MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing Cocteau, mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Introducing Cocteau, mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone
Leverkusen
Yes, a notcher batch of these would be wonderful - possibly connected with the other two mod boards...

Drums!
BARE BONES
Id definitely be up for one of these and the cv board
supervalued
effegee wrote:
Vactrol-8 kit

The second kit adds 8 or 16 CV inputs in the form of vactrol circuits. These vactrol circuits are similar those found in various commercially available drum modules, where a CV signal received is output as a variable resistance, adding CV control over pots and resistors of the user’s choice. The Vactrol-8 kit puts modular CV control into a tabletop drum machine format, i.e., Cocteau, YOCTO, or NAVA.

There are three parts to the kit:
1) Two Vactrol PCBs that mount on the floor the enclosure, 8 vactrol circuits per PCB.
2) CV Input jacks (3.5 mm, mono) on the back panel, connected to the Vactrol PCB
3) Front face Switch PCB with SPDT slide switches that connect or bypass the individual vactrol circuits. This Switch PCB connects to the Vactrol PCB via a shielded 16-conductor ribbon cable.

Hey, what vactrols are going to be used? I guess they should be "fast" ones, right?
effegee
supervalued wrote:
Hey, what vactrols are going to be used? I guess they should be "fast" ones, right?

NSL-32SR3
Jean Luc Cougar
What's the best play for a Cocteau / Yocto V1 right now?

On the Elicktronic site it says Yocto V1's are sold out
The one guy that makes cases (Kasper or something like that) has been unresponsive to people that paid for cases for 1-2 months.

Is there any way to get a V1 + Cocteau right now?

It looks like I could:
1. Buy a V2 Yocto, but no Cocteau, and possibly no case
2. Try to buy V1 Yocto from someone selling theirs, but maybe no Cocteau, and then maybe an Erika case that I drill and have to label myself.

In all honesty, neither option is good.

I also worry about the overall lack of responsiveness of Elicktronic in general, it appears that they were supposed to have more Nava's in stock in September and it's mid October and no response whatsover. Who's to say that they don't update to a Nava 2.0 making Erika cases defubct as well.
jfberma
Yeah, I was excited to build the yocto v2, but I'm not going to dive into it without a viable case option
JanneI
KlangGenerator wrote:
Yes, the case looks nice. But again I am not happy with the quality of the silkscreen. The printing wears off way to easy. Turning the case around a few times already made the silkscreen peel off on some places. I think it's a good idea to treat the case with some clearcoat. Otherwise it will look like sh** after some months of use.

Same thing here, silkscreen is way too easy to wear off. I wrote to kacper but he hasn't responded :(
Leverkusen
Yes, the e-licktronic forum is not the most active one. Not speaking about debugging the firmware.

When I ordered a case from kacper last year he was not very responsive too but I got the case when I expected it to come and everything was fine.

Still would love to build a cocteau on it...
electroplated
I have an untouched complete Yocto V1 kit plus complete set of additional components that is starting to look like it might never get built. If anyone is interested, PM me smile
serum114
Hi effegee. Would you care to share how you done the reverb decay time for the clap? Ive been trying to shorten the time with little success. Thanks
goldplate
There is what you want in one of my post on the build thread.
Rxke
Build thread:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186514&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=0
serum114
thanks guys!!
brilliant work effogee. although i dont have a cocteau board it is definatley the most concise 808 mod guide ever, i hope you dont mind me borrowing a few!!
JanneI
Doing wiring... CB DECAY is polarized? No + - on the pcb? Which is which? Thanks!

EDIT: answer on the docs grin
left pad -
right pad +
maltemark
JanneI wrote:
KlangGenerator wrote:
Yes, the case looks nice. But again I am not happy with the quality of the silkscreen. The printing wears off way to easy. Turning the case around a few times already made the silkscreen peel off on some places. I think it's a good idea to treat the case with some clearcoat. Otherwise it will look like sh** after some months of use.

Same thing here, silkscreen is way too easy to wear off. I wrote to kacper but he hasn't responded :(

No response here either, the mask just peeled of from nothing ..... Anyone heard anything?
JanneI
maltemark wrote:
JanneI wrote:
KlangGenerator wrote:

No response here either, the mask just peeled of from nothing ..... Anyone heard anything?

I send my case to Kacper and he paid the shipping. Last I heard he was waiting to get enough cases to be repainted and then he'll send them back. When? Not sure..
Rxke
JanneI wrote:

I send my case to Kacper and he paid the shipping. Last I heard he was waiting to get enough cases to be repainted and then he'll send them back. When? Not sure..

the cocteau cases? Is that being organized via the yocto forums?
I seemingly don't have problem with my case, but then again I haven't used it yet, so it might be a problem in waiting... Are all cocteau cases badly screenprinted?
KlangGenerator
Kacper reworked a few cases after his customers complained about the bad quality of the first run.

I also sent him back my two cases. He returned one case that had acceptable paint quality. The other one was completely untreated.

Since Kacper disappeared from the scene, I had to file a Paypal buyer protection claim to get my money back.
newtatao
Hello everybody,

Iam in same statement, I have sent enclosures twice (really bad silkscreen quality each times) I paid twice shipping! hopfully Paypal protect sent me back my money.
I have tried to contact Kacper a lot of times, asking him to give me the vectorial design of the front plate, no answers from him!!!
So if someone gots the vectorial design, I have plan to engrave frontplate with cnc, then to finish this Yocto+cocteau into an Hammond case (or something in the same style).
Cheers
supervalued
the bad producer
Great - I need one too!
maltemark
Still No reply from kacper here.
ivaneranu
Got my case a few months ago. Saw the thread, picked a little bit of the silkscreen, and sure enough, flakes off.

Wasn't impressed with the Nava case I got from Kacper either. Standoffs were badly aligned, one broke off.

I think some kind of clearcoat will be the only way to prevent damage.

What type would you makers recommend?
JanneI
I haven't heard from kacper since jan 4th. No answers to my emails. Anyone have any info about kacper? I send my case to him for the re-paint (he paid the shipping) oct 2017.

Erica synth guys are doing their case for cocteau in a few months. It would be nice to know what's going on with Kacper. Seems odd since the first yocto case I got 2016 was spot on beautiful.
groove
jfberma wrote:
Yeah, I was excited to build the yocto v2, but I'm not going to dive into it without a viable case option

Erica has V2 cases available here:

Erica Yocto V2 Case
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 6 of 8