MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

shlisp on linux?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author shlisp on linux?
igormpc
how can i install shlisp on linux?

as i understand fish is a 32bit app but on MASS SHNTH BOG on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/481168785410750/) user James Yasha Cunningham was able to install shlisp and other software on linux...

i tried a sudo make on rpi3 with raspian but got a error:

pi@raspberry:~/shlsp/sorce $ sudo make
gcc main.cpp -xc++ -DLINUSTORWALDS -lusb-1.0 -oshlisp
In file included from main.cpp:24:0:
chub.h:13:31: fatal error: libusb-1.0/libusb.h: No such file or directory
#include <libusb-1.0/libusb.h>
^
compilation terminated.
makefile:26: recipe for target 'main' failed
make: *** [main] Error 1

any help? hmmm.....
windspirit
Are you trying to intall just fish or shlisp by itself? Fwiw I was not able to use the most recent version of fish on ubuntu although all the versions before that worked fine. Talking with Peter we could not figure out the problem.
Yasha
I believe that igormpc managed to get shlisp working on his RPi. There was a missing dependency. To compile shlisp on a Raspberry Pi you first must install libusb-1.0-0-dev.

I managed to install shlisp & justints on my RPi3, but got an error when I tried to compile sqush. Has anyone actually used sqush or know what it does? I can't find any mention of it anywhere on the interwebs.

I had misunderstood that Fish couldn't be compiled for linux on the Raspberry Pi because its processor is 32-bit, since there is obviously a 32-bit binary for Mac OS X provided. However, there's no Makefile for Fish in the shnth483 folder and the jucelibrarycode folder isn't included, so I wouldn't know how to try.
igormpc
yes i did it with libusb-1.0-0-dev smile
also with readme part about usb:

Quote:
you can give permission for shnth by putting a file named "shnth.rules" inside the
/etc/udev/rules.d/ directory.
the shnth.rules file should contain the following text:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="6666", ATTR{idProduct}=="6666", MODE="0666"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1