jwise
th0mas wrote:
If you're drastically in a rush use that build that was posted a page ago.

No rush. I'm happy waiting for you to work through the process of bringing together the best elements of the disparate pieces.
donrock
th0mas wrote:
I might play with taking the best bits of it (Resonator, Oliverb) and adding them to the Kammerl firmware.

Thank you so much for doing this! Of course, also big thanks to the devs behind parasites and kammerl firmwares, but to have both in one... That will make for the ultimate clouds firmware!

we're not worthy
ignatius
just bumping this in hopes of news/updates etc..

i forget which version of the kammerl FW i have on my clouds.. but i dig it.. i don't think it's a version w/the wavepicker mode.. .
jwise
Adding to the bump as I too would like to see @th0mas bring an official release forward.
Johnny Matta
Wish th0mas is still working on this firmware. It'd be easily one of the best effect processors among Eurorack modules
L.C.O.
Just contributing to the chorus in saying that I love the new modes, and wanted to thank the developer for investing his time to make this, AND share it with us at no cost!
Very grateful.
p.
olivierkolly
nanners
KaOsphere
we're not worthy
th0mas
When I found out Clouds Parasites was no longer maintained (https://github.com/mqtthiqs/parasites/pull/1) I spent some time wondering what I wanted to do.

I tried bringing the Resonestor into the Kammerl firmware and, oddly enough, ran out of space. Specifically, RAM for the stack. I haven't figured out if this is because spectral clouds takes up more RAM than the original spectral mode, or I'm guessing Parasites has some other compromise or tricks to reduce RAM usage I haven't figured out yet.

So right now your options are wait patiently, or use that unofficial firmware build that was posted a few pages back. But I have no timeline for when I'd have something I'm happy to release.
MATSmile
w00t
Southfork
Did anyone upload a .hex of the latest Kammerl?
yghartsyrt
so.. is there a way to get the most recent kammerl version? it seems the site is down?
donrock
Which version is the most recent? I have version 05_p1 that I can share if needed
nectarios
donrock wrote:
Which version is the most recent? I have version 05_p1 that I can share if needed

That's the Wavepicker one I think, which is the most recent.
donrock
ok, if anybody needs it PM me, and I'll give you the link.
KaOsphere
Southfork wrote:
Did anyone upload a .hex of the latest Kammerl?

Looking for the same thing here.

th0mas, I don't know if this involves more work for you or not, but I may ask...

Do you have a .hex of your firmware avaliable ?

Thanks a lot.
jkammerl
Hey, I added the HEX for the v0.42 version here:
abozzelli
@jkammerl

any chance to see this firmware ported to VCV Rack?
Southfork
jkammerl wrote:

Thanks was looking for this for ages!!! It's peanut butter jelly time!
1960strat
Wow, this is great stuff. Thank you for doing this!
jkammerl wrote:
tomskiis
I am now going to cop clouds screaming goo yo
tommyecho
I'm trying to find the Kammerl firmware download, but coming up empty at the links provided in this thread and elsewhere. Did it disappear?
Mashmore
tommyecho wrote:
I'm trying to find the Kammerl firmware download, but coming up empty at the links provided in this thread and elsewhere. Did it disappear?

So odd I just downloaded this yesterday from the site and you are right, Site seems to be either down or pulled.
jkammerl
Apologies, my server has hiccups from time to time. It should be up again!
jkammerl
Hmm sorry, something funky is still going on.. I'm on it
jkammerl
Ok all good again.. have fun!
dhoinjo
Maybe a stupid question but I'm rather safe than sorry: I've got the parasite firmware installed right now. Do I need to reinstall the official firmware again before installing this one? Or can I just install the Kammerl firmware over parasites?
ignatius
dhoinjo wrote:
Maybe a stupid question but I'm rather safe than sorry: I've got the parasite firmware installed right now. Do I need to reinstall the official firmware again before installing this one? Or can I just install the Kammerl firmware over parasites?

you can just install the kammerl one over parasites.. it doesn't matter.
dhoinjo
ignatius wrote:
dhoinjo wrote:

you can just install the kammerl one over parasites.. it doesn't matter.

thanks!
tommyecho
jkammerl wrote:
Ok all good again.. have fun!

Awesome! Thank you!

I loaded it up last night and lost a lot of sleep. Love it

Here's a first foray

glitch rock
joebauer
I love the Kammerl beat repeat so much that I decided to make a relabeled alternative panel just for it. I got in touch with Julius and he liked it and gave me permission to offer them for sale. (The files are also on github if you prefer to DIY) Thought I'd share here since there seem to be a few like-minded fans smile

Edit: You can get the panels from Etsy, here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/577997644/kalamazoo-kammerl-clouds-altern ative

What’s with all the silver wiggly lines on the panels? I'm a member of the North Coast Modular Collective, and as the name of the Collective suggests, we are closely associated with the Great Lakes region. We decided to celebrate that connection with a design sense of space. That’s why all our modules and panels are named after a location and feature topographical map contour lines from that place.
cptnal
Just installed Kammerl, so this interests me greatly. Thanks. thumbs up
jkammerl
I absolutely love it! Thanks Joe for creating this beautiful panel!

Inward
Especially the second one is really cool. I would love one!
dhoinjo
Where do you sell them?
mckenic
Beautiful!
But the shipping is a killer!
joebauer
dhoinjo wrote:
Where do you sell them?

They're up on Etsy right now at: https://www.etsy.com/listing/577997644/kalamazoo-kammerl-clouds-altern ative
joebauer
mckenic wrote:
Beautiful!

Thanks for the compliment. Sorry about the shipping, it's the same for me when I want to buy from Thonk ;-) But, PM me if you really want one and I'll look into whether there's a slower/cheaper shipping method to Ireland from here outside what Etsy offers with USPS (maybe FedEx, UPS, or DHL).
gonkulator
Ordered the panel. Guess I better load the firmware.
dhoinjo
Quote:
They're up on Etsy right now

thanks!
Bobby
nectarios wrote:

This is great though!

Hi,

What is the sampler used in this?

All the best

Bobby
mckenic
joebauer wrote:
mckenic wrote:
Beautiful!

Thanks for the compliment. Sorry about the shipping, it's the same for me when I want to buy from Thonk ;-) But, PM me if you really want one and I'll look into whether there's a slower/cheaper shipping method to Ireland from here outside what Etsy offers with USPS (maybe FedEx, UPS, or DHL).

You know what - thanks for the offer but for what is offered the price is great! Please forgive my grumpy! I saw the panel was €17 and shipping is €11. Im VERY happy to pay that for such a cool panel, thanks for entertaining the idea but Imna just be grateful and grab a panel!

[Edit - Oh Crap! Dunno if I selected the White! Could I have a white please? Im Dave O Mahony from Limerick! Thanks!]
dhoinjo
Quote:
panel is €17 and shipping is €11

+20€ import taxes in Belgium if the total amount of value and shipping is above 22€. That gives a total of 48€ to get it here. eek!

Quote:
But, PM me if you really want one and I'll look into whether there's a slower/cheaper shipping method to Ireland from here outside what Etsy offers with USPS

PM'ed you
christophin
can I install this on uclouds?
nectarios
Bobby wrote:
nectarios wrote:

This is great though!

Hi,

What is the sampler used in this?

All the best

Bobby

Radio Music
Funky40
joebauer wrote:

They're up on Etsy right now at:

Thanks !
my first alternative face plate i ever ordered.
Though, i´ve not installed the kammerl beat repeat yet.
joebauer
Funky40 wrote:

Thanks !
my first alternative face plate i ever ordered.
Though, i´ve not installed the kammerl beat repeat yet.

Thank YOU! I think I use the beat repeat on nearly every major patch I wire up. I used it for several months before making these panels and once I had one I was surprised at how much more I was able to get out of it just by having something so simple as all those labels on the panel instead of having to look it up. I'd love to hear what you make with yours!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Joe
mckenic
I found a set of settings that really worked for a major piece I was doing last year and just modulated around the settings not drastically changing modes or anything. Piece was successfully picked for a conference I submitted so yeah! It worked!

But Im REALLY looking forward to understanding with the faceplate, what I liked so much and worked so well for me just using ma ears!
dhoinjo
Quote:
I found a set of settings that really worked

care to share some of your findings? Any help/inspiration is always welcome!
mckenic
Absolutely, will do! It will be the weekend though if thats cool.
I must also mention I was feeding RadioMusic with Answerphone and Science Fiction soundscapes into Clouds - and my main thing for school is using a brainwave interface to cv control Clouds.

So YMMV - many of the brainwave cvs are scaled very low so minute movements in the module to be controlled :-)
dhoinjo
Thanks! thumbs up
jkammerl
Here's a cool demo by Cliffemu of the beat repeat mode (thanks!):
https://instagram.com/p/BfBylVinWrC/
nectarios
jkammerl wrote:
I absolutely love it! Thanks Joe for creating this beautiful panel!

Love it, just placed an order.
dhoinjo
waiting for my new frontpanel so decided to record a first patch.

Thanks nectarios for the idea of using euclidean rhythms to clock and trigger the beat repeater. Irregular clocks really open up this thing!

Funky40
th0mas wrote:
We good. It fits.

i insatalled this one. Had to because i need the original fisrt mode in parasites version ( original isn´t able to do what i need my clouds for)

has anybody a list of the modes for this FW please ? i´m to dumb / to unfamiliar with other cloud modes in the meantime
and: that mode where the first two plus the last LED are lit is doing nothing here . ??
i even can´t make out for shure which one ´s the Kammerl mode in this software.
kammerl is not the latest version in this FW ?
th0mas
Funky40 wrote:

i insatalled this one. Had to because i need the original fisrt mode in parasites version ( original isn´t able to do what i need my clouds for)

has anybody a list of the modes for this FW please ? i´m to dumb / to unfamiliar with other cloud modes in the meantime
and: that mode where the first two plus the last LED are lit is doing nothing here . ??
i even can´t make out for shure which one ´s the Kammerl mode in this software.
kammerl is not the latest version in this FW ?

Kammerl is the last mode in this version of the firmware, which is the first two plus last LED. Not sure why for you it isn't doing nothing but it's likely one of the blend parameters.

It is not the latest version of the Kammerl FW. After the PR was rejected I didn't work any more on trying to merge the two firmwares together and eventually sold my clouds. I did try to merge my favorite Parasites modes on top of the Kammerl firmware but couldn't get it to fit in flash.
Funky40
th0mas wrote:

Kammerl is the last mode in this version of the firmware, which is the first two plus last LED. Not sure why for you it isn't doing nothing but it's likely one of the blend parameters.

This is good info, thank you th0mas

just got the new faceplate. will install it later and check.
superb Job on the faceplate. Will pair well with the DLD,
.........not only optically, hehe.
joebauer
Funky40 wrote:
Will pair well with the DLD,
.........not only optically, hehe.

Absolutely. I love running my DLD with the Kammerl firmware. Depending on what you're going for, I've found it fun to have the clock out of one of the loops on the DLD go into the clock in of clouds. Then on the DLD modulate the time for that loop and you get some wacky synched goodness. smile

BTW, glad you like the panel. Thanks for the compliments smile
cptnal
Bitmud wrote:
Gripp wrote:
Bitmud wrote:

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of the noise issue?

I thought something weird was going on with the other modes and I tried reinstalling/recalibrating to no avail. Tried different cases, same thing. Ended up going back to the stock firmware and now it's full of noise too! Well, Spectral Madness sounds OK but Looping Delay is unusable. And I'm not sure whether the high pitched grains were there in the original granular mode, but TBH it's been so long since I had an un-firmwared Clouds I've forgotten what it's supposed to sound like.

Any of this sound familiar to anyone? seriously, i just don't get it
sokoleski
does anyone know the status of this one..

Still v0.5 the latest version?
dhoinjo
Quote:

0.5? I thought 0.42 was the latest?
nectarios
dhoinjo wrote:
Quote:

v05_p1 includes the Wavepicker mode. This is the one I have and this is the firmware my factory Clouds will stay with.
Chopper
Wait, where do you guys get the 0.5 from?? It isn't on the Kammerl website (or i just didn't pay attention well enough...). Thanks!
dhoinjo
interested too. Wasn't that 5.0 still in beta? If not: anybody have a link?
jkammerl
Here's the link:
Instructions for the new Wave Picker mode are somewhere in this long thread smile

It's still in beta since I have some ideas how to extent the Wave Picker mode that I'd like to try first.
dhoinjo
ok. Thanks!
sokoleski
Yes, then it's the one i'll be installing!

The first three are standard ones, but with v.0.5 there are an additional 3 modes, SPECTRAL CLOUDS , BEAT REPEAT and WAVE PICKER right !?
How are they setup in the algo's chooser?

1. (First LED lit) Granular processor (normal operation).
2. (Second LED lit) Pitch shifter/time-stretcher.
3. (Third LED lit) Looping delay.
4. (Fourth LED lit) SPECTRAL CLOUDS
5. ?
6. ?

Many thanks in advance /M
nectarios wrote:
dhoinjo wrote:
Quote:

v05_p1 includes the Wavepicker mode. This is the one I have and this is the firmware my factory Clouds will stay with.

------

No worries, found the missing blanks here It's peanut butter jelly time!

jkammerl
Resurfacing this post..

jkammerl wrote:

This is how it works:

These are the controls:
Size -> Sample loop size

villeRMD
Is there going to be future any updates on this in near future, contemplating on getting another clouds just for Kammerl beat OS + Kammerl frontplate. thumbs up
jkammerl
After 4 iterations on the best repeat mode, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm not planning to apply bigger changes to it.
Lineofcontrol
jkammerl wrote:
Resurfacing this post..

jkammerl wrote:

This is how it works:

These are the controls:
Size -> Sample loop size

404 not found. Is your website down???
jkammerl
This is the correct link (see previous post) http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05_p1.wav
villeRMD
Excellent work gentlemen, you have done superb job with the alternative modes thumbs up
Chopper
Thanks again!
th0mas
villeRMD wrote:
Excellent work gentlemen, you have done superb job with the alternative modes thumbs up

gentleman, it's only Julius who is innovating here.. I just crammed his code into the parasites code once and then abandoned it after it didn't get merged.
L.C.O.
jkammerl wrote:
This is the correct link (see previous post) http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/downloads/clouds_kammerl_firmware_v 05_p1.wav

Is there any documentation/manual for the latest version?

I have to admit that I got a little lost in what is what...

A simple rundown of the modes and knob/function assignments would be very helpful and much appreciated.

Thank you for your awesome work!
joebauer
WHAT?! How did I miss this? Julius, you're going to make me get not just a second, but now a third clouds?! wink Seriously, though, this mode looks like it has a ton of potential. I'll have to download it and try it out.

I watched the video and love the mangling it was doing. But I was wondering if you turn the size knob all the way to the left would it set the size to a single cycle, turning Clouds into more of a classic wavetable VCO? Then the position knob would be like scrubbing through the "table"? And the pitch knob essentially becomes a tune knob for the pitch CV coming in? Or do I completely misunderstand the intention? Because if it could slide in and out of that sort of classic wavetable VCO style and what you posted on the video I'd go bonkers.

jkammerl wrote:
Resurfacing this post..

jkammerl wrote:

This is how it works:

These are the controls:
Size -> Sample loop size

jkammerl
joebauer wrote:

I watched the video and love the mangling it was doing. But I was wondering if you turn the size knob all the way to the left would it set the size to a single cycle, turning Clouds into more of a classic wavetable VCO? Then the position knob would be like scrubbing through the "table"? And the pitch knob essentially becomes a tune knob for the pitch CV coming in? Or do I completely misunderstand the intention? Because if it could slide in and out of that sort of classic wavetable VCO style and what you posted on the video I'd go bonkers.

Good guess smile That's exactly what this mode is doing, freely picking waveforms from the Clouds sample buffer and using them as VCO. I'd love to get your feedback (also on knob assignment, etc.) and iterate on it before adding it officially to the firmware. Note that based on some feedback I got from other users, I separated the two VCO voices which are now separately output on L/R.
joebauer
jkammerl wrote:
Good guess smile That's exactly what this mode is doing, freely picking waveforms from the Clouds sample buffer and using them as VCO. I'd love to get your feedback (also on knob assignment, etc.) and iterate on it before adding it officially to the firmware. Note that based on some feedback I got from other users, I separated the two VCO voices which are now separately output on L/R.

YES!! SlayerBadger! w00t applause nanners thumbs up applause

I'll get it on my Clouds ASAP and get back to you.

edit: messed up the quote...
dhoinjo
Got my new faceplate in the mail today. Thanks Joe!
mckenic
Ditto! Thank you very much!
thumbs up
joebauer
dhoinjo wrote:
Got my new faceplate in the mail today. Thanks Joe!

mckenic wrote:
Ditto! Thank you very much!
thumbs up

Great! Thank YOU. Would love to see what you do with them! smile
Mulletstache
Tried to find the answer on other threads but no luck, so i'll try here. I'm having a problem updating this firmware to a DIY clouds. When i play the file from a computer all the fourl leds blink red immediately. The outcoming sound is full from the computer and no matter what gain setting is on the module this happens still. When i play the file from my phone it recognizes the signal but eventually the update fails and the four leds start blinking. I have the phone on airplane mode so no interference should happen. I asked the guy who built it and he has no idea what could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated, this is really frustrating.
Southfork
Mulletstache wrote:
Tried to find the answer on other threads but no luck, so i'll try here. I'm having a problem updating this firmware to a DIY clouds. When i play the file from a computer all the fourl leds blink red immediately. The outcoming sound is full from the computer and no matter what gain setting is on the module this happens still. When i play the file from my phone it recognizes the signal but eventually the update fails and the four leds start blinking. I have the phone on airplane mode so no interference should happen. I asked the guy who built it and he has no idea what could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated, this is really frustrating.

Which diy clouds? Regular or uclouds?
Mulletstache
Southfork wrote:
Mulletstache wrote:

Regular one. I just fed it parasites firmware and it ate it on the first try.
Southfork
Mulletstache wrote:
Southfork wrote:
Mulletstache wrote:

I’m that case all I can recommmend is to try different settings and keep going. If parasites worked there’s nothing intrinsically different with beat repeat firmware. Maybe try some other firmwares like back to the original and see if they give you any problems.
Mulletstache
Southfork wrote:
Mulletstache wrote:
Southfork wrote:
Mulletstache wrote:

I’m that case all I can recommmend is to try different settings and keep going. If parasites worked there’s nothing intrinsically different with beat repeat firmware. Maybe try some other firmwares like back to the original and see if they give you any problems.

Yeah i got the parasites running like it should now so i decided to try the kammerl firmware on my factory made Clouds. Does the same thing as with the diy one. The audio file runs a certain amount of time and then all of a sudden all reds. Also what's interesting is that when it starts, only the first and the second led are running and if i turn the gain more it goes straight to reds. Also this was the case with the diy Clouds. I'll have to try with another laptop when i get home.

EDIT: Problem "solved": it appears you just had to have an infinite amount of tries. Don't know how many tens of times i tried it again and again but eventually it went through and after calibration everything seems to working fine. Now to play around with it!
nectarios

Cheers!
metaBit
christophin wrote:
can I install this on uclouds?

Wondering this too after seeing this:

Southfork wrote:

in response to a firmware question.

I thought they'd be identical but would love confirmation before I try to update the firmware on my uClouds. Thanks!
joebauer
nectarios wrote:

Cheers!

Looks great with friends! :-D Thanks for sharing!
beliefsystemrecords
Could anyone send me or upload the kammerl firmware? I just built a uClouds with matching kammerl panel but the kammerl website is down.

Thanks alot!

Cheers

D.
AnalogAssailant
ver 0.42 of kammerl (wav)
beliefsystemrecords
AnalogAssailant wrote:
ver 0.42 of kammerl (wav)

thanks so much !
baleen
so uh kammerl site is down and I don't have a copy of the manual for this firmware...does anyone have a manual or guide saved/bookmarked? thanks!
cliffemu
baleen wrote:
so uh kammerl site is down and I don't have a copy of the manual for this firmware...does anyone have a manual or guide saved/bookmarked? thanks!

You can look at that alt panel above XD
mckenic
Jazus - something I can actually help with!
Pulled a copy down to have a look at last month as I was getting ready for a gig.
AnalogAssailant
pdf version of manual
dhoinjo
thumbs up
baleen
YASSS thank you friends
jkammerl
My site is up again. Apologies for the down time!
mckenic
Great news! Thank you!

Do you want the zip above removed?
jkammerl
uClouds with kammerl pannel sounds cool! Would you mind sharing some pics?

beliefsystemrecords wrote:
Could anyone send me or upload the kammerl firmware? I just built a uClouds with matching kammerl panel but the kammerl website is down.

Thanks alot!

Cheers

D.
jkammerl
Nice breakbeat mangling:
moncks_crossing
Is the short press of the B button still allow to change the audio quality?
The LED glows red with the short press.
Could not see this in the Beat Repeat manual.
djd_oz
Fixed!
nectarios

So, it works fine on drums and things with loud transients but gets too clicky with anything that is smooth. Sending irregular clocks to it, makes a world of a different when its Slice Prob you can to CV, instead of Clock Div.
digitalohm
does anyone happen to have a copy of the manual? I'm not finding the docs at http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/ just a folder with a couple images (not sure how to enable kammerl from the other clouds modes).
AnalogAssailant
digitalohm wrote:
does anyone happen to have a copy of the manual? I'm not finding the docs at http://www.kammerl.de/audio/clouds/ just a folder with a couple images (not sure how to enable kammerl from the other clouds modes).

check page 16 of this thread
gimber
AnalogAssailant wrote:
digitalohm wrote:

Thanks for that reminder. I missed this pdf the first time around and got into the habit of always checking his site for the manual.
digitalohm
AnalogAssailant wrote:

d'oh! thanks lol, i got to page 10 and gave up hope

Guinness ftw! Cheers!
jkammerl
The site is up and running again.. sorry for the inconvenience!
IImyment
Thank you Julius
Fuseball
Just received a Clouds today with Kammerl 0.42 installed. Loving the creative possibilities from the Beat-Repeat mode.

One question though - on the first granular mode... is feedback no longer a function with a frozen buffer? I installed the vanilla MI firmware and it worked on there but not on 0.42.

Apologies if this was covered earlier in the thread. Had a quick look a few pages back but didn't see any mention.
naturarerum
forget it, I managed to grab it smile if this happens again here's a google drive link for people looking to grab the wav: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14jXWY3afVnG8N_oQtr3Etnk6J-lomBqp

I'm trying to download the .wav from the website, but for some reason I'm getting dial-up speed - 12hours to download 11MB... could anyone upload it to google drive or something? Thanks!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 17