MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing Cocteau, mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Introducing Cocteau, mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone
effegee
Altitude909 wrote:
someone needs to talk to Kacper and see if he'll run some cases.

Kacper is doing cases. He's been working on the design. Read the original post and you'll see his front panel design and the laser-cut resin prototype panel.
newtatao
I guys,
When I saw it... I said "Life is beautiful!!!" my co-renter thank I was insane!
Great job guys, count me please for 1 set smile
I'm so much in love with my Yocto...
Best regards from Paris
MindStasis
Def in for one.
ebbflo
I'm in for two kits and two metal enclosures if interest for those is being sampled here too.
effegee
keninverse wrote:
How are the connections made to the main PCB? Fly-wires? If so, how many fly wires do you need to wire?

29 pairs of wires (1 pair per removed resistor or cap), plus 9 single wires. MTA100 headers attach to right angle connections at the top of the PCB (see photo)

reggiechacha
Looks awesome. Count me in for 1 pcb and parts.
speedmaster
Sign me in too pls !!! I think a kit and a case . Its terrific !!!
PWM
Now I want the Yocto..!
Timmy
I love the name.

the bad producer
I'm in for this 100% wonderful! Kit and parts etc, panel too...
effegee
Timmy wrote:
I love the name.

Ok, here's my favorite Cocteau Twins song:

Actually, I was going to ask Liz Fraser sing her own version of the build instructions and see how far people could get.... razz
effegee
Sign-up list for Cocteau kit is here (Google form): http://bit.ly/2ocVlOq
(Link added in original post.)

If you've signed up in this thread, go ahead and fill out the form.

I'll add a link to Kacper's form for the enclosures sometime soon.
secrethero303
Can't wait! Added myself to the Google form. Any idea how much the enclosure will be?
PixelVampyr
Sounds exactly what my Jocto needs :-) Signed up..
GryphonP3
Definitely in for one, but I would like to hear about what thought are toward development for one compatible with the V2 yocto first? Will they be compatible off the bat? I guess nobody knows yet as it is not fully developed, but maybe the architecture will be similar enough that they will be compatible.. I haven't bought a Yocto kit yet and I am wondering if I should try to get a V1.0 or wait for 2.0. I definitely want this, no matter what Yocto I get. I am sure these improvements dwarf anything the V2.0 will bring.
YannickD
Just a quick question: Are there plans to work on something similar for NAVA as well?
effegee
GryphonP3 wrote:
Definitely in for one, but I would like to hear about what thought are toward development for one compatible with the V2 yocto first? Will they be compatible off the bat? I guess nobody knows yet as it is not fully developed, but maybe the architecture will be similar enough that they will be compatible.. I haven't bought a Yocto kit yet and I am wondering if I should try to get a V1.0 or wait for 2.0. I definitely want this, no matter what Yocto I get. I am sure these improvements dwarf anything the V2.0 will bring.

e-licktronic has not revealed any details of YOCTO 2.0, but I can confirm that Cocteau is not compatible. That is, it will not fit over the top of V2.0 front PCB.
Barcode
Put me down for one in a couple weeks! Can't wait!
momo
A kind user on the Yocto forum asked Vincent from E-Licktronic if they will do any more V1.0 PCB runs and heard back:
tjh392 wrote:
He replied saying V2 is on it's way, there will be no more runs of V1. The board will have a different layout so it won't be compatible with the V1 case.

Which makes Cocteau only an option for those already with a Yocto, or with a 1.0 kit yet to be assembled. In both instances, most of those folk will have a V1 case that would need to be scrapped with the current Cocteau overlay! So it's a bit of a shame. The timing could have been earlier or later for better effect, I think. Not to knock the excellent work into Cocteau! I'm just in a dilemma over it.

By the way Vincent did reveal plans for the V2 kit - see here: http://www.e-licktronic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1191. And from there:
e-licktronic wrote:
Yocto V2.0 is still prototyping but here is the improve of the first version:
-Individual accent on each instrument
-Pad and space to add mods directly on the main PCB
-added an extra synthetic drum based on the Boss PC2
-improved sequencer with length, scale, shuffle and direction per instrument (maybe retrigger and uTiming will be added) ,
tape edit mode, a chain mod and more...
-Stereo output

Your ideas are welcome

Should be available in more or less two month

Best regards,
e-licktronic

That post was from 2nd Feb 2017.
mOBiTh
Clearly the only sensible solution here is for vincent and effegee to synchronise their designs for a V2 release.

Get to work people! hihi screaming goo yo
effegee
Sign up for Cocteau Enclosure (1st batch) here: https://goo.gl/forms/4o8l3HfiWggQw0283

(Added to original post)
GryphonP3
mOBiTh wrote:
Clearly the only sensible solution here is for vincent and effegee to synchronise their designs for a V2 release.

Get to work people! hihi screaming goo yo
agreed! Rockin' Banana!

Seriously I would love to sign up but I am skeptical at how realistic getting a Rev 1 PCB set is right now.
ebonics
wow...

i have a v1 board and enclosure that are still unbuilt...

this would mean that i would ditch my first kacper enclosure though.... and this seems a bit complex to put together...

has anyone attempted this thing as a supplementary surface (mounted on its own and wired into the 808 enclosure through a rather large hole?)

i am trying to work out if I would justify ditching the enclosure for another one or not...
PWM
ebonics wrote:
wow...

i have a v1 board and enclosure that are still unbuilt...

this would mean that i would ditch my first kacper enclosure though.... and this seems a bit complex to put together...

has anyone attempted this thing as a supplementary surface (mounted on its own and wired into the 808 enclosure through a rather large hole?)

i am trying to work out if I would justify ditching the enclosure for another one or not...

Wouldn't making a new enclosure be expensive as well?
If I had a V1 Yocto I wouldn't hesitate a second!
ebonics
ok ill go for one...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 2 of 8