MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing Cocteau, mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Introducing Cocteau, mod PCB for your YOCTO 808 clone
effegee
24 July 2017 All kits shipped; build thread here.
2 May 2017-- 1st run closed; watch for news of Remora & Vactrol-8

30 April 2017--UPDATE:-- Information regarding other mods, Remora & Vactrol-8 added here: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2541299#2541299

21 April 2017-- UPDATE:-- e-licktronic has opened one final run of YOCTO V1 kits. Sign up closes May 1st: http://www.e-licktronic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1321

11 April 2017--UPDATE: added link to Cocteau enclosure, https://goo.gl/forms/4o8l3HfiWggQw0283

Announcing Cocteau (by Autonomik Circuits), an overlay mod PCB for the YOCTO (v1.0) analog drum machine.

Cocteau is placed over the YOCTO's front panel PCB to add 34 pots and 24 slide switches for modification of the YOCTO drum voices. Cocteau also adds duplicate RS-CL and MA circuits (RS-CL 2 & MA-2) hardwired to YOCTO's Trig-1 and Trig-2 switched jacks, allowing simultaneous sequencing of RS & CL and CP & MA (so you don't have to choose one sound at the expense of the other).

Cocteau ships as a DIY kit with PCB and hard-to-find/special-order parts (slide switches, 2M(B) pots, etc.), with a Tayda BOM for the Alpha pots and a Mouser BOM for all other parts. Build instructions will be provided.

Installation requires desoldering of some components (mostly resistors) and cutting of a few traces.

Cocteau is designed to allow the user to modify the existing circuits while allowing easy, realtime return to the original 808 sound. For example, the BD Tune pot functions only when the adjacent switch is activated; when deactivated, BD Tune returns to the original value.

Cocteau is also designed to fit within the existing panel clearance using low-profile pots, switches and connectors. A metal enclosure for the YOCTO + Cocteau will be available from Kacper Pawluk, who has already designed the front panel. A laser-cut resin panel, fabricated from his design, has been tested and fits perfectly.

Sign up for Cocteau Enclosure (1st batch) here: https://goo.gl/forms/4o8l3HfiWggQw0283

For users interested in CV control of voice parameters, there is currently in the late stages of testing a set of DIY Vactrol CV PCBs, which connect to 16 CV IN jacks (3.5 mm) on the I/O panel of the YOCTO. In addition to these 16 jacks, the Kacper Pawluk enclosure will have holes for other jacks (e.g., RS-CL 2 Audio Out, MA-2, Audio Out, White Noise IN, Accent Out, Trig-3 Out, or whatever the user decides).

Preview of some of the CV control (Soudcloud):

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/314966661" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/314966659" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/314966655" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/314966650" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/314966646" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Finally, there will be an expansion port on the back panel of the enclosure, connected to Trig-3 of the YOCTO sequencer, for installation of swappable drum modules available for future purchase.

Cocteau list of mods:

Pots (x34):

BD Tune*
BD Envelope*
BD Xtra Decay
SD Tune 1*
SD Tune 2*
SD Filter* (Snappy)
SD Decay* (Snappy)
LT Reverb
LT/LC Decay
MT Reverb
MT/MC Decay
HT Reverb
HT/HC Decay
RS Tune 1*
RS Tune 2/CL Tune*
RS Filter
CP Reverb
CP Filter
CP Density
CB Tune 1* (OSC 1 Tune)
CB Tune 2* (OSC 2 Tune)
CB Filter
CB Decay (normal)
CB Decay (long)
OSC 1 & OSC 2 trimmers (moved from underside of YOCTO PCB)
OH Filter
CH Filter
CH Decay
Metal Tune* (OSC 1 & 2 of CB/CY/OH/CH)
4 extra pots (+ extra pads) for user custom mods
RS-CL 2 Level
MA-2 Level
(Pots with * have an adjacent slide switch to change between original value resistor/cap and mod pot, allowing user to quickly switch back to authentic 808 sound.)

Additional slide switches:
LT Reverb Off
MT Reverb Off
HT Reverb Off
CP Normal Filter <--> Low Filter (x2)
CP Density <--> CP Delay
CB Decay (Normal) <--> CB Decay (Long)
MT Decay (an extra switch needed to accompany original MT-MC slide switch)
RS 2 <--> CL 2 (x2)
+ additional switches for user custom mods

Availability: Cocteau will be ready to ship about 8 weeks after the initial run list is finalized, which is the time needed to receive the special-order parts. Sign-up list is here (Google Forms): http://bit.ly/2ocVlOq

Pricing:
The projected price is $145 USD/kit, plus shipping & handling from the U.S.

What's included:
- Cocteau front panel PCB
- (17x) high-quality 500-series SPDT switches
- (7x) make-before-break (MBB) DP3T switches
- (4x) Alpha 2M(B) pots
- 1 meter shielded stereo cable
- (1x) SK30A transistor (for RS-CL-2 circuit)
- Plastic sheet (to shield between YOCTO main PCB and Cocteau)

The Tayda BOM for the pots is around $18 USD and Mouser BOM, about $40.

Other supplies needed:
- an MTA hand tool ( http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/59803-1/ ) and some 24 AWG wire (or you can use pre-assembled PH 2.0 connectors, though I prefer the MTA connectors for reasons that will be clear in the build instructions)
- Brand new, sharp (yes, sharp) clippers. I recommend these: Plato 170, http://amzn.to/2ovrylt
- Desoldering braid or a desoldering gun, such as a Hakko FR300-05/P (I use the discontinued Hakko 808) or ZD-915 desoldering station (shown here on a NAVA: https://youtu.be/v0iA_b0WTDg)
- a blade, such as an Xacto knife

limpmeat
Whoa
GrantB
applause nice to see this project surface. I think we spoke about this at the synth meet. Congrats!
effegee
GrantB wrote:
I think we spoke about this at the synth meet.

Ah, yes. At EMP...
NS4W
Wow! Great work SlayerBadger!

(Wonder if the Yocto kits will be back in stock in order to build the whole thing together...)
Rowan
Sounds absolutely fantastic.... sign me up.
ninGiaBoom
PLease, consider me in as well...i love mod boards like this one love

Cheers
ninGiaBoom
PLease, consider me in as well...i love mod cards like this one love

Cheers
SPIKE the Percussionist
and now i have an interest in this noiz weapon...
JanneI
Definately interested! Count me in! 1 pcb and 1 case, thanks!
lexxxus
1 kit and 1 case, please!
Modulus
This is epic, pimp my yocto please! Please put me on the list for the kit, case/panel, and the cv expansion when it's available. Great work!
yan6
Gawd, I want so bad.....does anyone have an unbuilt yocto to sell me so I can build this sad banana

1 kit of everything
mOBiTh
ah shit, this means i have to build another yocto Dead Banana
Troubleshooter
Sign me in!

p.s. A new yocto with nava kind of sequencer is on its way, I hope for you this PCB will fith both yocto 1 and 2!
GryphonP3
Wow!!!!! INCREDIBLY useful mods!! we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

Troubleshooter wrote:
Sign me in!

p.s. A new yocto with nava kind of sequencer is on its way, I hope for you this PCB will fith both yocto 1 and 2!

This. Will you plan on also releasing for V2? If not, the V1 might actually be a preferable piece of kit..
ThecureForSin
Very cool!!!! Still debating on a yocto and nava, but this is definitely helping the yocto decision screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
momo
Very interested, but I guess this is aimed more at owners with an existing v1 board, or those with a built v1 Yocto without a case (or willing to buy the new case and thus have a spare that probably nobody wants). Because as far as I know, Vincent is soon moving to v2 boards, and not doing any more v1 board runs. Does anybody know any different? Thanks and great work!!
ElSmurf
Glad to see this finally became a reality!
spneca
Wow. This is great! I'm in for a board and metal enclosure.
DJBRUTAL
Rad! Please put me down for a pcb and enclosure.
punkdISCO
effegee
Hi

Wow!! Please may I order/reassure the PCB kit. I will also like the metal enclosure but I think this is not through you.

Please let me know how you require payment etc.

Fantastic mod!!!

thanks,

Paul
keninverse
How are the connections made to the main PCB? Fly-wires? If so, how many fly wires do you need to wire?
Altitude909
someone needs to talk to Kacper and see if he'll run some cases.
Level5
I'm in for 1 kit, please
effegee
Altitude909 wrote:
someone needs to talk to Kacper and see if he'll run some cases.

Kacper is doing cases. He's been working on the design. Read the original post and you'll see his front panel design and the laser-cut resin prototype panel.
newtatao
I guys,
When I saw it... I said "Life is beautiful!!!" my co-renter thank I was insane!
Great job guys, count me please for 1 set smile
I'm so much in love with my Yocto...
Best regards from Paris
MindStasis
Def in for one.
ebbflo
I'm in for two kits and two metal enclosures if interest for those is being sampled here too.
effegee
keninverse wrote:
How are the connections made to the main PCB? Fly-wires? If so, how many fly wires do you need to wire?

29 pairs of wires (1 pair per removed resistor or cap), plus 9 single wires. MTA100 headers attach to right angle connections at the top of the PCB (see photo)

reggiechacha
Looks awesome. Count me in for 1 pcb and parts.
speedmaster
Sign me in too pls !!! I think a kit and a case . Its terrific !!!
PWM
Now I want the Yocto..!
Timmy
I love the name.

the bad producer
I'm in for this 100% wonderful! Kit and parts etc, panel too...
effegee
Timmy wrote:
I love the name.

Ok, here's my favorite Cocteau Twins song:

Actually, I was going to ask Liz Fraser sing her own version of the build instructions and see how far people could get.... razz
effegee
Sign-up list for Cocteau kit is here (Google form): http://bit.ly/2ocVlOq
(Link added in original post.)

If you've signed up in this thread, go ahead and fill out the form.

I'll add a link to Kacper's form for the enclosures sometime soon.
secrethero303
Can't wait! Added myself to the Google form. Any idea how much the enclosure will be?
PixelVampyr
Sounds exactly what my Jocto needs :-) Signed up..
GryphonP3
Definitely in for one, but I would like to hear about what thought are toward development for one compatible with the V2 yocto first? Will they be compatible off the bat? I guess nobody knows yet as it is not fully developed, but maybe the architecture will be similar enough that they will be compatible.. I haven't bought a Yocto kit yet and I am wondering if I should try to get a V1.0 or wait for 2.0. I definitely want this, no matter what Yocto I get. I am sure these improvements dwarf anything the V2.0 will bring.
YannickD
Just a quick question: Are there plans to work on something similar for NAVA as well?
effegee
GryphonP3 wrote:
Definitely in for one, but I would like to hear about what thought are toward development for one compatible with the V2 yocto first? Will they be compatible off the bat? I guess nobody knows yet as it is not fully developed, but maybe the architecture will be similar enough that they will be compatible.. I haven't bought a Yocto kit yet and I am wondering if I should try to get a V1.0 or wait for 2.0. I definitely want this, no matter what Yocto I get. I am sure these improvements dwarf anything the V2.0 will bring.

e-licktronic has not revealed any details of YOCTO 2.0, but I can confirm that Cocteau is not compatible. That is, it will not fit over the top of V2.0 front PCB.
Barcode
Put me down for one in a couple weeks! Can't wait!
momo
A kind user on the Yocto forum asked Vincent from E-Licktronic if they will do any more V1.0 PCB runs and heard back:
tjh392 wrote:
He replied saying V2 is on it's way, there will be no more runs of V1. The board will have a different layout so it won't be compatible with the V1 case.

Which makes Cocteau only an option for those already with a Yocto, or with a 1.0 kit yet to be assembled. In both instances, most of those folk will have a V1 case that would need to be scrapped with the current Cocteau overlay! So it's a bit of a shame. The timing could have been earlier or later for better effect, I think. Not to knock the excellent work into Cocteau! I'm just in a dilemma over it.

By the way Vincent did reveal plans for the V2 kit - see here: http://www.e-licktronic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1191. And from there:
e-licktronic wrote:
Yocto V2.0 is still prototyping but here is the improve of the first version:
-Individual accent on each instrument
-Pad and space to add mods directly on the main PCB
-added an extra synthetic drum based on the Boss PC2
-improved sequencer with length, scale, shuffle and direction per instrument (maybe retrigger and uTiming will be added) ,
tape edit mode, a chain mod and more...
-Stereo output

Your ideas are welcome

Should be available in more or less two month

Best regards,
e-licktronic

That post was from 2nd Feb 2017.
mOBiTh
Clearly the only sensible solution here is for vincent and effegee to synchronise their designs for a V2 release.

Get to work people! hihi screaming goo yo
effegee
Sign up for Cocteau Enclosure (1st batch) here: https://goo.gl/forms/4o8l3HfiWggQw0283

(Added to original post)
GryphonP3
mOBiTh wrote:
Clearly the only sensible solution here is for vincent and effegee to synchronise their designs for a V2 release.

Get to work people! hihi screaming goo yo
agreed! Rockin' Banana!

Seriously I would love to sign up but I am skeptical at how realistic getting a Rev 1 PCB set is right now.
ebonics
wow...

i have a v1 board and enclosure that are still unbuilt...

this would mean that i would ditch my first kacper enclosure though.... and this seems a bit complex to put together...

has anyone attempted this thing as a supplementary surface (mounted on its own and wired into the 808 enclosure through a rather large hole?)

i am trying to work out if I would justify ditching the enclosure for another one or not...
PWM
ebonics wrote:
wow...

i have a v1 board and enclosure that are still unbuilt...

this would mean that i would ditch my first kacper enclosure though.... and this seems a bit complex to put together...

has anyone attempted this thing as a supplementary surface (mounted on its own and wired into the 808 enclosure through a rather large hole?)

i am trying to work out if I would justify ditching the enclosure for another one or not...

Wouldn't making a new enclosure be expensive as well?
If I had a V1 Yocto I wouldn't hesitate a second!
ebonics
ok ill go for one...
DJBRUTAL
If enough people ask, maybe they will make another small batch of v1 Yocto kits. Hit them up on their forum, Facebook, etc. Or maybe we can arrange some sort of group buy type deal for a batch of v1 kits?
GryphonP3
DJBRUTAL wrote:
If enough people ask, maybe they will make another small batch of v1 Yocto kits. Hit them up on their forum, Facebook, etc. Or maybe we can arrange some sort of group buy type deal for a batch of v1 kits?

I would be in but not sure how likely that is
PWM
DJBRUTAL wrote:

I'd like a V1 now this came to light.
sebiiksbcs
On the [COCTEAU enclosures - first batch] page it says

"Enclosures are the same as Yocto 1.0 enclosures but with some changes on front and back panel."

Does that mean the dimensions will fit inside Kacper's Yocto V1 metal case?

In that case it might be possible to drill the additional holes in? Not sure how feasible that would be especially with the shape of the switch holes of course
ebonics
sebiiksbcs wrote:
On the [COCTEAU enclosures - first batch] page it says

"Enclosures are the same as Yocto 1.0 enclosures but with some changes on front and back panel."

Does that mean the dimensions will fit inside Kacper's Yocto V1 metal case?

In that case it might be possible to drill the additional holes in? Not sure how feasible that would be especially with the shape of the switch holes of course

do you know how hard that would be? some of the drills are squares for the switches... i wouldnt attempt that...

i have a v1 case, ill just sell it and get a new one.

i just need a 100 posts to post it for sale grin
DJBRUTAL
DJBRUTAL wrote:
maybe we can arrange some sort of group buy type deal for a batch of v1 kits?

I've sent them a message, I'll report back
Paradigm X
wow. ive got an unassembled v1 kit and an el stroumpf case. this looks awesome tho. i was going to get marmot audio to build mine, but never got round to sending it to him oops id have to buy a new case but very tempting.

nice job either way.
Jwiering
Hello!

I'm a complete beginner to the DIY realm. But I am very interested in getting the Yocto with the Cocteau expansion. I have some friends who are experienced in soldering so that won't be a problem.

Can someone shed a light on what I have to order to have all the parts for a Yocto Cocteau drummachine? Really looking forward to making making music with this drummachine.. it sounds like a dream with those features! <3
DJBRUTAL
DJBRUTAL wrote:
DJBRUTAL wrote:
maybe we can arrange some sort of group buy type deal for a batch of v1 kits?

I've sent them a message, I'll report back

Received this reply:

"Due the lot of asking to get a Yocto v1.0 kit, this is your last chance to get it. We need at least 50 kits to make this batch available"

Jwiering
Nice one! I've now signed up on both links. Do I then get all the parts needed to build it? Excuse my n00bmess oops
DJBRUTAL
Jwiering wrote:
Nice one! I've now signed up on both links. Do I then get all the parts needed to build it? Excuse my n00bmess oops

You will need the following to build a Yocto with Cocteau mod:

1. v1 Yocto kit
2. Cocteau mod kit
3. Cocteau case
4. Other parts for v1 Yocto DETAILS HERE
5. Other parts for Cocteau mod - details in first post

Hope that helps.
yan6
Okay fingers crossed im signed up to all three
poser1
Ahhh.... decisions! Really want to do the V1 option with Cocteau... but I love the idea of accent per voice on the new yocto2.... but then I'm afraid I'll butcher the case/enclosure for a yocto2 when adding in some of the new optional mods without a proper overlay... what to do!!
EDIT: what a wonderful world it is to have these kinds of options - thanks!
Jwiering
DJBRUTAL wrote:
Jwiering wrote:

You will need the following to build a Yocto with Cocteau mod:

1. v1 Yocto kit
2. Cocteau mod kit
3. Cocteau case
4. Other parts for v1 Yocto DETAILS HERE
5. Other parts for Cocteau mod - details in first post

Hope that helps.

Thank you! It helped smile
effegee
DJBRUTAL wrote:

"Due the lot of asking to get a Yocto v1.0 kit, this is your last chance to get it. We need at least 50 kits to make this batch available"

http://www.e-licktronic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1321
Rxke
Ordered a Cocteau and a new case.

Now hoping there will be enough takers and this becomes a reality smile
yan6
Any indication if the minimum of 50 has been met
GryphonP3
Amazing that they have opened te possibility for a last run of V1.0s! Signed up now that that has been made official. Hopefully we dont see a cocteau2.0 as soon as I get this built hihi
effegee
yan6 wrote:
Any indication if the minimum of 50 has been met

e-licktronic confirms that the minimum 50 kits has been met and they are still taking orders.
Rxke
Wow that's insanely fast woah
KlangGenerator
Ordered two kits! cool
effegee
PayPal invoices (price of kit + shipping & handling) go out in the next couple of days. The Cocteau list will close the same day as the YOCTO V1 list, May 1st, so anyone that wants one will have to order by Monday evening (US, PDT). Then I will place the order for PCBs and parts, which should arrive within 6-8 weeks.

I've been working with Kacper to finalize the design of the back panel, front face and bottom of enclosure (not the front panel, which will stay the same) to give people the option of future modifications, especially the Autonomik Circuits CV expansion kit, which will be available later this year AND and an expansion slot for the forthcoming Drum Module Generator (DMG), which will add an additional drum voice to YOCTO in the form of swappable cartridges. Note: both the CV expansion and DMG will be compatible with YOCTO V1 (+ Cocteau), YOCTO V2 and NAVA.

Watch this thread for more information.
GryphonP3
Just paid upn (EDIT: Just saw this was for the enclosure - not the full kit yet!) SlayerBadger! So CV expansion will work on a stock NAVA? That's great news! I will take one for each then when that becomes available. Looking forward to this.. Had been waiting for the V2 Yocto to come out, but this seems like it will be a much more welcome improvement than the V2 sequencer. I always end up sequencing these from my Cirklon anyway..

effegee wrote:
PayPal invoices (price of kit + shipping & handling) go out in the next couple of days. The Cocteau list will close the same day as the YOCTO V1 list, May 1st, so anyone that wants one will have to order by Monday evening (US, PDT). Then I will place the order for PCBs and parts, which should arrive within 6-8 weeks.

I've been working with Kacper to finalize the design of the back panel, front face and bottom of enclosure (not the front panel, which will stay the same) to give people the option of future modifications, especially the Autonomik Circuits CV expansion kit, which will be available later this year AND and an expansion slot for the forthcoming Drum Module Generator (DMG), which will add an additional drum voice to YOCTO in the form of swappable cartridges. Note: both the CV expansion and DMG will be compatible with YOCTO V1 (+ Cocteau), YOCTO V2 and NAVA.

Watch this thread for more information.
effegee
All PayPal invoices have been sent out to people who filled out the google form.
There are 6 people who asked for a kit in this thread, but I still don't see their name on the google form list. (I pm'd them, but haven't heard back.) If you haven't received an invoice and still want a kit, please fill out the form so you don't miss out: http://bit.ly/2ocVlOq

The list closes tomorrow, May 1st (same day as the YOCTO V1 final batch).
rampy
Looks like the Yocto list is already closed. I feel like I had trouble signing up for it last weekend and I'm now second guessing whether or not I got through.

Is there any way that someone could PM me contact info for e-licktronic? I've already paid for Cocteau and enclosure, I'd hate to miss out on the Yocto kit.
effegee
Future-Proof your Cocteau & YOCTO V2 enclosures!

Later this year, there will be available two additional modification kits from Autonomik Circuits: Remora and Vactrol-8. Both kits will require additional holes on the back panel and/or front face and bottom of the enclosure, so Kacper will be presenting options for those who want either of these forthcoming kits. Some people were bummed that they needed a new enclosure for Cocteau. Having taken that into consideration, these kits are being announced now, so that those interested will have an enclosure ready for these mods when they are available for purchase.

Remora (formerly “Drum Module Generator” [DMG]) is an expansion module with cartridge slot that installs in an expansion port on the back of the drum machine where you can plug in separately-sold analog drum voice circuits in the form of swappable Gameboy DMG cartridges. These cartridges are surface-mount versions of popular analog drum circuits (808, 909, 606, etc.).

Remora's list of features includes:

- Gameboy cartridge slot
- Volume level pot
- 4 pots for sculpting the sound (for example, 808 BD: Tone, Decay, Tune)
- Mono 3.5 mm jack for Audio Out
- internally connects to Trig Out, Accent and Audio Mix of drum machine
- Onboard options for 909 & 606 noise circuits and digital chip noise circuits (Delptronics, Electric Druid, etc.)
- Compatible with Cocteau, YOCTO, and NAVA

Currently, there are functioning prototypes of 9 different Remora drum cartridges, with more under development. They will ship as individual, ready-to-use cartridges and possibly as DIY kits (for those comfortable with SMD soldering).

Remora, which ships with its own panel, slides into the drum machine's back panel expansion port.

Situations when another drum voice might be useful:

- You're sequencing your NAVA and want to add in an 808 Rimshot
- You're laying down some YOCTO beats and need two BDs tuned apart with different decays
- (My favorite) You've tweaked your Cocteau CP to sound like a "snap", but still need a Handclap sound, so you insert a CP-8 cartridge to have both.

*** If you are interested in purchasing Remora later, please choose Kacper's enclosure option with the expansion port. The enclosure will ship with a blanking panel over the expansion port, which can be unscrewed to install Remora.

Vactrol-8 kit

The second kit adds 8 or 16 CV inputs in the form of vactrol circuits. These vactrol circuits are similar those found in various commercially available drum modules, where a CV signal received is output as a variable resistance, adding CV control over pots and resistors of the user’s choice. The Vactrol-8 kit puts modular CV control into a tabletop drum machine format, i.e., Cocteau, YOCTO, or NAVA.

There are three parts to the kit:
1) Two Vactrol PCBs that mount on the floor the enclosure, 8 vactrol circuits per PCB.
2) CV Input jacks (3.5 mm, mono) on the back panel, connected to the Vactrol PCB
3) Front face Switch PCB with SPDT slide switches that connect or bypass the individual vactrol circuits. This Switch PCB connects to the Vactrol PCB via a shielded 16-conductor ribbon cable.

Selected pots (chosen by the user) are wired in series with individual vactrol circuits on the Vactrol PCB. In the case of Cocteau, the wires that connect the Cocteau PCB to the YOCTO main PCB need only passed through the Vactrol PCB via MTA connectors (i.e., no additional number of wires needed).

Changes needed in the enclosure for Vactrol-8:

- 12 holes on the bottom of the enclosure to mount two Vactrol PCBs (6 holes per PCB)
- 32 holes on the bottom to access the trimmers on the Vactrol PCBs (the trimmers that set the offset and scale) (16 holes per PCB)
- 16 holes on the back panel for the CV Input jacks
- 16 holes on the front face of the enclosure for the slide switches (plus 7 mounting holes)

*** If you are interested in purchasing a Vactrol-8 kit later, please choose Kacper's enclosure option with the extra CV holes.

--Additional back panel holes--

There are additional back panel holes for:

- RS/CL-2 & MA-2 Audio Out (Cocteau only)
- Trig 3 Out (Cocteau only)
- Accent Out
- White Noise (WN) IN (input audio signal that replaces WN)
- HT & CH individual Audio Out (YOCTO V2 only)
- extra holes for jacks for user-defined mods
Paradigm X
eek! i just signed up hope im not too late!

cheers
effegee
Paradigm X wrote:
eek! i just signed up hope im not too late!

cheers

You're on the list smile
goldplate
Insane !

Where will be the pots for the Remora ?
effegee
goldplate wrote:
Insane !

Where will be the pots for the Remora ?

On the back panel next to the cartridge slot.

The Remora panel on the left (see below) fits over the back panel expansion port.

Rxke
Hmmmm... I ordered the case from Kacper, but didn't see the remora or vactrol options... Going to try to reah him, but i know from last experience that's not always easy... hmmm.....
Paradigm X
effegee wrote:
You're on the list smile

awesome, many thanks, saw your email will paypal at lunchtime!

Rxke wrote:
Hmmmm... I ordered the case from Kacper, but didn't see the remora or vactrol options... Going to try to reah him, but i know from last experience that's not always easy... hmmm.....

yeah likewise. i didnt get a confirmation from either signup form either, assumed id get an email to say 'youve pre-ordered xxx...'

hopefully we'll get an option to add the other, er, options at a later date.

cheers
effegee
Paradigm X wrote:

Rxke wrote:

yeah likewise. i didnt get a confirmation from either signup form either, assumed id get an email to say 'youve pre-ordered xxx...'

hopefully we'll get an option to add the other, er, options at a later date.

cheers

Sorry for the confusion. Kacper has not presented enclosure options yet. The intent of my post was to proved an explanation, so that when options are presented at a later date, people will understand what those options are. Everyone will have a chance to choose.
Rxke
Aha, great news!

Thanks for the info.
Paradigm X
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. I got a request for money from Kacper and wasnt sure whether to hang on a little bit.

Another quick couple of questions please;

Do the two trigger outs used for the ca/rs also work as external trigger outs or do you lose this functionality?

Do the two new voices (and the demora) also get added to the internal mixer?

Many thanks.

Ben
effegee
Paradigm X wrote:
Do the two trigger outs used for the ca/rs also work as external trigger outs or do you lose this functionality?

Do the two new voices (and the demora) also get added to the internal mixer?

Trig 1 and Trig 2 of YOCTO run through the Trig 1 and Trig 2 jacks on the back panel and then to RS/CL-2 and MA-2. The jacks are switched, so that when nothing is plugged in, RS/CL-2 and MA-2 are triggered; when a cable is plugged into the jack, it breaks the connection to RS/CL-2 or MA-2 and diverts it through the cable to your external module.

Yes, the new voices + Demora are added to the internal mixer.
Paradigm X
Hey thanks for that.

I paid for the enclosure and got an email from kacper asking which version i wanted so have ordered the one with the extra expansion holes.

cheers
Ben
Emalot
Sorry everybody to post this here, but i'm searching a programmed Atnega for my Yocto 1.
Please, if somebody have one to sell PM me.
Thank you very much
Julien
heapish
If I can find a buyer for my Erica Yocto Case I maybe willing to part with my unbuilt v1 kit. Not bought the mouser cart yet.
drox
[quote="effegee"]
Later this year, there will be available two additional modification kits from Autonomik Circuits: Remora and Vactrol-8. Both kits will require additional holes on the back panel and/or front face and bottom of the enclosure, so Kacper will be presenting options for those who want either of these forthcoming kits. Some people were bummed that they needed a new enclosure for Cocteau. Having taken that into consideration, these kits are being announced now, so that those interested will have an enclosure ready for these mods when they are available for purchase.

Remora (formerly “Drum Module Generator” [DMG]) is an expansion module with cartridge slot that installs in an expansion port on the back of the drum machine where you can plug in separately-sold analog drum voice circuits in the form of swappable Gameboy DMG cartridges. These cartridges are surface-mount versions of popular analog drum circuits (808, 909, 606, etc.).

Remora's list of features includes:

- Gameboy cartridge slot
- Volume level pot
- 4 pots for sculpting the sound (for example, 808 BD: Tone, Decay, Tune)
- Mono 3.5 mm jack for Audio Out
- internally connects to Trig Out, Accent and Audio Mix of drum machine
- Onboard options for 909 & 606 noise circuits and digital chip noise circuits (Delptronics, Electric Druid, etc.)
- Compatible with Cocteau, YOCTO, and NAVA
/quote]

I wanted to ask is the Remora mod possible without the Cocteau mods installed? I most likely will want all of them (why not) but thought it's worth asking
effegee
drox wrote:
I wanted to ask is the Remora mod possible without the Cocteau mods installed? I most likely will want all of them (why not) but thought it's worth asking

Yes, Remora will be compatible with YOCTO 1 & 2 and NAVA (Cocteau not required), the only limiting factor being that it will require an enclosure with an expansion port.
drox
effegee wrote:
drox wrote:

Yes, Remora will be compatible with YOCTO 1 & 2 and NAVA (Cocteau not required), the only limiting factor being that it will require an enclosure with an expansion port.

awesome thanks for your reply
supervalued
effegee
Hello, I wanted to ask if it's still possible to jump in the preorder of the Cocteau mod for Yocto v.1.0? I saw this mod only today... and I want it bad. Thanks, Valery
effegee
supervalued wrote:
effegee
Hello, I wanted to ask if it's still possible to jump in the preorder of the Cocteau mod for Yocto v.1.0? I saw this mod only today... and I want it bad. Thanks, Valery

There are still a few extra kits available for preorder. Place your order here (Google form): http://bit.ly/2ocVlOq
MrRoper
Hi effegee

Ive just started building my yocto v1 kit whilst I wait for the Cocteau and enclosure. Would you be able to send me a Cocteau installation guide in advance so I can prepare my yocto for it before its fully populated?

Thanks!
effegee
MrRoper wrote:
Would you be able to send me a Cocteau installation guide in advance so I can prepare my yocto for it before its fully populated?

The build docs have not been compiled yet, but for starters, here's the "Desolder Map" which shows which components not to solder in if you don't want to have to desolder them later.
https://flic.kr/p/USv4Xh

In addition to the components on the map, do NOT solder in:
- Trig1 and Trig2 jacks
- R8 on the I/O PCB

I should add here that for Remora there are a number of electrolytic caps that need to be soldered in horizontally, to create more room for installation. The photo below illustrates the two different ways that the electro caps can be mounted horizontally.

Here is the map of the electro caps that must be horizontal to create room for the Remora expansion: https://flic.kr/p/UxGXPd
MrRoper
Thanks for updating the post! Just finished on the bass drum today so I've still got a way to go but the de solder map is really handy.

Just one question with the caps that needed to be folded over to fit the Remora mod, how much clearance is there? Would I be able to use a low profile capacitor like this?

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium-capacitors/7060535/

It 5mm high so should be about the same as a cap on its side right? I think the diameters' about 6mm right?
effegee
MrRoper, a capacitor of those dimensions would work as well. Anything 6mm tall or less should work.
rasi
Wicked idea! Just disappointed I didn't hear about it till now... EDIT: Got a kit Mr. Green

You can put me down for the vactrol expansion board too
yan6
any news on this yet
effegee
Still waiting on the shipment of switches to arrive.
goldplate
Hey !

Will we get the BOM soon ?

Really looking forward to build your kit ! hihi
Rxke
I got the BOM by e-mail
goldplate
Yes, I totally forgot that, thanks !
KlangGenerator
Make sure to raise the quantity on some of the Mouser parts. For example: 10 metal film resistors are cheaper than 3. It's also never a mistake to have some spare parts...
Barcode
I never received the BOM via email.... If anyone wants to share that would be awesome.
KlangGenerator
Mouser BOM

Tayda BOM:

1x
5K(B)
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/b5k-ohm-linear-taper-potentiometer-ro und-knurled-plastic-shaft-pcb-9mm.html

3x
10K(B)
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/10k-ohm-linear-taper-potentiometer-ro und-knurled-plastic-shaft-pcb-9mm.html

3x
25K(A)
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/25k-ohm-logarithmic-taper-potentiomet er-round-knurled-plastic-shaft-pcb-9mm.html

3x
25K(B)
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/potentiometer-variable-resistors/rotar y-potentiometer/linear/b25k-ohm-linear-taper-potentiometer-round-knurl ed-plastic-shaft-pcb-9mm.html

3x
100K(A)
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/potentiometer-variable-resistors/rota ry-potentiometer/logarithmic/100k-ohm-logarithmic-taper-potentiometer- round-knurled-plastic-shaft-pcb-9mm.html

3x
100K(B)
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/100k-ohm-linear-taper-potentiometer-r ound-knurled-plastic-shaft-pcb-9mm.html

3x
250K(B)
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/b250k-ohm-linear-taper-potentiometer- round-knurled-plastic-shaft-pcb-9mm.html

4x
1M(A)
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/1m-ohm-logarithmic-taper-potentiomete r-round-knurled-plastic-shaft-pcb-9mm.html

4x
1M(B)
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/1m-ohm-linear-taper-potentiometer-rou nd-knurled-plastic-shaft-pcb-9mm.html

4x
2M(A)
provided by Autonomik Circuits
KlangGenerator
Just received a shipping confirmation! applause
Rxke
Ditto.
Hoping customs doesn't delay it too much. That would be a first though... very frustrating
goldplate
Well received the kit, which looks good. Now wait for the build guide !

razz razz razz

EDIT: well received the uncomplete build guide now too !
yan6
Anyone receive their cases yet. I emailed and was told at the time they would ship the following week. I let a few weeks pass and email again but this time without any reply seriously, i just don't get it
ebbflo
I've received both my kits and waiting on the enclosures too. I have sent a couple of emails over the past two weeks with no reply either.
goldplate
Here he says that all enclosures were shipped.
Rxke
yan6 wrote:
Anyone receive their cases yet. I emailed and was told at the time they would ship the following week. I let a few weeks pass and email again but this time without any reply seriously, i just don't get it

Kacper is sometimes hard to reach but he's totally legit, so don't panic.
effegee
All kits have shipped. Build thread here.
Rxke
yan6 wrote:

I just got my case yesterday. Europe, Belgium

pic to compare it to kacper's v1.0 case (I hope I can sell it to somebody hihi )
rampy
My case was delivered today (Texas). It looks great, hopefully I can get around to building this thing sometime soon!
KlangGenerator
Yes, the case looks nice. But again I am not happy with the quality of the silkscreen. The printing wears off way to easy. Turning the case around a few times already made the silkscreen peel off on some places. I think it's a good idea to treat the case with some clearcoat. Otherwise it will look like sh** after some months of use.
Paradigm X
kit arrived yesterrday, many thanks hyper eek! SlayerBadger!
Rxke
Woohoo! for once, a package from abroad passed customs in record time.

My lovely government 'only' charged €51 for that tremendous effort d'oh!
Paradigm X
Yeah i got charged £34. Dont mind that in itself, but £8 of that was a 'processing fee' angry
MikkelM
What happened with the Vactrol-8 I could use that for my NAVA...

Cheers

Mikkel
effegee
MikkelM wrote:
What happened with the Vactrol-8

Still under development...
MindStasis
No room for internal IEC supply, FYI. Cool mods though.
dam
Will there be another run of Cocteau PCBs and enclosures.
Please say yes.
Leverkusen
Yes, a notcher batch of these would be wonderful - possibly connected with the other two mod boards...

Drums!
BARE BONES
Id definitely be up for one of these and the cv board
supervalued
effegee wrote:
Vactrol-8 kit

The second kit adds 8 or 16 CV inputs in the form of vactrol circuits. These vactrol circuits are similar those found in various commercially available drum modules, where a CV signal received is output as a variable resistance, adding CV control over pots and resistors of the user’s choice. The Vactrol-8 kit puts modular CV control into a tabletop drum machine format, i.e., Cocteau, YOCTO, or NAVA.

There are three parts to the kit:
1) Two Vactrol PCBs that mount on the floor the enclosure, 8 vactrol circuits per PCB.
2) CV Input jacks (3.5 mm, mono) on the back panel, connected to the Vactrol PCB
3) Front face Switch PCB with SPDT slide switches that connect or bypass the individual vactrol circuits. This Switch PCB connects to the Vactrol PCB via a shielded 16-conductor ribbon cable.

Hey, what vactrols are going to be used? I guess they should be "fast" ones, right?
effegee
supervalued wrote:
Hey, what vactrols are going to be used? I guess they should be "fast" ones, right?

NSL-32SR3
Jean Luc Cougar
What's the best play for a Cocteau / Yocto V1 right now?

On the Elicktronic site it says Yocto V1's are sold out
The one guy that makes cases (Kasper or something like that) has been unresponsive to people that paid for cases for 1-2 months.

Is there any way to get a V1 + Cocteau right now?

It looks like I could:
1. Buy a V2 Yocto, but no Cocteau, and possibly no case
2. Try to buy V1 Yocto from someone selling theirs, but maybe no Cocteau, and then maybe an Erika case that I drill and have to label myself.

In all honesty, neither option is good.

I also worry about the overall lack of responsiveness of Elicktronic in general, it appears that they were supposed to have more Nava's in stock in September and it's mid October and no response whatsover. Who's to say that they don't update to a Nava 2.0 making Erika cases defubct as well.
jfberma
Yeah, I was excited to build the yocto v2, but I'm not going to dive into it without a viable case option
JanneI
KlangGenerator wrote:
Yes, the case looks nice. But again I am not happy with the quality of the silkscreen. The printing wears off way to easy. Turning the case around a few times already made the silkscreen peel off on some places. I think it's a good idea to treat the case with some clearcoat. Otherwise it will look like sh** after some months of use.

Same thing here, silkscreen is way too easy to wear off. I wrote to kacper but he hasn't responded :(
Leverkusen
Yes, the e-licktronic forum is not the most active one. Not speaking about debugging the firmware.

When I ordered a case from kacper last year he was not very responsive too but I got the case when I expected it to come and everything was fine.

Still would love to build a cocteau on it...
electroplated
I have an untouched complete Yocto V1 kit plus complete set of additional components that is starting to look like it might never get built. If anyone is interested, PM me smile
serum114
Hi effegee. Would you care to share how you done the reverb decay time for the clap? Ive been trying to shorten the time with little success. Thanks
goldplate
There is what you want in one of my post on the build thread.
Rxke
Build thread:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186514&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=0
serum114
thanks guys!!
brilliant work effogee. although i dont have a cocteau board it is definatley the most concise 808 mod guide ever, i hope you dont mind me borrowing a few!!
JanneI
Doing wiring... CB DECAY is polarized? No + - on the pcb? Which is which? Thanks!

EDIT: answer on the docs grin
left pad -
right pad +
maltemark
JanneI wrote:
KlangGenerator wrote:

Same thing here, silkscreen is way too easy to wear off. I wrote to kacper but he hasn't responded :(

No response here either, the mask just peeled of from nothing ..... Anyone heard anything?
JanneI
maltemark wrote:
JanneI wrote:
KlangGenerator wrote:

No response here either, the mask just peeled of from nothing ..... Anyone heard anything?

I send my case to Kacper and he paid the shipping. Last I heard he was waiting to get enough cases to be repainted and then he'll send them back. When? Not sure..
Rxke
JanneI wrote:

I send my case to Kacper and he paid the shipping. Last I heard he was waiting to get enough cases to be repainted and then he'll send them back. When? Not sure..

the cocteau cases? Is that being organized via the yocto forums?
I seemingly don't have problem with my case, but then again I haven't used it yet, so it might be a problem in waiting... Are all cocteau cases badly screenprinted?
KlangGenerator
Kacper reworked a few cases after his customers complained about the bad quality of the first run.

I also sent him back my two cases. He returned one case that had acceptable paint quality. The other one was completely untreated.

Since Kacper disappeared from the scene, I had to file a Paypal buyer protection claim to get my money back.
newtatao
Hello everybody,

Iam in same statement, I have sent enclosures twice (really bad silkscreen quality each times) I paid twice shipping! hopfully Paypal protect sent me back my money.
I have tried to contact Kacper a lot of times, asking him to give me the vectorial design of the front plate, no answers from him!!!
So if someone gots the vectorial design, I have plan to engrave frontplate with cnc, then to finish this Yocto+cocteau into an Hammond case (or something in the same style).
Cheers
supervalued
the bad producer
Great - I need one too!
maltemark
Still No reply from kacper here.
ivaneranu
Got my case a few months ago. Saw the thread, picked a little bit of the silkscreen, and sure enough, flakes off.

Wasn't impressed with the Nava case I got from Kacper either. Standoffs were badly aligned, one broke off.

I think some kind of clearcoat will be the only way to prevent damage.

What type would you makers recommend?
JanneI
I haven't heard from kacper since jan 4th. No answers to my emails. Anyone have any info about kacper? I send my case to him for the re-paint (he paid the shipping) oct 2017.

Erica synth guys are doing their case for cocteau in a few months. It would be nice to know what's going on with Kacper. Seems odd since the first yocto case I got 2016 was spot on beautiful.
groove
jfberma wrote:
Yeah, I was excited to build the yocto v2, but I'm not going to dive into it without a viable case option

Erica has V2 cases available here:

Erica Yocto V2 Case
JanneI
Just got an email from Kacper, re-paint done and enclosure shipped with tracking. I have no idea why this took so long but seems like Kacper still delivers. I'll report the results with pics when I get the enclosure back, in 1-2 weeks.
rainydaysynthesis
JanneI wrote:
Just got an email from Kacper, re-paint done and enclosure shipped with tracking. I have no idea why this took so long but seems like Kacper still delivers. I'll report the results with pics when I get the enclosure back, in 1-2 weeks.

Sweet! Can't wait to here back
supervalued
JanneI wrote:

Is the size of slide switches cut-offs fixed as well?
supervalued
Also, any news on Remora & Vactrol-8 mods? Or it's just not happening anymore?
JanneI
I got the enclosure back from Kacper and it's much, much better quality. I'll try to fit it to the pcb next week and report back then. Pics:[/img]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kdozfjy4pnhm6s/Cocteau-repaint1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/58ffc1sozryf5du/Cocteau-repaint2.jpg?dl=0
automatique
Looks nice! It would be interesting if Kacper is still providing those or just finishing the overhauling of the faulty ones. I tried to order one over a year ago and never get an answer. Ericasynths answered to a request dating january '18 for a similar case that they will offer something similar "soon". Ten weeks later it's not so soon anymore, but I hope there is something coming because I just want to finish this project.
JanneI
So, I tried to fit the cocteau pcb with the switches to the repainted enclosure, no luck. Holes are still too tight in horizontal way. They need to be 4mm, but they are more like 3,5mm. So, if someone hasn't soldered those switches yet, maybe try to find a different model?

I think I'll have to try to carefully file the holes bigger..and worry about the paint later.
rampy
I still haven't heard back from Kacper. Has anybody had successful results spraying the case with a clear coat?
JanneI
I just noticed that all the backpanel jacks are too tight also, so I'll need to drill those bigger. Not that big of a deal compared to the rectangular hole filing, but seems like this cocteau case is really badly designed. very frustrating

EDIT: the main pcb led's don't fit, so these need to be drilled bigger too.
Rxke
Dang!

That's rather unexpected... confused
goldplate
You have to enlarge in "vertical" way too or the switch will remain in its shorting position and the mod won't work.
GryphonP3
Man, I have just finished doing all the parts on my Yocto V1 + Cocteau boards, and only just now got to putting it in the enclosure to line up the switches.. These things absolutely wont fit through the hole cut outs!! What a joke!! I see others have had the same problem... I have never had to do treatment to an enclosure like this before - Could someone recommend me a good tool and technique for the job? What a pain in the ass.. Thought I could finish this entire thing up tonight..

Can anyone recommend smaller switches that will fit? I will do some mouser digging in the meantime.. That would be much easier than trying to make do with these ones. I have already applied 3 layers of clear coat which helped the flakey paint, but makes it so that trying to drill or squeeze things through holes that are too small globs the clearcoat up around the edges and smudges it across nearby areas.
GryphonP3
GryphonP3 wrote:

Can anyone recommend smaller switches that will fit? I will do some mouser digging in the meantime...

Dug through my stock of switches and Mouser Part # CS12ANW03 that I had left over from another project seem to fit perfectly through Kacper's narrow holes (ewwwwwwww!!)

The shaft is a few MM shorter than the ones provided, but it is still easily switchable. Will follow up with a picture from my phone.
GryphonP3
Here, they have good clearance for easy switching through the panel, and enough vertical clearance to be switched as well (damn look at the nasty clearcoat gunk pushing the provided switches through the hole left scarred on my panel!!)

GryphonP3
JanneI wrote:
I just noticed that all the backpanel jacks are too tight also, so I'll need to drill those bigger. Not that big of a deal compared to the rectangular hole filing, but seems like this cocteau case is really badly designed. very frustrating

EDIT: the main pcb led's don't fit, so these need to be drilled bigger too.

Did you drill all the erroneous holes? If you could recommend a good bit size that worked for you, I would appreciate it! Hardware and tiny measuring is not my forte.. So at this point, the TRS and the LED holes are too small? Or the MIDI and power holes as well?
JanneI
GryphonP3 wrote:
Did you drill all the erroneous holes? If you could recommend a good bit size that worked for you, I would appreciate it! Hardware and tiny measuring is not my forte.. So at this point, the TRS and the LED holes are too small? Or the MIDI and power holes as well?

Only the LED holes so far, I think I used 3.2MM drill. Those TRS jacks are bigger than 10MM (around 11-12MM) which is usually the max of many hand drills, so I'll do that when I have proper tools available.
goldplate
Just drill with the size above the diameter of the hole, like 0.5 more. For the LED, I don't remember but 3mm could maybe just work.
GryphonP3
Alright got mine all sorted and fit smile just waiting on mouser now for a few more of these smaller switches and some 2200uF caps and hopefully she'll be kicking pretty.
goldplate
Are the additionnal expansions still planned to come ?
the bad producer
Does anyone know where I can find a panel cutout file to get my own done - was there ever one available?!

help
Macgyverradio
looking for a cocteau PCB and enclosure or a completed one... let me know if anyone has one to sell! email me at gianlucasaggese@gmail.com
Bastoon01
the bad producer wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a panel cutout file to get my own done - was there ever one available?!

help

I was thinking of doing a Lexan overlay so I can use the enclosure with the bad paint, so I asked effegee and he kindly sent me a good quality jpg which seems to be at the right scale when opening it in Illustrator.

http://u.cubeupload.com/Bastoon01/image11.jpeg

However i asked a few companies around and they told that they need a vector file to have it done, so I'm asking around people I know if someone would be able to help me getting it vectorized. I tried a few software that does automated vectorizing from an image but as I expected, the result isn't usable at all.

Another way would be to ask Kacper as he is the one who did the frontpanel design I believe, but he has'nt answered any of my email for a few months so....
yan6
I had a bad paint enclosure too. I used duplicolor high temp engine clear and baked it with my oven. It turned out pretty good and is now durable. It did yellow the colors slightly, but kind of added a vintage feel to it.

I tried this once before with an arp panel and had terrible results, but it was with krylon paint seriously, i just don't get it
goldplate
Damn what a shame, he didn't repainted your cases as he did mine ?

Even if the first paint held I wouldn't have been satisfied as it was of very low shitty resolution.
maltemark
goldplate wrote:
Damn what a shame, he didn't repainted your cases as he did mine ?

Even if the first paint held I wouldn't have been satisfied as it was of very low shitty resolution.

Nope, no response on mail despite mailing every 6 week or so from the paint starting to flake off after the postman delivered it at my place.
automatique
Are here still wigglers without a proper enclosure for your cocteau modded yocto? We are looking for potential buyers to make it happen that erica synths provide a nice enclosure: http://www.e-licktronic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1859&p=11250#p1 1250 If it's not allowed to post links to other boards, feel free to delete the link/post.
supervalued
automatique wrote:
Are here still wigglers without a proper enclosure for your cocteau modded yocto? We are looking for potential buyers to make it happen that erica synths provide a nice enclosure: http://www.e-licktronic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1859&p=11250#p1 1250 If it's not allowed to post links to other boards, feel free to delete the link/post.

I'm in for a proper case from Erica Synths. Have no answer from Kacper about the re-silkscreen. And it's actually useless to just re-silkcreen — lots of holes should be adjusted.
automatique
Has anyone drilled the existin enclosure to fit the cocteau mod?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 8