MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing Cocteau, mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Introducing Cocteau, mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone
DJBRUTAL
If enough people ask, maybe they will make another small batch of v1 Yocto kits. Hit them up on their forum, Facebook, etc. Or maybe we can arrange some sort of group buy type deal for a batch of v1 kits?
GryphonP3
DJBRUTAL wrote:
If enough people ask, maybe they will make another small batch of v1 Yocto kits. Hit them up on their forum, Facebook, etc. Or maybe we can arrange some sort of group buy type deal for a batch of v1 kits?

I would be in but not sure how likely that is
PWM
DJBRUTAL wrote:

I'd like a V1 now this came to light.
sebiiksbcs
On the [COCTEAU enclosures - first batch] page it says

"Enclosures are the same as Yocto 1.0 enclosures but with some changes on front and back panel."

Does that mean the dimensions will fit inside Kacper's Yocto V1 metal case?

In that case it might be possible to drill the additional holes in? Not sure how feasible that would be especially with the shape of the switch holes of course
ebonics
sebiiksbcs wrote:
On the [COCTEAU enclosures - first batch] page it says

"Enclosures are the same as Yocto 1.0 enclosures but with some changes on front and back panel."

Does that mean the dimensions will fit inside Kacper's Yocto V1 metal case?

In that case it might be possible to drill the additional holes in? Not sure how feasible that would be especially with the shape of the switch holes of course

do you know how hard that would be? some of the drills are squares for the switches... i wouldnt attempt that...

i have a v1 case, ill just sell it and get a new one.

i just need a 100 posts to post it for sale grin
DJBRUTAL
DJBRUTAL wrote:
maybe we can arrange some sort of group buy type deal for a batch of v1 kits?

I've sent them a message, I'll report back
Paradigm X
wow. ive got an unassembled v1 kit and an el stroumpf case. this looks awesome tho. i was going to get marmot audio to build mine, but never got round to sending it to him oops id have to buy a new case but very tempting.

nice job either way.
Jwiering
Hello!

I'm a complete beginner to the DIY realm. But I am very interested in getting the Yocto with the Cocteau expansion. I have some friends who are experienced in soldering so that won't be a problem.

Can someone shed a light on what I have to order to have all the parts for a Yocto Cocteau drummachine? Really looking forward to making making music with this drummachine.. it sounds like a dream with those features! <3
DJBRUTAL
DJBRUTAL wrote:
DJBRUTAL wrote:
maybe we can arrange some sort of group buy type deal for a batch of v1 kits?

I've sent them a message, I'll report back

Received this reply:

"Due the lot of asking to get a Yocto v1.0 kit, this is your last chance to get it. We need at least 50 kits to make this batch available"

Jwiering
Nice one! I've now signed up on both links. Do I then get all the parts needed to build it? Excuse my n00bmess oops
DJBRUTAL
Jwiering wrote:
Nice one! I've now signed up on both links. Do I then get all the parts needed to build it? Excuse my n00bmess oops

You will need the following to build a Yocto with Cocteau mod:

1. v1 Yocto kit
2. Cocteau mod kit
3. Cocteau case
4. Other parts for v1 Yocto DETAILS HERE
5. Other parts for Cocteau mod - details in first post

Hope that helps.
yan6
Okay fingers crossed im signed up to all three
poser1
Ahhh.... decisions! Really want to do the V1 option with Cocteau... but I love the idea of accent per voice on the new yocto2.... but then I'm afraid I'll butcher the case/enclosure for a yocto2 when adding in some of the new optional mods without a proper overlay... what to do!!
EDIT: what a wonderful world it is to have these kinds of options - thanks!
Jwiering
DJBRUTAL wrote:
Jwiering wrote:

You will need the following to build a Yocto with Cocteau mod:

1. v1 Yocto kit
2. Cocteau mod kit
3. Cocteau case
4. Other parts for v1 Yocto DETAILS HERE
5. Other parts for Cocteau mod - details in first post

Hope that helps.

Thank you! It helped smile
effegee
DJBRUTAL wrote:

"Due the lot of asking to get a Yocto v1.0 kit, this is your last chance to get it. We need at least 50 kits to make this batch available"

http://www.e-licktronic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1321
Rxke
Ordered a Cocteau and a new case.

Now hoping there will be enough takers and this becomes a reality smile
yan6
Any indication if the minimum of 50 has been met
GryphonP3
Amazing that they have opened te possibility for a last run of V1.0s! Signed up now that that has been made official. Hopefully we dont see a cocteau2.0 as soon as I get this built hihi
effegee
yan6 wrote:
Any indication if the minimum of 50 has been met

e-licktronic confirms that the minimum 50 kits has been met and they are still taking orders.
Rxke
Wow that's insanely fast woah
KlangGenerator
Ordered two kits! cool
effegee
PayPal invoices (price of kit + shipping & handling) go out in the next couple of days. The Cocteau list will close the same day as the YOCTO V1 list, May 1st, so anyone that wants one will have to order by Monday evening (US, PDT). Then I will place the order for PCBs and parts, which should arrive within 6-8 weeks.

I've been working with Kacper to finalize the design of the back panel, front face and bottom of enclosure (not the front panel, which will stay the same) to give people the option of future modifications, especially the Autonomik Circuits CV expansion kit, which will be available later this year AND and an expansion slot for the forthcoming Drum Module Generator (DMG), which will add an additional drum voice to YOCTO in the form of swappable cartridges. Note: both the CV expansion and DMG will be compatible with YOCTO V1 (+ Cocteau), YOCTO V2 and NAVA.

Watch this thread for more information.
GryphonP3
Just paid upn (EDIT: Just saw this was for the enclosure - not the full kit yet!) SlayerBadger! So CV expansion will work on a stock NAVA? That's great news! I will take one for each then when that becomes available. Looking forward to this.. Had been waiting for the V2 Yocto to come out, but this seems like it will be a much more welcome improvement than the V2 sequencer. I always end up sequencing these from my Cirklon anyway..

effegee wrote:
PayPal invoices (price of kit + shipping & handling) go out in the next couple of days. The Cocteau list will close the same day as the YOCTO V1 list, May 1st, so anyone that wants one will have to order by Monday evening (US, PDT). Then I will place the order for PCBs and parts, which should arrive within 6-8 weeks.

I've been working with Kacper to finalize the design of the back panel, front face and bottom of enclosure (not the front panel, which will stay the same) to give people the option of future modifications, especially the Autonomik Circuits CV expansion kit, which will be available later this year AND and an expansion slot for the forthcoming Drum Module Generator (DMG), which will add an additional drum voice to YOCTO in the form of swappable cartridges. Note: both the CV expansion and DMG will be compatible with YOCTO V1 (+ Cocteau), YOCTO V2 and NAVA.

Watch this thread for more information.
effegee
All PayPal invoices have been sent out to people who filled out the google form.
There are 6 people who asked for a kit in this thread, but I still don't see their name on the google form list. (I pm'd them, but haven't heard back.) If you haven't received an invoice and still want a kit, please fill out the form so you don't miss out: http://bit.ly/2ocVlOq

The list closes tomorrow, May 1st (same day as the YOCTO V1 final batch).
rampy
Looks like the Yocto list is already closed. I feel like I had trouble signing up for it last weekend and I'm now second guessing whether or not I got through.

Is there any way that someone could PM me contact info for e-licktronic? I've already paid for Cocteau and enclosure, I'd hate to miss out on the Yocto kit.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 3 of 8