MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla Documentary ??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Buchla Documentary ??
Drakhe
Wasn't there supposed to have been a Buchla Documentary on Kickstarter? Has it ever been released?

Any backers on here with more info? (couldn't back it myself as the campaign was over when I was made aware of it :-( )
listentoaheartbeat
Drakhe wrote:
Wasn't there supposed to have been a Buchla Documentary on Kickstarter? Has it ever been released?

Any backers on here with more info? (couldn't back it myself as the campaign was over when I was made aware of it :-( )

Last update (from August):

"As I have mentioned before, this has been a very hard project to raise funds for. So this means there is no money to pay Greg to edit. So all is being done bono. And that means we have to take other jobs. So now we are editing another film that is funded and can pay Greg to edit. So if anyone knows a kind soul who would like to be Executive Producer and can raise funds so Greg can focus on editing just Buchla then we will get done sooner than later."
Drakhe
Thanks for the feedback, seems they'll finish but not just yet eh.
Truely hope they can finish this!!
percussion boy
There were excerpts of some Buchla doc, that looked very good, shown between acts at the memorial concert weekend in SF. Not sure if this is the same project discussed above, but seems like it kinda must be, right?

edit: Site just says, "The Don Buchla movie in progress by Clarity films."
maxchristensen
I dream of wires extreme edition was really good IMO and covers the topic quite well
plainjanefrancis
I dream of wires is definitely worth watching <3
dan_k
As enjoyable as IDOW is I don't think it begins to cover Dons's legacy.
Drakhe
Indeed IDOW (especially the hardcore edition SlayerBadger! ) is super, but more general in flavor.

I'm really excited to see both Don Buchla's and Bob Moog's movies, I'm sure they'll be great from synth angle, but I want to hear the stories from/about these 2 wonderfull human beings.

Howevermuch I like IDOW, I also very much liked Bright Sparks, just because they brought wonderfull and interesting stories told by the briljant minds in synth history, looking forward to more stories!
dan_k
Drakhe wrote:

Howevermuch I like IDOW, I also very much liked Bright Sparks, just because they brought wonderfull and interesting stories told by the briljant minds in synth history, looking forward to more stories!

Cool, I hadn't heard about that one will check it out. thanks!

Recently enjoyed Electro Moskva, which is available for viewing if you subscribe to Fandor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V5g77nNUhE

And the Bastl documentary on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4oOmcm0NGY
Drakhe
Not sure it's still available. It initially was released together with the I Monster album of the same name (and concept), don't know if they ever released it on other media.

The idea was to take 4 iconic US companies and 4 iconic UK companies in the synth realm (Moog, Buchla, ARP, Chamberlin, Mellotron, EMS, EDP and Freeman) and make an album, dedicating one track to each of these 8 companies. The idea was to make a short film about these companies to acompany the album release, but it turned into a 2 hour documentary.
dan_k
Looks like both the album/movie bundle and film by itself are available here:

http://brightsparks.movie/shop/
Drakhe
Not sure that'll work, thats an archive page...

I'd send an email first to check availability...
dan_k
Confirmed, bought and downloaded the film.
Drakhe
dan_k wrote:
Confirmed, bought and downloaded the film.

Excelent! Enjoy!
dan_k
Thank you! Guinness ftw!
Axel Arcade
Another +1 here for IDOW . Good to see other documentaries available, nice tips! Thanks guys
tau_seti
There is an update to the film for backers but I didn’t know about it at the time so wasn’t able to back it. Any news?
otoskope
I saw a preliminary version of the film in a private screening a couple of days ago. They are still editing it. It was a wonderful experience - lots of detail and unknown footage. They dug really deep in the archives. But it will still take some time to finish the editing. It will be worth the wait.
Auditory Response
any news on this yet?
Virusinstaller
I really hope this still goes ahead.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1