MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What module(s) will give me this sound?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author What module(s) will give me this sound?
JonathanB
Totally blown away by these bassy sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFy_7j3GEx8

WATCH FROM 21:20

I'm in the Eurorack format.. any tips?

we're not worthy
pstanig
[quote="JonathanB"]Totally blown away by these bassy sounds:

we're not worthy[/quote]

the presets in Mutant Industries Creams and Dwarfs, and some of those in Curcuma Industry EMC2, not to mention Soviet Slaves Crammilator, will get you exactly that sound... hihi

On a serious note: what modules will give you that sound? None, and any of them. With some care, any pair of oscillators, envs, vcas, and a filter (plus outboard fx) can get you quite close. Or even do better than this. The right question to ask would be "How do I patch a sound like this?". [Almost 20 years in modular, and I still think that my good old A110s and A120 allow me to make most "standard" synth sounds...Too bad I'm into power electronics and acousmatic so I ended up buying more stuff.]
orangehexagon
pstanig wrote:
"How do I patch a sound like this?".

This x1000

getting kind of annoyed with the rampant consumerist sensibilities in the synth community

where did the DIY and punk ethos go?
pstanig
[quote="orangehexagon"][quote="pstanig"]"How do I patch a sound like this?". [/quote]

This x1000

getting kind of annoyed with the rampant consumerist sensibilities in the synth community

where did the DIY and punk ethos go?[/quote]

Well, in spite of the fact I grew up as a HC punk kid and all that, I somewhat disagree on the loss of punk DIY ethos remark. To be honest, the phenomenon can be read in a way more conservative light too: it has more to do with the fact that too often, humans tend to forget that making "things" (including sounds) requires some craft, and that craft can be only acquired through apprenticeship (emulating what skilled craftspersons make) and practice. The consumerist ethos does indeed magnify this oblivion about learning how to make things, I concede. And yeah, this lazy worldview is rampant among the Mutant Soviet Dwarfhammer here-s-the-money crowd.
orangehexagon
pstanig wrote:
orangehexagon wrote:
pstanig wrote:
"How do I patch a sound like this?".

This x1000

where did the DIY and punk ethos go?

Well, in spite of the fact I grew up as a HC punk kid and all that, I somewhat disagree on the loss of punk DIY ethos remark. To be honest, the phenomenon can be read in a way more conservative light too: it has more to do with the fact that too often, humans tend to forget that making "things" (including sounds) requires some craft, and that craft can be only acquired through apprenticeship (emulating what skilled craftspersons make) and practice. The consumerist ethos does indeed magnify this oblivion about learning how to make things, I concede. And yeah, this lazy worldview is rampant among the Mutant Soviet Dwarfhammer here-s-the-money crowd.

I totally agree.

My point was more about increasingly seeing people in the synth community trying to achieve a result by buying more things, as opposed to looking at what tools they already have at their disposal and working to achieve that result.

We're bombarded with marketing everyday... people trying to sell us shit we don't need for problems we dont have. The art and music community used to be a reprieve, but it's reached a point where everything is a singular swamp.
MindMachine
pstanig wrote:
Soviet Slaves Crammilator, will get you exactly that sound... hihi

That would be a nice pedal name. Super compressed chorus/tremolo.
FetidEye
JonathanB wrote:
Totally blown away by these bassy sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFy_7j3GEx8

WATCH FROM 21:20

we're not worthy

a few (2 or 3) detuned PWM VCO's mixed together , a fast envelope + VCA and a filter will work, maybe add some slight overdrive before the filter
and add reverb obviously
LoFi Junglist
FetidEye wrote:
a few (2 or 3) detuned PWM VCO's mixed together , a fast envelope + VCA and a filter will work, maybe add some slight overdrive before the filter and add reverb obviously

Yah, sounds very fast. The detuning is very apparent a minute or two when the notes lengthen.

The interview with the composers is pretty interesting, finding that 'uneasy tone' (no patch note tho)

I'm off to buy something now, to spite this thread.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1